Dedicated and personable communications practitioner with more than four 4 years varied exposure and experience in communications strategy, public relations, media relations, publicity/press management, social media content development, new and traditional media, and large-scale event management.
Communications Research Assistant
- Supported and enhanced overall Sustain Arts communication and organization capacity through online content development, content calendar management, assistance with public programs and message and branding creation.
- Managed organizational communications for platform showcases, fundraising events and in-house research gathering database.
- Gathered and organized sector arts funding research for use in the Sustain Arts digital platform.
- Assisted with Sustain Arts project management and regional and national press and social media for Detroit launch.
- Including PBS KIDS, American Repertory Theater, Levenson and Hill, IMG Fashion Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, GLAAD Media Awards, Solomon Guggenheim Museum, United States Tennis Association's US Open, and BET Networks Sunday Best paid intern for the following GLAAD, Distinguished Concerts International New York, International Cannes Film Festival, Fox 8 New Orleans and WTTW, PBS Chicago.
- Developed social media content, wrote screening reports, and assisted with communications programming strategy.
- Drafted press releases, wrote daily online blogs and weekly recaps, and managed project information databases.
- Researched media stories and leads and assisted with writing and compiling nightly news scripts.
- Managed media personnel and select talent during high profile events, including red carpets, press junkets, media interviews, and live and pre-recorded news tapings.
- Assisted in event operations management, built relationships and liaised with press, media and community members.
- Increased the college's social media activity by 75 through live and engaging content and monthly digital campaigns.
- Represented the College of Social Sciences as a communications liaison both internally and at select academic and extracurricular events New Student Orientation, Honors Convocation, 2013 University Commencement .
- Coordinated and co-managed the inaugural Jazz and American Democracy Professional Training workshop through the College's Institute for Quality and Equality in Education in conjunction with Jazz at Lincoln Center, New Orleans Parish Public School System, Louis Armstrong Foundation, Higher Ground Foundation and the University of New Orleans.
- Supported the Director of Student Services with all student related issues including enrollment and academic advising and assisted the College's Operations Director with budget management, reconciliation and faculty and staff archival data.
- Liaised with cast and crew members to compile playbills for Lincoln Center Theater shows including LCT3's Disgraced and Luck of the Irish, Off-Broadway's 2013 Tony Award winner on Broadway Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike, and the 2013 Tony Award nominated 75th Anniversary Broadway production of Golden Boy.
- Scheduled press performances, maintained house seat books, compiled and distributed press clips and press releases
- Assisted with photo calls, promos, interviews, pitches, openings, and other press ventures for Lincoln Center Theater.
- Secured press for Lincoln Center Theater shows and responded to all press inquiries.
- Created email communication for Philip Rinaldi Publicity and maintained Microsoft Access contact database.
- Increased social media content and presence through 50 daily activity and online community engagement.
- Established and managed publicity via social media and written press releases, and assisted with marketing initiatives for the performing arts center including building social media relationships with the Tribeca Film Festival.
- Made and fielded media calls and compiled and maintained press lists.
- Developed strategic marketing, public relations and social media campaigns for individual shows including the family series and Tribeca's brand.
- Established earned media relationships with Tribeca Film Festival.
- Instructed eight sections of Public Speaking with at least 25 college students per class.
- Co-instructed as graduate assistant instructor four sections of Interpersonal Communication with at least 400 college students per class.
- Judged the department's Mixon Lyceum speech and debate invitational and the state high school rally.
SELECT GRADUATE LEVEL PROJECTS
- Harvard Masquerade Ball Communications Chair - developed a communications plan for the annual event and managed a team of three 3 committee members during the event to secure live, online social media engagement.
- TEDxHGSE Master of Ceremonies hosted the inaugural TEDx event at Harvard Graduate School of Education.
- ALANA Anthology Editor-gathered and prepared submitted writings for the 15th edition of the celebrated text.
- Created, designed and wrote implementation plans for the Black Box Initiative, a new media campaign that encouraged black youth to reshape and rethink media portrayals and media narratives of black Americans.
- Co-developed and co-wrote a business plan for Olio, a card game of executive functioning for 4-6 year olds in the K-12 education marketplace.
- Designed, wrote a business plan for and pitched, with a team of 4 four, the Scratch the Surface Campaign, which encouraged 14-16 years old to become wiser, savvier consumers and spenders.
Excellent Communication, Press Releases and Press Clips, Public Speaking, Proofing and Editing, Press and Media Management, Media Liaising and Research, Administrative/Clerical, Guest Relations and Customer Service, Public and Community Relations, Problem Solving, Academic Research
Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Access, Windows Movie Maker, MAC iMovie, Adobe Acrobat and Photoshop, Win Cue, QuarkXPress, HTML Introduction , Salesforce, Social Media Management, Google Apps, Moodle, Blackboard, ENPS, Drupal, Student Information System SIS , Financial Records Systems FRS
Louisiana State University Communication Studies Graduate Assistantship, Mary Francis Hopkins BlackBox Scholar, James S. Kemper Scholar, Louisiana Communications Association Top Undergraduate Student Paper Award, Xavier University of Louisiana Academic Scholarship, Xavier University of Louisiana Dean's List, Louisiana Boys State Delegate