Twenty-four years of experience installing, configuring, and maintaining large, heterogeneous UNIX/Linux environments, with strong application integration skills. Performed integration of Windchill/PLM PTC , PeopleSoft, ControlM, AutoSys, Directory Server LDAP , Legato's NetWorker , Veritas's NetBackup, SAP, Oracle, Informix and Sybase. Developed and implemented data sharing process used by the SAP and Windchill teams. Designed and implemented SAN / TAN data storage / backup environments using EMC, HP, Hitachi, Isilon and RAID hardware that addressed current needs and future growth. Assisted with 6 data centers moves.
- Maintain 55 HPUX and Linux servers rp-class bl860's Development and Production environments.
- Managed the migration of all application data from their EVA environment to Hitachi arrays.
- Assisted application team with multiple Windchill/PLM upgrades. Provided and implemented system configuration recommendations to optimized Windchill/PLM performance.
- Managed SAN storage for the site, comprised of EMC, HP and Hitachi storage arrays.
- Provided shell scripting design, implementation and support for Windchill/PLM Interface jobs.
- Designed/Implemented the clone process used by the Windchill/PLM team for replication of their environment to Test/QA servers which allowed for fast regression testing and trouble-shooting.
- Troubleshot in-house FTP/SFTP/SCP transfer scripts designed to transfer data to various financial institutions. debugged pgp configuration issues, enhanced existing transfer scripts, designed / built new data transfer packages.
- Performed HP-UX upgrades: 11.11 -> 11.31 on several Dev/Prod environments. Oracle / SAP/Windchill
- Assist with the design and creating of SAN environment for aRENA project.
- Installed and configured HP-UX 'container' software and migrated several HP-UX 11.11 environments to container systems.
- Worked on a two man team to review existing data center configuration, plan upcoming data center move and assist with the execution of the data center.
- Manage NetBackup environment. Upgraded NetBackup from V6.0 to V7.0. Reduced backup complexity and setup data archive process.
- Managed SAN environment. EMC Celerra/Clariion, Isilon and RAID Inc arrays . Migrated Production data from older EMC hardware to new Isilon/RAID Inc arrays using GPFS software.
- Assisted with the day to day operations of Linux environment. 45 systems running RedHat 5.x and CentOS 6.3
- Maintained 60 HPUX 11.0, 11.11, 11.23, 11.31 servers N-class rx8640 Development and Production environments. Assist with AIX and Linux production support.
- Assisted with DataCenter Migration project. datacenter move from Lewiston, ME to Toronto, Canada
- Assisted with consolidation of Commerce Bank and TD Bank US.
- Assisted application team with solving production support issues.
- Trouble-shot in-house security scripts Perl , Bourne and Korn shell . Worked with Security team to harden AIX and SUN UNIX servers.
- Upgraded AIX AIX 5.2 -> AIX 5.3 and Sun 5.8 5.10 Servers.
- Upgraded Sun hardware running Sun One Directory Server 5.2 LDAP . Verified that migration of LDAP instances completed successfully.
- Setup and implemented a JumpStart and Netbackup Server.
- Performed a security audit SOX compliant on HP-UX and Solaris environments.
- Designed and implemented database refresh flows using BMC's ControlM scheduling product, EMC software and scripting languages for Oracle / Informix databases.
- Managed EMC arrays 3430, 3830,3930,8730,8830,DMX800,DMX3000 and used EMC TimeFinder, EMC WorkLoad Analyzer, ECS, SDDR and SRDF. SAN environment included Brocade and Connectrix switches.
- Researched Disaster Recovery DR vendors and developed a DR plan. Assisted with the design and implementation of a DR process. Attended eight off-site Philadelphia DR tests at SunGuard.