PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Knowledge of GIS and Computer Skills
- Expertise in GIS analysis, Mapping, and spatial analysis using ArcGIS, ArcSDE, ArcGIS Server, Acrview, ArcObjects, and MapObjects.
- Proficiency in software development using object-oriented programming, C/C /C , Visual Studio, Visual Basic 6/.NET, Java, Python, Fortran, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, Java Script, HTML, XML.
- Advanced skills in database design and SQL with Oracle, SQL Server and MS Access
- Professional in Microsoft Office, TecPlot, Surfer, Grapher, Photoshop, AutoCAD, and etc.
- Hands-on experience in engineering software: Minitab, SAS, EPANET, MODFLOW, MT3MS, GMS, PEST, SWMM, HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, and etc.
Development of Software
- Coastal Inundation Assessment CIA . It was developed in ArcGIS platform using Visual Basic Application VBA , and is used to assess coastal inundated areas by sea-level rise caused by global warming.
- Optimal groundwater remediation system. It was developed using Visual C and ArcObjects and is used to design pump-and-treat remediation system to remove contaminants from groundwater under uncertain conditions.
- Watershed modeling for disaster response WMD-R . It was developed in ArcGIS platform using Visual Basic Application VBA .
- Analytical Contaminant Transport System ACTS . It was developed using Visual Basic.NET and Microsoft Access, is used to compute contaminant concentration in air, groundwater and surface water pathways.
- Health risk assessment system RISK . It was developed using Visual C and Microsoft Access, and is used to assess health risk exposure to contaminants and to implement uncertainty analyses.
- Indoor air quality models IAQM . It was developed using Visual Basic .NET and Microsoft Access, and is used to estimate drywall emission rate and contaminant concentration in room and uncertainty analyses.
- Flood control decision support system for hydropower station reservoirs FcDSS . It was developed using Visual C , Visual Basic and ArcObjects, and is used for flood forecast and routing and to provide flood control decision support.
- Database and management system of hydroelectric energy resources. It was developed using Oracle Database, and is used provide a data interface for development of new hydropower stations.
- Optimal compensating regulation and united optimization operation for hydropower stations reservoir system. It was developed using FORTRAN, and is used to compute optimal compensating regulation and operation schedules for hydropower station reservoir systems.
Knowledge in Specialties, Modeling, Numerical Methods and Optimization
- A solid educational background in hydrogeology, water resources, environmental engineering, pipeline and computers.
- Profound knowledge of statistics, optimization, operations research, decision support systems and optimal control theory.
- Advanced skills in modeling and problem-solving, programming, testing, business analysis, and project management.
- In-depth knowledge of numerical methods including finite element, finite different and finite volume methods.
- Proficiency in numerical tools in different fields.
Data Analysis/Manipulation and Writing Reports
- Analysis of geologic and hydrogeological data and calibration of numerical models.
- Hands-on experience in groundwater investigation, hydrogeological evaluation and data collection.
- A strong ability to manage large datasets and analyze and manipulate data with Microsoft Access and Excel, Oracle database, SQL Server, and dBase.
- Excellent technical writing and presentation skills.
EMPLOYMENT AND EXPERIENCE
Senior Research Engineer
I was responsible for modeling, programming, conducting simulations, analyzing results, and writing technical reports and papers, completing the projects in hydrogeology, water resources and environmental engineering, developing application software using GIS and computer languages, and providing technical support and training for Master and Ph.D. students.