- Institutional Portfolio Management & Operations, Asset Allocation, Client Relationships
- Over 25 years as a senior investment professional with institutional “buy & sell - side” experience and a distinguished record of accomplishments in institutional investment management and operations (front, middle & back office operations).
- Deep knowledge of all macroeconomic, fiscal and monetary policies impacting institutional asset management.
- Solid understanding of Confidential including valuation metrics, managers, products, diligence process, institutional portfolio management, and industry trends.
- Ability to independently form judgments on the merits of various investment opportunities and provide high quality recommendations.
- Substantial experience in setting strategic asset allocation, executing tactical views, and identifying market opportunities across asset classes.
- Proven success working with investment committees and managing staff.
- A hands-on professional with highest ethical standards, passion for investing and strong work ethic who is a consensus builder, collaborative, team-oriented, self-motivated, and can affect change.
Confidential, Tysons, VA
- Analyzed asset manager performance versus benchmark with required monthly/quarterly reporting for accounting and Investment Committee purposes.
- Work required close coordination with custodian and investment consultants to execute key controls over monitoring performance and asset valuation.
- Researched changes in US and Int’l regulatory changes and support recommended changes to investment strategy.
- Managed operations of first Confidential 401(k) Plan restructuring; worked with investment advisors, HR, Director, and Treasurer to develop new
- Plan offerings approved by Fiduciary Committee coordinated and led frequent communications with recordkeeper, custodian bank, legal counsel and investment managers to complete and review contracts, establish schedule to transition over $1.5B in assets, and fund new accounts on established deadline; collaborated with HR and recordkeeper to customize participant communications of changing 401k options.
- Analyzed and rebalanced pension portfolio to meet target asset allocations per Pension Policy.
- Presented expense reporting and governance issues to Confidential.
- Managed $92M+ asset transfer from Confidential to successor company for special project divesture requiring coordination amongst Confidential, custodian, auditors, and fund managers.
- Responsible for manager selection, from origination to investment committee presentation, and offer independent recommendations on the merits of investment opportunities. Performed due diligence.
Head of Investments & Global Asset Allocation
Confidential, New York
- Led a team of investment management professionals responsible for managing all aspects of the SFO’s front/middle/back office and maintaining family-member (FM) relationships of the SFO wealth fund.
- Deep understanding of each FM investment objectives and time Confidential .
- Active member of the investment manager selection process, from origination to investment management committee (IMC) presentation offering independent recommendations on the merits of investment opportunities.
- Managed SFO wealth fund’s liquidity based on Investment Management Policy Statement (IMPS) objectives.
- Developed, managed and monitored a diverse multi-asset/multi-currency portfolio which included recurring reviews and ad-hoc analysis of both manager and asset-level performance. Led internal and external meetings and build quality relationships with managers and consultants. Used all available account aggregation, reporting, and risk metrics/analytics capabilities to meet/exceed IMPS.
- Performed due diligence of external investment managers, including leading the evaluation of the manager’s investment process, portfolio exposures, risk management, and performance. Oversaw the analysis and assessment of potential new investment indexes, potential changes in procedures for fund investing, and the preparation and presentation of findings and recommendations to the IMC
- Prepared and delivered presentations regarding “investment club-deals” and investment strategies and governance policies of sovereign wealth funds to SFO members.
- Researched, interviewed and hired money managers from around the world to implement financial strategies, including cash management, fixed income, equities, alternatives, derivatives & real estate.
- Managed advisory & discretionary mandates of Confidential & Family Offices relationships.
- Proposed customized investment strategies, taking into account clients’ specific fiscal requirements, including but not limited to insurance strategies, tax, banking needs and complex trust and estate plans.
- Evaluated potential and current asset managers (internal/external).
- Implemented global asset management strategies, tactical thematic trading, and fund selection process.
- Served as an advisor to the Investment Committee on portfolio weighting, resource allocation, and new lead generation.
- Developed strong, trust-based relationships with a broad variety of internal and external contacts, such as consultants, managers, vendors and peer institutions, other departments of Confidential
Founder / Owner
- Advised buy-side and sell-side transactions to companies and private equity investors. Met and screened prospective investments, independently determining whether or not these investments should be further pursued and performed due diligence on partnerships for which funding would likely be recommended.
- Executed due diligence on private equity opportunities from start to finish, including initial fund meeting, review of performance, attribution analysis, financial review, creation of detailed fund revaluation, sensitizing company level exit projections, reference calls and assessment of both absolute and relative performance versus industry peers.
- Worked with outside managers on evaluation of potential co-investment opportunities associated with existing, active general partners.
Chief Investment Officer
- Implemented holistic wealth management strategies, including but not limited to global portfolio management strategies, strategic & tactical asset allocation models, manager selection, trust & estate planning, global legal & tax compliance plan.
- Executed thematic global trading strategies for onshore/offshore investment fund markets (institutional level).
- Executed due diligence selection process in launching a Fund of Hedge Funds in Luxembourg and Switzerland.
- Significant experience managing externally managed portfolios of equity managers and hedge funds.
Chief Investment Officer
- Provided ongoing operational and strategic leadership input across the various family office concerns, and also provided a comprehensive view of the family’s personal and business affairs through relevant financial and management reporting.
- Designed and implemented all alternative investment strategies and products, driving results from planning to execution.
- Researched, hired and managed a large number of HF managers in traditional and alternative investments areas.
- Analyzed potential, private, investable companies and investment opportunities, executing co-investment transactions.
- Ensured compliance with investment strategy, covenants, environmental & social safeguards, and recommended corrective actions.
Senior Vice President
Confidential, New York, NY
- Developed and recommended investment plans managing all asset types/classes for clients utilizing all of the appropriate WM Investments capability, service and products.
- Managed a team of investment advisors & relationship managers, using CRM to track prospects to close.
- Demonstrated an in-depth knowledge of corporate policies and procedures.
- Delivered sophisticated credit solutions (e.g. stock option financing, unique assets, customized loans, etc.).
President & CEO
Confidential, New York, NY
- Created a wide array of deliverables, including client presentations, financial models, business metrics, marketing documents, pitch materials, confidential offering memoranda, management presentations, fairness opinions, and board presentations.
- Communicated proprietary research and insights to “buy-side” institutional clients.
- Managed the daily research calls with the Institutional Sales and Research teams.
- Performed regulatory due diligence reviews of long-only & hedge fund managers.
- Held staff meetings with key stakeholders from Compliance, Legal, Portfolio Management, Trading, Operations, and Systems.
- Reviewed and continuously improved processes, including monitoring investment processes and back office infrastructure.