INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY DIRECTOR / MANAGER
Dynamic, results-oriented IT professional with more than 15 years of experience improving corporate performance through skillful development, implementation, and management of technical products/platforms governing all aspects of multi-dimensional organizations. Proven record of large-scale project management, overseeing all aspects of the lifecycle from conceptualization through implementation to ongoing support. Unique understanding of business and technology integration that builds cooperation between technical and non-technical stakeholders to gain buy-in for new technologies that improve efficiency, performance, and productivity while decreasing costs. Hands-on leader who builds talented teams focused on the continuous delivery of top quality products/services and inspires employees company-wide to consistently exceed expectations.
Strategic IT / Business Planning Change Management Continuous Process/Program Improvement
Large-Scale Project Management Software Development Lifecycle System Architecture Design
Deployments Upgrades Quality Control Statistical Analysis Technical Support P L Budgeting
Cross-Departmental Teams Employee Recruiting Board-Level Presentations Resource Management
At peak, one of the largest independent plywood producers in the South, with annual revenue of 190 million and employing 1,200 people. Additional products include softwood/hardwood lumber, hardwood chips, distribution of industrial supplies, and hydraulic assemblies and service.
Information Technology Manager
- Senior IT executive and business partner to executive management through periods of rapid expansion and contraction to ensure achievement of corporate goals while actively controlling costs. Develop strategies, processes, and programs governing IT, telecom, and data services for the corporate offices, manufacturing facilities as well as industrial supplies sales/distribution in 4 states. Supervise as many as 6 direct reports, providing direction and hands-on support in all areas affected by IT, from implementing plant floor control systems to high-level data analysis to board-level proposals/counseling. Plan and manage 1.2 million annual budget, aggressively negotiating contracts for software, services, consulting, and maintenance agreements.
- Managed J. D. Edwards World SDLC from the A5.2 implementation to the current release A9.311 over a period of 20 years. System includes GL, AR, AP, Fixed Assets, Payroll, Vertex Payroll Tax, HR, EDI, Inventory, Sales, Purchasing, Vertex Sales Tax, WorldWriter, FASTR, and STAR.
- Developed custom J. D. Edwards based applications for: Raw Material Procurement, Production Scheduling, Quality Control, Sales Analysis, Workforce Analytics, and Departmental Time/Attendance reporting.
- Extensive experience with utilizing the J. D. Edwards World Software system in a make to order manufacturing environment. Have in-depth experience integrating World Software with other vendor's software systems.
- Lowered raw material handling costs for manufacturing sites 20 by collecting and analyzing statistical data, proposing a new system, and overseeing project implementation.
Senior Systems Analyst
Recruited to plan, implement, and manage a 2.1 million ERP project for the company and all its subsidiaries. Managed entire project lifecycle, holding full authority for all internal and external resources as well as achieving all financial and installation milestones. Upon successful completion of phase 1, was chosen to complete the entire project as well as provide post-installation support, a later ERP upgrade, and ongoing maintenance lifecycle.
Completed initial 12-month ERP project on time and under budget, supervising 25-member project team, installing 10 software modules, overseeing 8 consultants, and ensuring accuracy in 500 custom programs.
- Implemented production line control system change that increased product change over speed by 95 and reduced production waste by 90 .
- Created production scheduling system that maximized asset utilization and saved 20 employee hours weekly.
- Reduced product defects 7 by developing a production monitoring system that alerted operators to problems in process and utilization based on historical trending , resulting in process control improvements.
- Championed and implemented a maintenance management system that organized MRO supplies, tracked downtown, managed maintenance requests, and supported predictive preventative maintenance.
- Slashed manual labor 50 by implementing a new system for processing UB82s.
- Developed applications for accounting, admissions, administration, medical records, pharmacy, and laboratory.
- Initiated an online system to query the 90,000 open AR accounts, significantly saving employee labor by eliminating need to print and manually search 1,000-page reports.
SELECTED TECHNICAL SKILLS
Systems: Windows Server 2012 Hyper V Windows Server 2008 R2 Windows Server 2003 update server services Windows XP, Vista, 7 Linux IBM i Exchange 2010 Group Policy Active Directory SharePoint
Applications: J. D. Edwards World Software ERP, OS/400 V7R1, Sophos Endpoint Security, ClamAV, McAfee SmartFilter, Premenos EDI, MS Office, AutoCAD, Apache, Postfix, NTP, Attendance Enterprise
Networking: Cisco routers/IOS, TCP/IP, FTP, VPN, IPX, NetBIOS, routing, bridging, hubs/switches, email systems, firewalls, SPAM filters, proxy servers, wireless remote access
Development: Windows Powershell PowerBuilder Visual C SQL Shell Scripts RSlogix 5, 500, 5000 RPG IV ILE HTML PERL RM COBOL Visual Basic Allen Bradley PLC Ladder Logic Factory Talk View ME
Databases: DB2, MS SQL Server, MySQL, Sybase SQL Anywhere, Dbase