- Expert Certified Senior IBM Tivoli Storage Manager TSM Engineer offering vast knowledge on Planning, Implementing, Administering and Troubleshooting multiplatform large scale enterprise backup restore environments.
- IT professional with extensive experience 18 years in Systems Administration, Storage Systems Software, Enterprise Applications SAP , Projects People Management, Disaster Recovery.
- Expertise on deploying backup restore architectures with TSM applying the best practices for configuring, protecting monitoring systems Unix/Linux, Windows , applications SAP, Oracle, DB2, SQL, Exchange, Domino and devices All IBM Tape libraries Disk Storage Systems including Virtual Tape Libraries .
- Experience on Disaster Recovery exercises testing whole systems recoveries bare metal at remote locations involving off site tape management.
- Experience on Supporting TSM Administrators on Critical Situations and providing procedures and scripts for improving daily duties.
- Experience on Service Management tools Service Center, Remedy, Maximo for attending incidents, problems, changes and tasks.
- Experience on Teamworking for complex projects and issues.
- Experience in all TSM backup technologies: Fulls, Incrementals, Differencials, Images, Online Database backups, Online emails backups, NMDP NAS backups, data compression, data deduplication and data replication.
- Experience with Reporting tools TSM Reporting Bocada and making ad hoc SQL queries
- Experience in automation through TSM native scripting, Unix or Windows Scripting and Perl.
- Experience in migrating TSM 5.X to TSM 6.X using any of the available mechanisms
- Good knowledge of All IBM Strorage Systems
- Good knowledge of relevant Unixes and Windows Operating Systems
- Passionate for providing Excellence, enjoy what I do and working with other people, focused on Customer satisfaction.
TSM, Backups Architecture, Disaster Recovery
Unix, Windows, VMWare
Senior Backup and Restore Specialist
- Provide 2nd/3rd level TSM support to all existing accounts
- Provide Assistance on critical situations 24 x 7
- Review Customer Environments for Assessments Improvement Proposals
- Follow Change Management ITIL workflow for tasks and deployments
- Follow Problem Management ITIL workflow for recurrent incidents and root cause analysis
- Perform Capacity Planning activities on Customer Infrastructure when planning new implementations
- Run Customer Audits for Reviewing current environment, Comparing against best practices, Creating submitting recommendations and Applying fixes once they are approved
- Make TSM/OS Scripting for large scale deployments under AIX, Linux and Windows systems for automation and/or massive corrections/changes
- Comply with stated Process Procedures
- Perform New implementations on time and quality as expected
- Make Customer Runbooks/Documentation as a project delivery
- Deliver Projects to daily TSM Administrators
- Function as an Advisor sending out technical notes to TSM ongoing Admins team for automating solving day to day requirements or improving using the best practices
- Perform upgrades from TSM Server 5.X to TSM Server 6.X using any of the available methods: same system/another system/network/media
Senior Tivoli Storage Manager Administrator
- Customer Meetings for pending issues communications
- Customer Changes for backup software installation or upgrades
- Customer Capacity Planning to predict needed resources given an estimated load
- Customer Audits to ensure stated backup policies are current against contracted services
- Customer DRs and preparation for DR tests, including but not limited to offsite tape management
- Customer Runbooks/Documentation to keep updated procedures for recurrent tasks including the Disaster Recovery
- Assist with Hardware changes with the needed preventive tasks and post configurations
- Coordination with other Hardware/Admins/SAN Teams performing tasks requiring collaborative efforts
- Software changes to keep updated the backup software
- Coordination with Admins to follow the shift turnover
- Change Control workflow
- Sponsoring the Changes at the CCB Meetings
- Support to Admin Teams
- SEV1/Sitman Calls for assigned client
- Root Cause Analysis
- Accept and resolve Incident tickets
- Accept tasks daily and coordinate with fellow team members to get Task accomplished
- Daily validation that ALL processing is completed and TSM instances are DR ready
Technical Support Manager
- Technical leadership on IT solutions offerings mainly with IBM Systems, Storage Software.
- Technical leadership on SAP Business One offerings
- Resources management on projects executions.
- Implementing IBM products: xSeries servers Windows based , Tivoli Storage Manager, XIVs Storage Servers formerly named ESS , DS8000 Storage Server formerly named FAST and Tape Libraries like TS3500 and TS3200 formerly named 3584 and 3583 .
- Implementing SAP products: SAP Business One, Processes Reengineering and software personalization to match business rules