- Assisted approximately 100 Confidential housed at the Confidential and throughout the metropolitan area.
- Guided efforts to match families with housing through various faith - based organizations during the “adopt-a-family initiative.”
- Coordinated eighth annual education and job fair with the Confidential for a few hundred participants and vendors that included national college recruiters, employers from around the region and a variety of community-based organizations.
- Maximizes retention of students toward the completion of their programs by fostering a supportive educational environment in which they can excel.
- Instruct and tutor students (some of whom were at-risk and involved in the court system) in the fields of English, communications and ethics.
- Students with various academic and social issues are counseled while earning their degrees. Remain proficient in MS Office Suite.
Public Affairs Specialist
- Designed public information and marketing strategies that helped broaden the interest of metropolitan area residents and organizations about the criminal justice system.
- Prepared press releases and news articles to inform and involve the public on issues of local and regional significance concerning the Department of Corrections.
- Expressed technical information clearly to non-technical people.
- Created monthly newsletter intended for widespread dissemination and conveyance of specific and general Departmental policies, events and accomplishments.
- Municipal and federal government knowledge was applied with consulting and functional skills to implement the agency’s mission.
- Submitted replies to the media in order to rebuff negative or inaccurate articles or commentaries printed or spoken about the agency.
- Supervised the day-to-day operation of the staff while maintaining the department’s weekly mission and goals.
- Identified, analyzed and coordinated the implementation of a variety of executive policy issues and decisions.
- Recruited various stakeholders and partners from the public, private and faith-based institutions to ensure that all city residents were afforded the same opportunities.
- Assigned staff to resolve minor community and tenant complaints.
- Chaired Inter/intra agency and community-based task force established in order to inform and educate citizens about citywide informational fairs that provided facts about local infrastructures. Accustomed to working in both training and project environments. Probed and analyzed the nature and scope of conflicting problems.
Policy Analyst/Case Manager
- Created and implemented program guidelines, policies and procedures to improve program operations.
- Provided recommendations for system reform, program reconstruction and modification.
- Served as a technical expert consultant for the Confidential ’ transformation schools project.
- Developed a comprehensive work plan that addressed the persistent problems within families and their surrounding neighborhood.
- Performed needs assessment evaluations to identify effective programs for youth development.
- Analyzed data to identify priorities to organize case management.
- Designed transition methodologies for students and their families.
- Provided advisement and processed vocational assessment tests.
- Wrote a curriculum for 38 students.
- Elevated the basic skills score levels of 10 middle school students and three bipolar pupils by one grade level within a one-year timeframe.
- Taught students with varying disabilities including mental retardation and severe emotional disturbance problems.
- Achieved a 97% success rate promoting 33 out of 34 Confidential students.
- Achieved 100% advancement rate raising the reading level of 11 students.
- Recommended action on pupils needing more restrictive placements.