Confidential, NYC, NY/Jersey City, NJ
IT Facility Manager
Data Center Infrastructure Support Services Manager
Network Operations Center Manager
- Managed requirements of the job performance with contractors in related building trades. Managed installation, construction, maintenance and estimating of Data Centers, Computer Rooms, Tech Center Rooms and Tele/Data Communications Rooms infrastructures and facilities environmental support services.
- Acted as an advocate for the Company with supervision and coordination of the construction managers, project engineers, architects, subcontractors and union craft trades. Worked with personnel to identify areas of possible automation and/or improvements to provide better service and enhance problem resolution.
- Oversee and managed the physical planning, scheduling and installation of computer hardware, network equipment and facilities environmental resources. Projects included new equipment, modifying existing equipment and retiring obsolete equipment.
- Supervised and directed project installation, alteration, retrofit, repair and maintenance of computer hardware equipment, telecommunications systems, network services, facilities resources and voice, data, video, wireless, telecom and Telco infrastructures systems.
- Managed IT infrastructures, data center operations, telecommunications systems, network operations centers and facilities support services within commercial, industrial, high - rise, campus style and data center facility buildings.
- Managed the planning, monitoring, evaluating and appraising job performance of construction trades and operations support staffs.
- Provided implementation specifications to the contractors and union craft personnel to meet deadlines along with compliance verification.
- Analyzed performance and failure trend data to identify and implement improvements, coordinated time sensitive high-risk repairs and alterations to existing systems in addition to support of timely resolution of trouble ticketing calls.
- Experience in troubleshooting complex network connectivity issues involving distributed Data Center and WAN technologies.
- Working knowledge of Electrical, Mechanical, HVAC, Plumbing, Fire, Communications, Building Management Systems and Controls infrastructures systems related to data center facilities operations, building codes and safety standards.
- Provided management and technical support to ensure all technology services, methods, processes and activities are consistent with corporate directives, are within scope of planned business requirements and practices and adhere to company specifications. Managed and supported data center environments in accordance with predetermined service level agreements to achieve consistent and reliable operations. Managed complex and high-risk technical projects.
- Supervised the planning, scheduling, coordinating and directing of the work force, assignments, budgets, estimating, billing, payroll, ordering and expediting of equipment and materials, inventories, preventative maintenance programs, OSHA regulations, training, safety and employer/employees labor relations programs.
- Managed out source support, contractors, vendors, consultants, site resources and contracts. Responsible for the supervision of project labor staff and tech support personnel.
- Worked with HP Openview, N-Vision, Cisco Strataview, CiscoWorks and CiscoSecure, Lucent VitalSuite, IBM Tivoli Netview, Aprisma Spectrum Integrity, Exceed Hummingbird, NAI Sniffer Technologies SniffView, and ICMS Cable Connectivity network management systems software tools.
- Participated in weekly conference calls, to identify issues and problems, proposed remedies and determined technology and facilities action plans.
- Responsible for incident management, change management, inventory management, invoice management, white space management, M&E management, and operating expense management. Management, tracking and maintenance of all the Confidential core building components including electrical and Mechanical/HVAC systems technical operations experience.
- Principal point of contact and control for vendor management, third party suppliers, service level agreement providers, and equipment/materials procurement. Oversight and direction of out-sourced service vendors and In-house building engineers and electricians in the operation and maintenance of Confidential and Core Facilities Systems.
- Worked across operational business units to manage Data Center Operations, Technology Infrastructures, Telecommunications Services, NOCs Network Operations Centers, WAN Management, and Electrical, Confidential and Core Facilities Systems.
- Supervised and directed total building power shutdown of telecommunications, network, data center computer hardware, facilities, electrical, UPS and battery equipment for maintenance, service, retrofit and upgrading.
- Ability to read Electrical, Mechanical, HVAC, Plumbing, Facility, Network and Tele/Data Communications Blue Prints, Schematic Drawings and Single Line Diagrams.
- Broad knowledge of UPS, PDU, battery, ATS, switchgear and diesel generator systems, electrical and emergency power distribution services, Mechanical, HVAC, plumbing and computer room air conditioning services, data center floor space layout, building security, access control and environmental automation systems, fire life safety, alarm and suppression systems, copper and fiber optic cabling and wiring systems standards and principles as related to data center technology and facilities systems infrastructure planning and build-outs. EIA/TIA 942 Data Center Standards - Telecommunications Infrastructure Standard for Data Centers.
- EIA/TIA Category 5/6/7/8 copper and fiber optic cabling for voice, data, video, wireless, servers, VOIP, ATM and DWDM/SONET structured cabling of computer hardware, networks, telecommunications, distributed systems, LAN/WAN, MDC/Fs, IDC/Fs and LDC/Fs infrastructures. EIA/TIA 568-A/B Commercial Building Telecommunications Wiring Standards - Structured Cabling Standards for Category 5/6 and Category 7/8. SYSTIMAX Structured Connectivity Cabling Solutions Systems AT&T-Bell Laboratories-Lucent Technologies- Avaya-CommScope Category 8/7/6/5 SYSTIMAX Structured Connectivity Cabling Solutions Systems Corning Optical Fiber Fiber-Optic Cabling Systems OM4/3/2. OM4/3/2 is an industry standard for a laser-optimized, high-bandwidth, 50-micron Multimode Fiber Cable approved by the Telecommunications Industry Association.
- Project managed and supervised data centers equipment build outs. Technology infrastructure projects experience covers voice, data, video, servers, wireless, telecom and Telco networks including routers, switches, WAN switches, terminal servers, wireless LANs, VOIP, IP/TV, video conferencing, web casting, streaming media, content delivery and multimedia communications systems, Broadband, Digital, Cable and Satellite Distribution Communications Systems, web and application servers, mainframes, midranges, distributed systems, data security, ISP, ISS, SANS/NAS, client-server, market data and trading exchanges, VPNs, PBX and voice telecom systems, Telco circuits and CSUs/DSUs equipment. Upgraded network and server equipment. Ordered and tracked equipment purchases. Managed and tracked projects to completion. Project managed implementation and installation of EIA/TIA Category 5/6/7/8 copper and fiber optic cabling for voice, data, video, multimedia, wireless, servers, telecom, Telco, distributed systems, VOIP, PBX, LAN/WAN, ATM and DWDM/SONET infrastructures.
- Worked effectively with technical staff and provided leadership, mentoring and career enhancement to personnel.
- Ability to take control of a complex situation, resolve issues, logically and adapt to suit a changing situation.
- Excellent computer skills and expert user knowledge of PC network operating systems and software.
- Excellent communications, written and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.