- Background: Startup/Accounting/Auditing/Environmental/Service
- Successful accounting executive offering 30+ years experience in P&L management, internal auditing, A/P, A/R, Consolidation, general ledger & tax management.
- Key activities included budget management, financial reporting, consolidations, forecasting, internal audits, and problem solving.
- With hands - on involvement, communicated with all levels of management, strategically redeployed assets, reduced debt, improved cash flow and reduced liability.
- Designed and implemented numerous programs and reports in Financial Management and Human Resource Training and provided those reports to appropriate levels of management.
Proficiency in the following software applications: MS Excel, MS Word, Windows, Lotus 1 - 2-3, QuickBooks, etc
Working knowledge of: personal computers, software, calculators, internet
Confidential, Conroe, TX
- Resolved accounting issues and handle employee related matters.
- Key activities entailed P&L and cash flow management, budget analysis, managing monthly A/R and A/P, bi-monthly payroll and fixed assets.
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Examined validity of financial reports for compliance, payroll, budget analysis, adjusting entries, statement preparation.
- Provided suggestions for improvements in internal controls.
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Directed financial activities of the company: Budget analysis, forecasting, strategic planning, cash management, Balance bank statements, accounts payable, accounts receivable, journal entries, adjusting entries, financial reports, tax returns, Fixed Asset reports, etc.
- Coordinated and scheduled jobs to completion.
- Responsibilities included on-going interactions with other Division Controllers addressing a wide range of reporting issues and concerns for the Region:
- Reviewed financial reports for the consolidation and budget analysis
- Prepared Consolidated Financial Statements
- Coordinated the process of financial documents for other Division Controllers in providing timely and accurate reports for Corporate Management.
- Directed human resource activities for the region office, which included interviewing, hiring, terminations, compensation and benefits package
- Directed all financial activities of 5 Divisions, SEC reporting, financial statement preparation, financial analysis, budget, cash flow, payroll processing, taxes, cash management, general ledgers, strategic planning, forecasting, etc. Property asset management including vehicles used to transport materials.
- Audited financial statements for governmental agencies, financial services, small business, construction companies, various oil company divisions, SAP, GAAP
- Prepared financial statements and tax returns, fixed assets reports
- Reviewed internal controls and made recommendations for improvement
- Technical writing for reports