- I am an experienced IT professional with 12 years working with t-SQL and SQL Server. I have written hundreds of stored procedures which implemented complex business rules. I am very adept at writing, tuning and debugging stored procedures, functions etc..
- I have utilized DTS, SSIS to write scripts for ETL. I have used SSRS and Crystal to generate reports. I also have EDI experience and a great deal of VB6 skillls. I learn new technologies quickly and am quick to come up to speed on legacy software.
- Application Programming: Visual Basic 6, VBScript, VBA, Progress, some VB.net
- Database Programming: T-SQL, ETL, DTS, SSIS, SSRS, SQL Server 2000 / 2005, Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers, Access Jet , XML
- Operating Systems: Windows, DOS, some UNIX AIX, HPUX
- ERP Systems: familiarity with QAD MfgPro, BPCS, Symix SyteCentre, e-SPS and as a power user in ERP systems in general
Application Software: Gentran Excel, Total-EDI, Microsoft Office, SPC / SQC packages, Outlook, MS Project
Sourcing Systems Specialist
- Researched complex database schema to retrieve data, then wrote SQL Scripts to generate reports for Senior Management. Reports were presented in Excel.
- Administered ERP systems, e-SPS and PDM, including managing user accounts, system security and troubleshooting issues.
- Analyzed key areas of the database for data integrity.
Decided to leave Arizona to relocate closer to my home town in Pennsylvania April 2012 . During this time I worked on several IT projects, mostly SQL server T-SQL stored procedures and reports using Access and SSRS. I also performed ETL to gather data from server different formats SQL Server, XML, flat files, Excel etc to populate the systems databases.
- Researched current 4010 documents to identify and verify adherence to that standard.
- Identified qualifiers and segments to determine if they could migrated directly to the next version.
- Converted EDI documents 837 from the 4010 standard to the 5010 standard, which is mandated to be complete by 01/01/12.
- note: During these period from April - June, traveled back and forth between Phoenix and Pennsylvania because of a death in my family and dealing with disposal of the estate. I just wanted to mention it because of the large amount of time between my last position and the HMA Job
- Through daily contact, implemented government external and business internal SSRS reports as needed for government reporting
- Worked with the business to determine information needs, then created reports from SQL Server and DB2 databases to best satisfy those needs
- Created numerous ad-hoc queries to aggregate and analyze data for management. Queries would be sent to the Customer in SSRS reports, XML, Excel, XML or flat files.
- Utilized SSIS, T-SQL and Excel to facilitate ETL
- As the legislative business rules frequently changed, I created numerous queries to aggregate and analyze data to display information in the most effective way possible using SSRS and Crystal reports. Worked closely with the Business Analysts to help them understand what they really wanted
- Created ad hoc for the teams to help explore the data
- Created T-SQL stored procedures and functions to implement business rules using SQL Server 2000, 2005
- Refactored existing stored procedures to increase speed and efficiency
- Used SSIS, DTS, T-SQL and Excel to facilitate ETL
- Assisted DBA's in implementing effective indexing and 3NF to speed up processing
- Maintained and enhanced the department's numerous major information systems using Visual Basic 6, COM , MTS, MSMQ, XML, X-PATH very limited exposure to C and ASP doing bug fixes and enhancements .
Database Developer Consultant
- As a member of a database design team, assisted in designing and creating a new datawarehouse.
- Created T-SQL stored procedures and UDF's to implement business logic
- Used DTS for ETL to load new database to and from several disparate data sources
Senior Software Developer Consultant
- Wrote T-SQL stored procedures, DTS packages, SSIS packaged to perform ETL from AS/400-based Infinium to SQL Server based Softrax financial package
- Assisted team in redesigning database for an ancillary scheduling system
Senior Software Engineer Consultant
- Managed, maintained and enhanced web site.
- Performed DBA duties backups, monitoring the server's health with small SQL Server 2000 database
EDI Developer Consultant
Worked closely with customers and suppliers implement new ANSI X.12 EDI 4010 transactions input and output for external client's ERP system, using VB 6.0 and SQL Server stored procedures for ETL