Explore opportunities to apply extensive experience in Information Technology/Cyber Security in a challenging career environment where strong communication, troubleshooting, and performance optimization skills can be effectively utilized. I am a committed professional, who is highly organized, adjusts well to all types of environments, and learns new procedures quickly.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Approximately thirty two years of experience analyzing and solving complex hardware and software problems including servicing, troubleshooting, testing, and maintaining mid-range computers, including four years supporting Novell networks, five supporting NT 4.0 networks, three years Win 2K 13 years servicing IBM-compatible computers, printers, controllers, terminals, and a variety of Personal Computers.
- Extensive Experience and a thorough knowledge of distributed computing hardware and software components.
- Ten years associated with Cyber Security/Information Assurance IA activities. Experience evaluating DOD and US Federal Government activities classified and unclassified networks to determine compliance with appropriate IA controls and prepare detailed security certification and accreditation documentation in accordance with DIACAP and NIST methodologies.
- Cyber Security experience encompasses the entire spectrum of security policy, documentation, risk assessments, networks, systems security, vulnerability assessment and security compliance evaluations
- Experience with NIST and FISMA guidelines to plan and implement the Risk Management Framework Security Authorization Process for Federal Enterprise Systems
- Demonstrated effective working relationships with customers
- Customer-focused, service-oriented, seasoned IT professional
- Excellent skills in teamwork, time management, communication, analysis and problem solving
- Highly effective analytical and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented and self-motivated
- Demonstrated high level of skills in the Information Assurance compliance aspects of information security management
- Experience with developing DIACAP packages based on the analysis of 8500.2 IA Security Controls
DETAILED PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
- Provide Information Assurance IA support to the IA Manager in maintaining the customer's IA program and the IA accreditation status of six test and development Zone A-D networking enclaves, closed test networks, and operational networking environments connecting to public Internet , unclassified NIPRNet , classified SIPRNet/JWICS or classified Coalition transport WANs.
- Work as a member of a 4-person IA Team in applying the DoD IA Certification and Accreditation Process DIACAP in validating and certifying systems, applications and networks and preparing DIACAP accreditation packages for formal approval.
- Provide IA Subject Matter Expertise SME support to assessment teams involved in assessing/testing Command and Control C2 interoperability of and between DoD and Coalition COTS and GOTS applications, systems, systems of systems and Service Oriented Architecture SOA applications to ascertain the security and IA accreditation readiness of assessed systems and architectures.
- Evaluate system and network device configurations for compliance with DoDI 8500.2 IA Controls to ascertain the accreditation readiness of commercial COTS and Government GOTS systems, applications, and architectures including SOA environments .
- Participate as a system security/Information Assurance SME in support of functional interoperability assessment teams and engineering design teams to identify and assess computer/network security and made recommendations concerning overall security accreditation readiness and compliance with Information Assurance guidance and best practices.
- Perform security compliance evaluations of US Army enclave Network Enterprise Centers NEC . Generate certification recommendations to the US Army Certifying Authority CA based on the analysis of the 8 subject areas of the DoDI 8500.2 security controls, Army AR-25-2 and Installation Campus Area Network ICAN Best Business Practices BBP for DOD activities as an Agent for the Certifying Authority ACA .
- Conduct security assessments of Army NEC's overall security posture of Information Assurance vulnerabilities and residual risks.
- Analyze Technical, management and operational security posture of activities by conducting security compliance evaluations of documentation artifacts, DISA Gold Disk, Retina and SCAP vulnerability scan results, infrastructure device configurations and manual checks using DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides STIG and Security Readiness Review SRR checklists. Use the DISA STIG viewer to view Retina scan results checklist files and STIGS
- Perform network security analysis and risk management for designated unclassified and classified networks.
- Prepare detailed security certification and accreditation documentation in accordance with DIACAP, NIAP and FISMA NIST methodologies advising supported activities on IA requirements and processes.
- Complete compliance validation results in the DIACAP package scorecard of DOD activities for the CA to review. The results documented in the DIACAP package is the basis for the Designating Approving Authority DAA to determine if an Authority to Operate ATO for the activity will be granted.
Cyber Security Analyst II
- Conduct preparation for the DISA Command Cyber Readiness Inspection CCRI at DLA headquarters by gathering and organizing artifacts to related DIACAP security control
- Conduct DISA Gold Disk scans of supported operating systems base image and validating security compliance
- Provide DIACAP Security guidance and document review for 16 DoD Projects
- Develop DIACAP documentation including System Security Plan SSP , Scorecard, DIACAP Implementation Plan DIP , System Identification Profile SIP and Plan of Action and Milestones POA M for DoD projects
- Update DOD Project DIACAP Package including SSP and enclave system owner appointment Letter
- Support SRA Corporate and IT Security with the development of cyber security policies and procedures
- Conduct security assessment of the SRA Network as part of the Security Assessment and Authorization SA A process. Update the SRA SSP security control status resulting from the security assessment in accordance with NIST moderate impact SP 800-53 rev 3
- Conduct IA program/system security status assessments, security compliance and documentation support
Information Technology Specialis
- Support the computer network at the Navy Submarine Torpedo Facility at Naval Weapons Station Yorktown, VA
- Responsibilities included network Administration, end user desktop support in a Windows NT and 2000 environment. Maintain MS Exchange 5.5 email server, MS Windows NT 4.0 BDC, NT and Win 2K file and print member servers
- Maintain tape backup system using VERITAS Back up Executive and restore data when necessary
- Support the Automated Process Control System APCS application on the NMCI network. This system will contain all Torpedo maintenance instructions and activities when the migration from the current book based system is completed
- Support security measures as the command Information Assurance Manager IAM maintaining compliance with DOD by responding to Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts IAVA and implementing applicable security controls. Conduct systems security risk assessment and maintain certification documentation in response to Security Test and Evaluation ST E
- Used patch management software to push critical updates remotely to all workstations and servers for IAVA compliance
- Develop and maintained Vulnerability Management Plans to include IAVA, Bulletins, and Technical Advisories
- Report IAVA compliance of all servers and workstations to the Online Compliance Reporting System OCRS web site
- Set up a LRA compliant workstation and learned the process for issuing PKI certificates to the command. Trained our Admin secretary on how to be an LRA and myself as a trusted agent for requesting PKI certificates to all users
- Apply experience with DOD and Joint Staff directives/guidance that apply to the assessment/access of customers to the NIPRNet. e.g., CJCSI 6211.02B, DODI 8500.1 and .2
- Generate Certification Recommendations to the Command Certifying Authority based on the analysis of 8 subject areas of 8500.2 IA Controls , using Gold Disk scans, Retina scans, DIACAP Scorecard, and DIACAP package
- Manage DIACAP Certification and Accreditation for the Command
- POC for the NMCI initiative, providing network infrastructure hardware and software information. Prepared the Command to cutover to the NMCI network
- Provide Application Support, instruction and maintenance for mission critical SQL based application HTTDS system
- Perform hardware and software upgrades on Servers, Network equipment and PCs
- Maintain command server and software status in the DON Application Database Management System DADMS
- Maintain Interim Authorization to Operate documentation for the Command
- Provide hardware and software support for local and remote users in a Windows NT environment. Set up new users in MS Exchange and Windows NT, also managed users in the Gallagher financial software
- Used Ghost image software to reload computers. Troubleshoot hardware and software problems including thin clients using Win terms to connect to a terminal server and laptops using a VPN or dial up networking.
Provide helpdesk LAN/WAN and desktop support for end users for there PC applications, network, and mainframe connectivity. Use tools such as Norton Ghost to re-image PCs, remote control, and policy editor to unlock the registry
Help with software rollouts such as Lotus Notes and Metaframe for non-network attached PCs using dial-ups. Setup Cisco 7000 series switches by putting in the blades and modules then installing in a rack for Ethernet migration from Token Ring
- Setup special use PCs and laptops for support personnel
- Used tools for network management such as Novell NetWare Admin for the Novell 4.11 network
- Assisted in project definition documentation of procedures for on-going maintenance of servers remote access
- Provide third level support for the Help Desk and PC Lab guaranteeing optimum uptime for a variety of PC and Mainframe devices
- Support a variety of customers network and application needs from hardware to software in Novell NetWare 4.11 and NT 4.0 environments
- Support Farmland Industries using NW Admin to conduct network administration such as setting up users, managing security groups and printer Queues
- Provided system administration on NT 4.0 networks such as setting up users and permissions to directories using groups
- Interfaced directly with the executive staff and management with their requests and needs
- Provided solutions for network and software compatibility issues and software rollouts. Troubleshot a variety of desktop application problems such as MS office products Novell GroupWise and Unisys Mapper and mainframe connectivity. Setup users to connect to the mainframe by IP address
- Facilitated and coordinated software development teams to ensure timely and secure development
Systems Administrator assigned
- Providing Desktop and network support.
- Setup and customize software on new and old computers
- Install NetWare or Microsoft network client software and edit the autoexec.bat and config.sys files for network access
- Support software such as MS Office, Win 3.1, Win 95, Attachmate Nwlanpro for mainframe access, AutoCAD 13
- Troubleshoot a variety of user problems such as network logon, network printer problems, application software, compatibility problems in a TCNSW, ARCNET, or Ethernet NetWare 3.12 network environments
- Support all P.C. hardware and software including upgrades on IBM, ALR and Compaq computers
- Document service call requests, problem log, and location with serial numbers in access an database
- Order new equipment and recommend vendors with the best price
- Conduct network administration duties using Novell NetWare utilities such as Syscon to manage users and groups
- Provide first and second level LAN/WAN network and p.c. support for the main office as well as 56 branch offices
- Install, customize, and test all software on new computers before deploying. Setup Novell network client software and edit the autoexec.bat and config.sys files for network access. Setup hubs and patch new computers into the network.
- Support software such as Microsoft Office, Win 3.1, Win 95 and extra Attachmate software for mainframe access
- Upgrade memory and hard disk drives on Dell, Compaq, and Gateway computers, re-load all software and setup network access client software
- Troubleshoot network logon, printer, and p.c. hardware problems. Provide technical support for IBM 3270 bank teller equipment. Replace terminals when necessary