- Risk - averse, vision-driven professional possessing comprehensive 15+ years’ experience in trademark protection and corporate security to drive business success.
- Analytical law specialist; adept at formulating and implementing top-notch intellectual property protection programs to safeguard business operations.
- Adept at detecting and eliminating copyright violations, trademark infringements, as well as financial and legal risks.
- Skilled at composing and reviewing licensing agreements, incorporating anti-piracy regulations, and delivering effective training sessions to cross-functional employee groups.
- Expert communicator; capable of liaising across all organizational levels with keen focus on internal collaboration.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Anti-Piracy & Licensing
- Corporate Security
- Infringement Protection
- Revenue Optimization
- Risk Analysis & Mitigation
- Legal Support
- Training & Development
- Leadership & Negotiations
Technical Proficiencies: SQL, Jira, Microsoft Office Suite
Confidential, Washington, DC
Assistant Director, Legal
- Ensure maximum company security by managing programs for detecting and eliminating copyright as well as trademark infringement.
- Drive smooth operations by directing preparation of new IP protection programs.
- Minimize copyright infringement and counterfeiting risks by facilitating development of Confidential ’s public anti-piracy program.
- Foster effective implementation of IP rights and protection programs via collaboration with in-house sales, sales administration, senior management, and customer service.
- Demonstrate expert-level legal insights to carry out all IP pre-litigation matters and practice trade secret protection.
- Supervise and deliver robust IP protection training/instructional programs to outsourced IP labor in Orlando, Florida, for skills enhancement.
- Reduce financial and legal risks by composing as well as analyzing licensing agreements.
- Acknowledged for being part of team that won $500M copyright infringement judgment against Confidential 's largest competitor, Xceligent.
- Established complete IP protection of more than 5M images through registration in United States Copyright Office.