I am a former English Teacher that has begun to seek a career change to something more challenging and rewarding. My studies have provided me with years of experience in the composition of persuasive works, the decomposition of argumentation, and the study of Rhetorical Theory. For the past two years, as an educator, I was charged with also teaching these skills to adolescents in addition to collecting data as well as working with teams of educators and parents to ensure the success of their children.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
In my studies I have taken graduate level coursework in Technical Writing and have proofread, constructed, and restructured software design documentation for my husband (software engineer) at his previous position. Furthermore, I have experience in sales, tech/customer support, complex administrative processes, and experience with a variety of soft (interpersonal) skills necessary for teaching students and adults alike.
- Specialize in portraits and events while handling all logistics and digital editing of the session.
- Hardware experience is with a Confidential - Series and Confidential.
- Software experience includes Adobe Photoshop (CS6/CC), Adobe Lightroom, some Adobe Illustration (watermarking), and various commercial Photoshop plugins over the years.
High School Teacher
- I specifically have been charged with British Literature.
- While I was excited and clearly capable with my current “coursework”, this is not on par for a 2nd year teacher.
- Normally, senior level classes and advanced electives are reserved for teachers with seniority.
- Engagement with students often requires to ability to go above and beyond and outside the box on a near daily basis.
- Exposing them to archaic British literature was rather dull for my students, until I coordinated and chaperoned a field trip to a Medieval Faire.
- Teaching requires a great deal of improvisation while still ensuring that strict structure of requirements and demands have been met.
- Although I was educated strictly as an English teacher, I have done so much more.
- Additionally, I volunteered to fill the schools need for an Intensive Reading and Debate instructor.
- Though new to it, I have created a curriculum with no prior experience needing little-to-no oversight.
- This job has required me to have an unnaturally high amount of alacrity and while stressful, has made me a better teacher.
- I didn’t even know how much I would enjoy teaching kids to avoid using logical fallacy, thus engaging students with one another in healthy debate.
High School Teacher
- This is a heavily Spanish-speaking community I taught at and was exposed to a variety of obstacles and hurdles that were never handled in college.
- I even had immediate exposure to ESL (English as a Second Language) and zero English students from day one.
- Helped my children establish their standard Confidential as well as their Gear-Up paperwork to help these students find financial avenues to college while also chaperoning the highest risk students to college campuses all so that they may see college as more than a pipe dream.
- When a teacher quit mid-year I stepped up by giving up my only planning period to take on the extra English section.
- This of course forced more work to be done after hours and at home so that students could have a teacher.