Strategic, analytical, data-centric human resources leader with experience delivering positive results in all aspects of human resources, to include compensation planning and analysis, job evaluation and salary structures, executive compensation, benefits planning and administration, health care reform, compliance, talent acquisition, 401 k , and strategic HR planning. Proven track record of creative and strategic thinking, problem-solving, initiating change, and achieving results in both Fortune 500 companies, as well as smaller business markets.
- Compensation: Base pay, short- long-term incentive plans, job evaluations/analysis, market pricing, salary structures, reward recognition, FLSA, salary surveys, compensation analysis, job descriptions.
- Benefits: Claims analysis, communications, online open enrollment, RFPs, cost savings, leave of absence, FMLA, ADA, COBRA, call center management, wellness leader, health welfare benefits, audits, 5500s, SARs, renewals, negotiations, ben admin, STD/LTD, state disability plans.
- HRIS/Special Projects: PeopleSoft, Sharepoint, online benefits enrollment, paperless department, employee self-service, FMLA training and e-learning, wellness committee chair, Comp/Benefits Statement development, employee opinion survey.
- Human Resources: Workers compensation, unemployment, new hire orientation compliance, drug testing, EEO-1 reports, OSHA, employment laws, state-specific laws and regulations, recruiting, interviewing, on-boarding, training, performance management, verifications of employment, writing corporate policies, communications, labor laws, etc .
- Problem-solving skills that have led to cost savings for the company.
- Customer service oriented with strong interpersonal skills able to interface with all levels of management.
- Proficient at multi-tasking and working under high pressure situations with tight deadlines.
Human Resources Director
- Senior HR leadership presence in family-owned company.
- Wrote and communicated new corporate policies.
- Brought company into compliance with EEO-1, FMLA, ADA, employment law posters, NY state disability, etc.
- Performed benefit vendor billing audits and saved several thousand dollars.
- Redesigned entire new hire packet and on-boarding process.
- Created list of job titles for all positions where there were none. Developing job descriptions for all positions.
- OSHA compliance for all 50 locations.
- Upgrade to web-based ADP payroll system.
- PPACA compliance i.e., Notice of Coverage Options, Exchange Notice, benefits waiting period, etc. .
- 401 k management, compliance, and communication.
- Management/supervisor training.
- Shared HR forms on company Intranet.
Corporate Benefits Director
- Knowledgeable and analytical benefits leader, providing exceptional customer service for a company of 20k in 1000 school locations.
- Moved Benefits Department from Chicago, Il to Novi, MI in under 3 months. Hired new staff, trained and initiated knowledge transfer from former staff to new Benefits team in MI.
- Implemented a daily process to track and analyze self-insured medical claims and report spikes/anomalies to senior management.
- Responsible for all benefits compliance-related deadlines and deliverables.
- Benefits communication and training, corporate-wide.
- Perform annual benefits analysis for renewals and negotiate benefit plan design changes and pricing.
- Orchestrate open enrollment activities annually and online employee enrollment.
Hospital / Healthcare Services Provider
- Strong corporate leader for a team of 6 professionals, serving roughly 3,500 employees in 3 locations, union and non-union.
- Strategically drove change in compensation management by implementing market pricing, job descriptions, job analysis, and salary structure creation and administration.
- Streamline job evaluation process and instructed management how to write proper and compliant job descriptions.
- Effectively negotiated annual renewals with health welfare vendors to save money for employees and the company alike.
- Successful execution of annual open enrollment process and conversion to online benefits enrollment.
- Created highly successful wellness committee and improved overall employee health and well-being.
- Cultivate strong business relationships with vendors..
- Collaborated with Employment and clinical Departments to coordinate market-driven salary structures, in order to recruit and retain top talent.
- Completed RFP's Request for Proposal for medical vendors.
- Administered company-wide employee Compensation and Benefits Statements total rewards .
- Conducted annual health and wellness fairs and activities.
- Performed compensation and benefits analysis work for two other business entities ambulance company and senior citizen community .
- Maintained compensation database by participation in salary surveys.
Senior Compensation Analyst
As a hands-on Senior Analyst, developed comprehensive compensation program in the absence of previous programs. Responsible for global compensation planning, development, analysis, and administration. Compensation subject-matter expert for worldwide automotive division. Created, developed, and implemented new corporate-wide Performance Management Process, which tied in performance with annual merit and incentive payouts. Long-term and short-term incentives. Merit planning design and administration. Executive compensation design, implementation, and administration. HR metrics and analytics PeopleSoft . Survey participation and job analysis.
Human Resources Generalist
Compensation process administration, merit planning, career-pathing and succession planning. Employee and labor relations. Data analysis and reporting. Union contract and arbitration preparation, wage benefit reviews and analysis. New employee orientation. Recruiting, sourcing, interviewing, pre-employment testing drug testing. Benefits administration, open enrollments, benefit conversions, disability, workers compensation. HRIS administration and reporting PeopleSoft . Compliance, Affirmative Action Plans, EEOC, FLSA, FLMA, etc.