- I am currently seeking a long - term role to finalize my enrollment into a competitive Veteran IT Program in Network Engineering
- The program requires full time employment in an IT position.
- The optimal position will provide the maximum amount of growth potential in an organization that recognizes the value of a strong work ethic, superior organizational skills, team and conflict management abilities and excellent time management strategies.
- I am an approachable leader with 11 years’ experience in the IT field and welcome an environment with strong mentors who regularly challenge me to take on responsibilities outside of my comfort zone.
- Over the next 32 months I will combine the skills I learn through 19 courses (Cisco, CWNP and EC-Council) with the practical experience I receive in my new position to accomplish my goal of becoming a Senior Network Engineer.
- All training is focused on emerging technologies and skills within Wireless / Mobility, Infrastructure Security, Cyber Security, Data Center, Cloud and Campus Switching / Routing. Strong emphasis is put on Project Management, Risk Assessment and Compliance processes.
- 4 years’ hardware technician experience providing initial troubleshooting and maintenance for 24+ computer workstations.
- 7 years’ computer hardware property manager experience for the physical installation, relocation, maintenance, and storage of computer hardware and peripherals.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage competing demands/deadlines.
- Computer abilities include experience working with master data management systems and advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
SKILLS & TECHNOLOGY FOCUS:
Planning and Time Management | Budget, Quality Control and Communications | Risk, Procurement and Stakeholder Management | Managing Work, Scope, Schedules and Cost | Building and Leading an Effective IT Team | Building and Effective Trust Model | Managing Conflict | Encouraging Commitment and Ownership | Increasing the Team Standard of Excellence | Achieving the Right Results
Wireless LAN (WLAN) | WI-FI | Mobility: Site Survey Procedures | Designing for Data Coverage | Designing for Voice and Real-time Applications | Designing for Location and CMX | Designing for Outdoor and High Density | Designing and Executing Effective Security Policies | Security Approaches in the Enterprise | End Point and Client Security | Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) and Security Management | Wi-Fi Infrastructure Security | Access Control | Secure Roaming | Network Monitoring | Troubleshooting Processes | Communications Protocols | 802.11 Frames | WLAN Hardware | Spectrum Analysis | Wired Issues
Data Center | Cloud | Virtualization | SDN | ACI: Network Protocols and Host-to-Host Communication | Data Center Networking Concepts | Data Center Storage; FCoE, Fiber Channel, iSCSI | Server Architecture | Data Center Network Virtualization | Unified Computing System (UCS) Overview | Automation and Orchestration | SDN and Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) | NX-OS Configuration Automation | Provide Increased Bandwidth and End-to-End Resiliency Services | Provisioning Custom Queuing and Quality of Service | Python, JSON, REST, XML, NETCONF, YANG | APIs and Automation Protocols | OpenFlow, OpenDaylight, SDK | Network Operations and DevOps | VMware Software Defined Data Center | VMware vCenter Server, vMotion and ESX
Infrastructure Security | Cyber Security: Security Concepts; Firewall, VPN, Intrusion Detection and Protection (IDS/IPS) | Threat Mitigation through Identity Services Engine (ISE) | Web Authentication and Guest Access (ISE, TACACS, RADIUS) | Deploying NAT on Cisco IOS and Cisco ASA | Deploying Threat Controls on ASA and IOS | Cisco FlexVPN Solutions | SSL VPNs | Cloud Web Security | Cisco Email Security Appliance | Cisco Malware Protection | Cisco FirePOWER | Security and Risk Management | Identity and Access Management | Security Assessment and Testing | Security Operations | Software Development Security | Footprinting and Reconnaissance | Scanning Networks | Enumeration | Preventing System Hacking | Preventing Malware Threats | Sniffing | Social Engineering | Preventing Denial of Service | Preventing Session Hacking | Preventing SQL Injection | Protecting Cloud Computing | Understanding Cryptography
Small Craft Operator
Confidential, Ft. Eustis, VA
- Planned, implemented, and coordinated logistical support between internal and external vendors for the installation of classroom hardware and audio visual equipment.
Course Supervisor / Designer / Instructor
Confidential, Yorktown, VA
- Orchestrated self-help projects for installation of multimedia equipment consisting of new video switching hardware HDMI cable routing to multiple outlets, and construction of simulator equipment.
- Performed physical relocation of hardware and printers that involved installation of new cable wires, pulling wires, and reconnecting to network reducing cost on contracted services.
- Applied hardware property management techniques to store and protect computer hardware and software products with 100% asset accountability.
- Planned, implemented, and coordinated logistical support has a project manager for the relocation and renovation of training classroom observing all selling and marketing policies established by the company.
- Facilitated training with new employees and annually with all employees on established computer security standards and procedures.
Training Manager / Lead Instructor / Local System Manager
Confidential, Seattle, WA
- Performed initial troubleshooting of hardware, network, desktop applications, and printer issues for 75+ network users reducing service requests to Coast Guard IT service desk by 70%.
- Expertly manage an annual budget of $100,000 to operate two training course, renovate classrooms, improve radar simulations, and upgrade Full Mission Bridge Simulator to include the maintenance of all required files of orders and quotes for the length of time established by company policy.
- Worked cross functionally to grow knowledge of systems and products relevant to professional contractors, end customer, and Confidential associates during development stage of shipboard navigation training course.