SAN/Storage IT Professional with four years of experience providing top level customer support coupled with outstanding SAN Storage and Management skills. Accomplished Storage Administrator with a proven track record working with HP 3Par, IBM, and NetApp on numerous large-scale projects, completing each on time, under budget and adhering to all strict project requirements. Bright aspirant with broad ranging experience in SAN Storage Administration. Capable of quickly adapting to changing technologies and team up with a SAN Storage implementation team. Flexible committed individual with excellent communication skills and trouble shooting skills aiming to specialize as a SAN/Storage Administration.
Solution Design and planning
- Implemented, installed, configured and supported 15 Petabyte of HP 3PAR storage such as P1000/V800/V400, HP Storeserv 7000 series, T800/400 in a Cisco MDS fabric environment which supports 1700 plus VMware vSphere hosts running RedHat RHEL LINUX instance in a clustered hosting Oracle RAC with SAP based application in a three different datacenter.
- As a Storage SME, supported day-to-day storage administration with all storage related duty such as break-fix, allocations, decomms, capacity forecasting, performance monitoring and reporting
- Managed Cisco SAN switches, performed various tasks like creating VSAN, Zones, Zonesets using GUI and CLI
- Created strategy to provision storage based on performance and cost consideration. Created CPG and storage tiering to give maximum reliability and agility to storage environment.
- Provided assistance to systems administrators to troubleshoot HBA configured driver, firmware on Wintel and Unix based servers. Tuned the HBA configuration file based on the best practices recommended by EMC and HBA vendors.
- Successfully executed 3PAR InForm OS upgrade from 3.1.1 MU1 to 3.1.2 MU2. Consisting of nine HP 3PAR arrays attached to Cisco MDS 9513
- Used Service processor to collect current array performance, error detection, and reporting to support diagnostic and maintenance activities involving InServs.
- Installed and configured 3PAR System Reporter software to manage aggregated performance and capacity usage data for HP 3PAR V series, T series, and P series storage arrays.
- Worked with HP engineers on numerous hardware upgrades such as disk drive enclosure, disk shelf and node upgrades as well as cabling request to ensure all tickets opened for HP are performed sucuessfully.
- Design, deploy and maintain NAS environment using Netapp FAS3270, FAS6210 and EMC Celerra.
- Supported day to day operations with storage team on provisioning, reporting, monitoring, general administration break-fix, 24x7 'on call' rotation, problem tickets, created documentation and provided knowledge transfer to each team member after every project was completed.
- Documented and implemented operational storage best practice processes and procedures related to the HP 3PAR, EMC and HDS storage environment, consistently completing each project milestone in compliance with strict timelines and project requirements.
- Evaluated current storage environments in two datacenters that included HP 3PAR, HP EVA, HP XP's array and VMware sphere Linux and Windows supporting Oracle database and SAP applications.
- Recommended storage perspective configuration and architecture changes to meet the SLA with fabric and storage environment to achieve optimum performance.
- Optimized and supported storage and related components to consistently achieve high performance during various business applications by tuning the storage configuration as necessary.
- Planned, managed and provided assistance to HP Engineer with numerous hardware upgrade projects: disk drive enclosure, disk shelf and node upgrade.
- Migration of data from HP-EVA to HP-3par T400 and T800.
- Preparation and execution of server patching and upgrade on more than 200 servers including HP-UX, AIX, Solaris and Red Hat Linux servers. Servers included AIX HACMP and HP-UX MC/ServiceGuard clusters.
- Worked on Cisco MDS 9513 directors and created aliases, zones, zonesets, and also VSANS in order to provide completely isolated fabric topologies using Cisco CLI and Fabric Manager.
- Troubleshooting issues relating to zoning, path failures, disk failures, or HBA replacement.
- Proactively performed troubleshooting procedures to avoid storage performance issues and to maintain adequate capacity of all storage.
- Full management of SAN environment composed of IBM DS4000, DS5000, IBM XIV, DS8800, Hitachi AMS 2500, EMC VNX, VMAX, Clariion CX3, CX4 storage subsystems and 8 nodes IBM SAN Volume Controller cluster with more than 2 Petabyte of data.
- Configured zones on IBM Brocade and ZONESET on Cisco switches to provide security in storage area network.
- Zoning on IBM Brocade and Cisco Switches
- Directly responsible for day-to-day capacity planning, provisioning and load management while operating in a 24x7 on-call duty rotation as assigned.
- Firmware upgrades activities for DS4K and DS5K Series Storages and Brocade Cisco SAN Switches in IBM.
- Configure Hosts and Host Groups on Storages.
- Connectivity of Storage with SAN Switches
- Knowledge of different SAN and SAN-Storage topologies.
- Creation of Arrays, Logical Volumes LUN and mapping to Hosts Host groups.
- Troubleshooting of IBM SAN using recovery guru and analyzing event logs and ASD Logs.
- Analyzing controller load performance and monitoring the storage performance.
- Having a very good experience in storage provisioning, de-provisionin, and trouble shooting of SVC, DS8000, and NetApp.
- Provided 1st level desktop support services for groups of up to 250 end users on Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista
- Provided support, troubleshooting, component replacement and upgrades.
- Performed clean/upgrade/migration installations of Windows XP operating system
- Replaced and upgraded hardware to as part of troubleshooting and in preparation for operating system upgrades.
- Handled problem recognition, researched, isolated, resolved and followed-up for routine user problems, referring more complex problems to supervisor or technical staff
- Installed personal computers, software, and peripheral equipment
- Install and troubleshoot applications and drivers and applications
- Troubleshoot network connectivity and provided support for remote/home-office based users
- Participate in mass-migrations of user desktops and laptops from Windows XP and Windows Vista to Windows NT
HP 3PAR V400/V800, T400/T800, P10000, IBM 3000, DS4000, DS5000, DS8000, V7000 6.x IBM XIV, and IBM SVC: Hitachi AMS 2500, EMC VNX 7500/5700/5300, NetApp FAS 2040, 3220.
SVC GUI/CLI, XIV GUI/XCLI, SMC, Device Manager, Fabric Manager, NetApp OnCommand System Manager 3.x, NetApp Auto Support Tool, Navisphere Manager, Unisphere Manager, SYMCLI 6.x/7.x, Hitachi Command Suite 7.x
Flash Copy, Volume Copy, Snapshots, SnapView Snapshot, SnapView Clone, MirrorView, BCV
Soft zoning WWN zoning , hard zoning port zoning , Fibre Channel SAN Topologies, Inter-switch Links ISL , Brocade Fabric Manager, Brocade CLI, Cisco CLI, Fabric/Device Manager
Windows XP/7, IBM AIX 5.1/5.2/5.3/6.1/7.1, HPUX 11.x, SunSolaris 8/9/10, Redhat Linux RHEL ES4/ES5/ES6, ESX 3.5, 4.x 5.0, HP 11.x, VMware Vsphere, Inform OS