To become a key member of an organization where my technical background and experience can be applied to successfully achieve business objectives.
- Nine years IT experience in a large enterprise environment
- In depth knowledge of Windows OS, Antivirus, Microsoft Office Suite, Active Directory, VPN, Symantec Endpoint Management, AS400/ICOMS in addition to numerous other applications and software tools as well as intermediate knowledge of Apple's Mac OS X.
- Experience with call-tracking systems BMC Remedy, Symantec ServiceDesk Altiris Helpdesk ensuring timely data entry of trouble call information and generation of knowledge base
- VPN, antivirus and spam/spyware blocking technologies
- Excellent problem-solving, process development and technical writing skills
- Ability to diagnose problems through direct contact, phone support, IM or email correspondence
- Excellent Soft Skills enhancing customer relations, interaction with peers, supplier management
- Ability to multitask and manage workload effectively
- Provide rotational on-call support
- Experience with Hardware and Software installation, configuration and troubleshooting
- Experience in deploying and supporting desktops, laptops, VDIs, handhelds and wireless devices
- Support of various local, network and wireless based printing technologies
- Knowledge of data network cabling and troubleshooting
- Department management and training experience
- Capital asset evaluation, acquisition and installation
Desktop Services Analyst
Provide a high level of customer service while supporting end users. Support includes, but is not limited to, laptops, desktops, VDIs, handhelds, video conference systems and IP phone devices. Deploy OS, applications and updates using Symantec Altiris DS v6.9 and NS7. Identify, research and resolve technical problems. Document, track and monitor the problem to ensure a timely resolution. Successfully troubleshoot issues both independently and in collaboration with all available resources. Maintain, analyze, troubleshoot and repair computer systems, hardware and computer peripherals. Work with vendors in troubleshooting hardware issues and place warranty service calls. Troubleshoot and support Cisco VPN, SSL VPN network connectivity under Windows XP/7 OS. Maintain configurations of all notebook and desktop computer systems according to TWC established standards. Assist in troubleshooting video conference and telecommunications systems in coordination with corporate technical resources. Document, maintain, upgrade or replace hardware and software systems. Maintain problem and solution history by recording in ServiceDesk. Create interpersonal relationships and effectively communicate with end users as well as with local, regional and corporate support teams. Test fixes to ensure problem has been resolved. Maintain accuracy of hardware/software inventory and asset information in ServiceDesk. Assist and/or manage projects as needed.
Desktop Support Administrator
- Function as internal customer service contact for Charlotte Division IT Department, including headquarters and approximately 15 satellite sites. Respond to user needs concerning hardware deployment, relocation and troubleshooting of desktops, laptops, handheld devices and peripherals as well as software and operating system installation, upgrade and configuration. Install OS, applications and updates using Altiris Deployment Console. Also support VPN and network connectivity via wired and various wireless connections. Interact with users ranging from executives to customer service reps via email, chat, phone, counter or onsite support. Maintain call-tracking system using Altiris Helpdesk to ensure timely data entry of trouble call information and generation of in-house knowledgebase. Perform password resets as needed and user account modifications on all systems as required in accordance with division policies. Provide timely escalation of issues to System Administrators, Engineers and/or IT Management based on established guidelines. Perform departmental reporting functions in regard to system performance and usage reports. Provide on call support on a rotational basis. Service Technician Confidential
- Troubleshoots cable and pay television services in single and multiple family dwellings. Installs drops, grounds, outlets, converters, and other cable devices in homes of subscribers. Thoroughly and effectively explains use of all services to customers. Solves technical problems with customers through effective verbal communications. Performs software installation on personal computers. Installs modem converters, wireless routers and related hardware. Troubleshoots PC problems as needed. Checks computer functions and Internet connections on High Speed Data installations. Performs installation of modems and related cabling for digital phone service. Ensures customer satisfaction. Reviews, completes, and signs customer work order requests and ensures timely documentation.
Performs installation of modems and related cabling for digital phone service. Connects and disconnects cable and pay television services as well as upgrades and downgrades, pre-wiring, and multiple dwelling installations. Installs drops, grounds, outlets, converters, and other cable devices in homes of subscribers. Thoroughly and effectively explains use of all services to customers. Solves technical problems with customers through effective verbal communications. Performs software installation on personal computers. Installs modem converters, wireless routers and related hardware. Troubleshoots PC problems as needed. Checks computer functions and Internet connections on High Speed Data installations.. Ensures customer satisfaction. Reviews, completes, and signs customer work order requests and ensures timely documentation. Handles monetary transactions with customers and submits money and paperwork according to established procedure.
Responsible for site automated application, inspection processes including development of comprehensive operation, PM instructions, training packages, training and qualifying production trainers, developing cost reduction methods and providing technical support. Interface with equipment suppliers and site maintenance, develop tooling and programs, provide equipment evaluation and recommendation, equipment relocation, installation and verification. Researched new technologies and their application to business needs.
Technical Project Manager
Managed Equipment Programming and Model Shop departments, consisting of 20 technical staff, Responsible for quality and delivery of the following: equipment program, part data file generation and management, ECO implementation, tooling design and build services as well as management of any activity outsourced to third party suppliers.
Process Development Engineer
Responsible for production processes including development of operation and PM procedures, training packages, cost reduction methods and tooling. Provided technical support to all site business units in addition to many other sites in North American Region. Responsible for equipment evaluation and recommendation, as well as installation, relocation. Author of operating instructions. Researched new technologies and their application to business needs. Applied PFMEA and project management techniques to improve production processes. Published in corporate equipment capability study, presented findings at technical conferences.