I am a supply chain professional with Production Scheduling, Purchasing, Inventory Control and Logistics Management within a high volume chemical plant. My background includes over sixteen years of supply chain experience with ERP/MRP, 5S & ISO Internal Auditor and Safety Committee Team leader. I was involved with an SAP implementation and training including BOM creation and revision. I also have ten years of day to day experience with SAP, scheduling production, purchasing, inventory control and logistics.
- Six years of SAP day to day experience, including implementation experience.
- Microsoft Office and Lotus Notes experience.
- Solid vendor management and evaluator experience.
- Solid inventory management, logistics and inventory control experience.
- MRP production scheduling experience...Maximizing capacity and keeping inventory turns within guidelines.
- Procurement experience. Having held both scheduling and purchasing titles, I fully appreciate the need for 100% coordination and communication to insure the product(s) will arrive when necessary.
- Safety Committee Team Leader...I fully appreciate the need to reinforce safety training on a continual basis
- Kaizen participant...Always eager to share my experience to assist in cost cutting and productivity initiatives
- 24HR HAZWOPER hazardous materials training.
- Incipient fire training.
Confidential, University Park, IL
- Responsible for daily production schedule for a high volume specialty chemical manufacturer. Ongoing coordination with management, procurement and logistics to meet on time and inventory metrics.
- SAP production scheduling, demand & capacity planning & inventory control BOM & MRP view maintenance Logistics coordination.
- Truck & railcar SAFESTART Steering Committee Member & Trainer Superior OTIF and <24 hr Order Confirmation percentage (Highest in N.A.) Excellent performance review
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Responsible for finite scheduling vs. forecast for a high volume paper and plastics manufacturer. Daily meetings to coordinate prioritization with the production staff. Coordinates schedule changes with procurement to insure timely delivery of raw materials and components.
- Diligent in keeping finished good and WIP inventory to minimums while keeping a high service level.
- Review of inventory status daily to cover new orders and over sold product.
- Coordination with Production Manager to efficiently manage machine and labor resources.
- Creates and distributes work orders for the production floor.
- Liaison between Corporate Supply Chain and Manufacturing.
- Coordination with Procurement on raw material issues and CSR s on product availability.
- Participates in Safety meetings and process improvement projects.
- Responsible for SAP MRP Production Scheduling and Inventory control for a medium sized dental adhesives and resins manufacturer. I maintain a one month rolling schedule and making whatever adjustments necessary to reduce backorders with minimal overtime. Daily coordination with Purchasing on expedited items and safety stock adjustment. Monthly 5S internal auditor and Safety Committee participant SAP BOM maintenance.
- Consistent in keeping WIP and finished goods turns within company guidelines.
- Participated in several Lean Manufacturing Kaizen events to reduce expenditures and increase productivity.
- Solid inventory management ethics to insure the SAP system is as accurate as possible.
- Significant time budgeted each day to assess issues on the production floor so schedule changes can be communicated efficiently if needed.
- Utilizing PDCA standards to keep finished good and WIP inventory turns within company guidelines.
Confidential, University Park, IL
- Responsible for raw material, MRO and supply purchases. Supplier evaluator. Logistics planning and tankwagon carrier routing. Safety committee participant. Monthly cycle count administration and reconciliation.
- Introduced a new drum supplier to the organization that provided drums of better quality and eliminated a serious drum leakage issue.
- Solid inventory management techniques reduced monthly cycle counting variances
- Implemented an "ABC" method of cycle counting to reduce labor required for the monthly inventories while maintaining accuracy.
Confidential, Calumet City, IL
- SAP Implementation power user trained to implement the SAP system and train employees on the day to day entries in the system.
- Good relationship with union rank and file..
- Kept a good pulse on how things were going on the production floor in the event changes needed to me made to the production schedules.
- Supplier evaluator and negotiator.
- I was responsible for reporting and tracking suppliers' performances in a vendor management database and compiling my reports to Corporate Purchasing at the end of each fiscal year as power of negotiation and new supplier recommendation.