My specialty is cutting costs and streamlining processes to maximum efficiency. Working with foreign currencies and executive management is second nature to me as well. I thrive in anarchy because I know what it takes to get to the light at the end of the tunnel. I have a real interest in technology, human resources and overall helping a company achieve their initiatives to reach their goals. I make contacts and friends quickly and have been able to leverage those relationships in order to assist companies in receiving what is necessary to reduce costs. I work as a resource for companies across departments because we are all working for the same outcome.
Strategic Planning Revenue Recognition Software Capital Expenditures Financial Analysis Startup Operations Balance Sheet Management P & L Management Budget Planning
Vendor Relations Bank Relations KPI’s Benefits Admin
ERP Implementation Superior Excel Skills Cash Management Cost Reduction
Accounting Close Efficiency Improvement Staff Management & Training Rolling Forecast
- Close Process - Bank rec, balance sheet rec, journal entries, accruals, prepaids
- Code and enter Accounts Payable into Quickbooks, cut checks
- Produce Invoices and collect Accounts Receivable.
- Assist in moving to SAP worldwide ERP System
- Process Payroll, make 401k Payments to carrier
- Develop Long Term Processes for sustainable growth
- Purchase Capital Assets, develop Asset Control Process
- Process withdrawals and deposits for foreign clients from all over the world, but mainly China and Japan.
- Assist in the month end close. Bank reconciliations for multiple currencies from several banks around the world.
- Report cash position per day in 8 currencies.
- Make wire payments for Invoices, and clients who are withdrawing foreign currency.
- Quickbooks Online Install, get the software up and running, adding vendors and customer.
- Set up Quickbooks online paymens
- Set up Inventory Module for use
- ERP Install of NetSuite. Planning the system needs and building of modules.
- Quickbooks set-up. Adding accounts properly and set-up of the Sales Tax Module.
- Enabling policies and procedures to sustain future and accelerated growth.
Confidential, Beverly, MA
Operations Manager / Controller
- Assisted in worldwide search for ERP upgrade from Quickbooks to SAP Business One. Dealt with sales team and contract through Project Managers, Implementation and Training.
- Ability to cut costs, in the first year, by 40%.
- Benefits administration. Ability for the company to pay 100% of benefits, through other cost cutting measures, all while adding a new benefit on average of every three years.
- Instituted a full budget process. Meeting with department heads for ideas, explanations and final numbers.
- Worked closely with IT to not only understand what we needed to excel, but infrastructure, contracts and cash flow needed to achieve.
- Supervised two employees - Accounting Manager, Office Manager
- Responsible for full month end and year end close: Balance Sheet Recs, Accruals, Prepaids, Fixed Assets, and Financial Reporting with Analysis.
- Ran full audit with outside CPA, everything from “Laundry list” to final production of taxes.
Senior Financial Analyst
- Project tracking for return on investment, utilization and capital expenditures.
- Assisted in Business Plan including analysis for trends, competition and strategy.
- Line of Business Reports which consisted of predictions of profitability, new acquisitions and product overviews.
- Worked with Sales & Marketing for costing for prospective bids.
- Lead for ERP Implementation of Quickbooks to PeopleSoft.
- Reporting to Executive Management for back-log, utilization and flash reporting.
- Analysis of month end close which included commentary concerning variance, interpretations and trends for not only Executive Management but also Department Heads.
- Building models and budgets with Excel.
- Building Financial Statement Packages, with Consolidations.
- Building Fixed Asset Databases.
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations.
- Streamline Efficiency.
- Income Statements Variance Analysis.
- Ad Hoc reporting.
Confidential, Wakefield, MA
Senior Accountant / Senior Financial Analyst
- Responsible for Revenue recognition for four regions of U.S., averaging 50 projects in time and expenses or fixed price and total revenue of 40+ million a year.
- In Charge of Deferred Revenue, Contract Billing and Balance Sheet recs for Revenue.
- Accountable for complete intercompany reconciliation, which includes, revenue sharing and expenses for 15 cities nation wide and 4 countries.
- Supervised one billing clerk.
- Financial Analysis: Flash report, Revenue Forecasting, and Utilization reporting.
Confidential, Burlington, MA
Senior Accountant / Senior Financial Analyst
- Total control for the General Ledger including adjustments, accruals, revenue recognition and reconciliations.
- Financial Analysis: Backlog, Sales in Receivables, Sales & Margin and Inventory Turnover.
- Responsible for full Financial Package which includes extensive analysis of actual to budget and quarterly reviews, financial analysis, phased schedules, intercompany transactions and financial reports.
- Assisted in planning budget for upcoming fiscal year.
- Assisted in planning financial quarterly reviews.
- Supervised one employee for Accounts Payable and invoice processing.
- Handled deposits as well as cash application.
- Light HR for new hires and benefits.
- Payroll processing using E-Time and ADP for salaried and hourly employees.
- Bank Reconciliation.
- Liable for entries, adjustments and reconciliation for 3 separate intercompany accounts, which includes accounts receivable, and payable consolidation.
- Checked credit references for potential customers and designated credit lines.
- Streamlined Financial Package to provide better accuracy, format, and financial analysis for both sister and parent companies.
Confidential, Wilmington, MA
Assistant Controller / Financial Analyst
- Responsible for input and adjustments to the General Ledger.
- Total accountability for commission reports and payments to a sales staff of 20 throughout the Northeast.
- Liable for accuracy to the Financial Statements that included: expense reports, income statements, sales reports, cost of goods sold reports, and payroll reports.
- Responsible for YTD, Monthly, and Quarterly graphs depicting sales by territory, by salespeople, by product, by state and overall as a company.
- Assisted in planned budget for the upcoming fiscal year.
- Tracked actual and variances in budget.
- Responsible for separation of territories for Salesmen as well as tracking progresses and declines in their territory.
- Responsible for price books to Salesmen that included markups, cost accounting and discounts to preferred clients.
- Performed all aspects that went along with the payment and preparation of sales & use tax for several states, including New York.
- Performed bank reconciliation.
- Responsible for account reconciliation including a suspense account.
- Assisted in Implementation of upgraded software and became focal point of Software problems.
Confidential, Somerville, MA
- Payroll processor: Managed the payroll for a staff of 100, both salary and hourly employees.
- Conducted tracking of sick, vacation, and personal time allowed.
- Assisted Human Resources with benefits & 403b.
- Managed a staff of 11 in and around the Greater Boston Area.
- Conducted some reduction of fixed assets sales and distribution.