OBJECTIVE: To obtain a job with a high learning curve in which I can increase my knowledge while in turn becoming an asset to the Organization
- Worked in the First Niagara Bank customer call center during a conversion with HSBC.
- Performed all call center duties such as rolling over CD's, documenting and filing user
- Complaints when fraudulent activities were used on Credit/debit cards checking
- Locations and establishments card had been used at before submitting a claim to the
- Bank Investigative Unit.
- Giving out Accounts balances to customers and transferring funds from different accounts. Ordering and activating Debit cards for customers. Taking information for Auto and Mortgage loans and forwarding to the appropriate office. Work-ing with users to reach an amiable agreement on over draft fees. Put in requests for customers to keep credit cards active when traveling out of a certain geographic area.
- NYS Division of Parole Albany NY Information Technology Specialist 2
- 145 Central Avenue Albany, NY 03/13/2008 7/2011 retired from State Service
- Deployment, imaging, encryption, and support of remote access laptops
- Blackberry support via BES.
- Thin Client user support remotely via Alteris in a Citrix environment for Thin Client users and with Hyena for user running desktop machines.
- Involved in the network rollout for all Parole Offices located in NYS Correctional facilities around NYS, this included many overnight trips.
- Imaging and inventory of all Thin Clients and PC's.
- Telephone support for all NYS Parole employees via a Verizon Web Based Call Center.
- Trouble shooting of Network printers.
- Support and trouble shooting of all components of the MS office suite for all Parole end users.
- Setting up of users network and mainframe accounts with Active Directory and Bluezone.
- Responsible for the escalation and follow up of tickets to other groups when necessary or did not have the proper permissions to complete the task.
- Responsible for the updating of PC's with WSUS
- Involved in the NYS Division of Parole Office of Information Technology Project Management
- Team. Project Manager of the NYS Division Of Parole E-Discovery Team.
- Responsible for assisting the Parole Sex Offenders Management unit with computer forensics
- Lotus Notes Mail support for all Parole employees including kicking users off of disconnected sessions through Terminal services
- Training for Numara Footprints
- Microsoft Outlook training provided at New Horizons
- Attended Customer support class provided by the Staff Development unit of NYS Parole.
- Attended FISH customer support training
Work at the NYS Dept. of Corrections Helpdesk, duties include but are not limited to the changing and resetting of user's network and mainframe passwords in a Citrix environment. Monitoring of the network status of 70 Correctional and Central Office satellites and doing level one support when said facilities have devices down which would include having someone go to switch room and check to see if device s have power running to them if the device is a switch or router and in the case of a router waiting to see if the facility goes into Dial Backup, or IMLing if the device is on a controller and then creating an escalation ticket or calling the appropriate group or person. Checking devices for network connectivity when users call with problems getting onto the network, the imaging and setting up of new network devices or the moving of current devices mostly Thin Clients and working with the Datacom group to make sure the correct port is opened and set at the correct speed depending on if the device is a workstation or a Thin client. Mapping user's that are still using windows 98 devices to their network drives because these devices constantly losing drive mappings. The adding and deleting of printers to a user's network ID and device through the use of a program called Net Admin, and the adding of different system prints mainframe to a user's terminal. Working with different user's over the phone and on site when they are having problems with different software applications. Escalation of trouble tickets to various Level 2 support groups. Familiarity in an Automatic Call Distribution Center which is utilized at the DOC's Help Desk. Creating entries and the upkeep of the DOC's WIKI. Involved in the rollout for NYS dept. of Correctional Services from Lotus Notes mail to a Windows Exchange Server environment
Responsible for the sorting of and delivering of mail to various offices for NYS Dept. of Corrections Main Office, the logging in of priority packages, keeping paper products available for copy machines throughout the building, sending out and tracking of packages via UPS on the Computer using ASCENT mailing program, using Pitney Bowes postage machine for sending out US Mail, the opening of sensitive mail and directing of it to the right office, interviewing job applicants and the training of new employees, running packages thru x-ray machine to check for possibly dangerous materials, and providing input towards employee evaluations.
- Tasks included the sorting of and delivering of mail to various offices for NYS Dept. of Corrections Main Office, the logging in of priority packages, keeping paper products available to copy machines throughout the building, sending out and tracking of packages via UPS on the Computer using ASCENT program, using Pitney Bowes postage machine for sending out US Mail, packaging and the sending out of reports received from MIS, which include monthly inmate state- ments and monthly facility telephone statements.
- While working for NYS D.O.C.S. have received numerous certificates for exemplary attendance.
Duties included the supervision of large crews of janitors, completion of time cards and time sheets for each employee, completion of work orders for building repairs, employee evaluations, and the scheduling of employee vacations, making out daily work assignments and inspecting employees while doing assignments to make sure they were being completed in a timely manner and after to make sure they had been completed to a satisfactory standard.
- Responsible for the cleaning of large State office buildings. Duties included floor maintenance, which included the stripping and waxing of floors, cleaning of offices, trash removal, cleaning and stocking of restrooms with paper products, setting up and breaking down of large meeting halls and convention centers, and taking care of supply inventory.
- Hobbies include Basketball and Baseball, reading, writing small computer programs using C , playing chess, and spending time with my family.