CI Advisory and Process Improvement Consultant
- Currently assessing IT function and staff, making recommendations, and developing strategic plan for international, fast growing publisher and 3PL company
- Managed selection of ERP/MRP system for an engineer-to-order, project based manufacturer of 80 ft. long, custom, robotic assembly lines. System came in on time and under budget
- Developed set of SSRS reports for project accounting and tracking product development educational publisher
- Made recommendations t Archipelag learning regarding financial and sales reporting for acquired companies
- Developed website in Joomla for 'over 55' housing developer
- K-12 educational book and software publisher based in financial district of Manhattan. Worked on-site 4 days a week
Chief Information Officer
- IT Department: revamped department--redefined jobs, mentored/trained/replaced staff, rebuilt infrastructure, evaluated and fixed software, and replaced vendors. Made help desk fast and responsive
- Developed first corporate-wide IT budget
- Interim Digital Product Development Manager
- Managed major software selections / implementations: ERP Sage MAS500 , CRM SalesLogix , e-commerce, CMS and workflow K4 , and BI QlikView
- Project Managed rebuilding of IT infrastructure phones, network, DR site, etc. . Virtualized hardware
- Process Improvement--managed outsourcing of distribution
- Explored options and strategies t improve distribution, prepared financial analyses, visited multiple 3PL vendors, and made recommendations t executive committee
- Worked closely with legal department and CF regarding contract. Developed budget for project
- Managed programming of integrations between ERP and WMS
- Point of contact for issue resolution, contract negotiations, and coordinating move
- Result: Smooth transition t 3PL, with vastly improved service and recurring annual savings of 1.4MM
- Digital news magazine serving
- Publisher, editor, writer and managed technology combination email newsletter and Joomla website. Wrote or co-wrote feature articles, edited submitted articles, managed SE and layouts and advertising. Reached 3/4 of households with 40 stories per issue. Continue t publish under Crow Hill Associates website.
- PE funded start-up K-12 educational media company books, digital media, software located in Northborough, MA
- Revenue grew rapidly from 30MM t nearly 300MM, organically and through ten acquisitions
- Post acquisition of new business units, worked extensively on-site with new management teams, determining how best t integrate them int corporate structure while improving their cost structure and service levels.
- Developed plans and budgets for projects, presented t executive committee for approval, and executed plans.
- Managed multiple major IT, facility, and process improvement projects including:
- Converted all acquired businesses t corporate software and IT infrastructure ERP custom and MS Dynamics GP and CRM Dynamics CRM
- Managed development of robust suite of online reports by business unit, which included sales and marketing analyses, financial and operational KPI reports, expense account approvals, SOX requirements, BRC processing, commission statements, convention cost monitoring and more.
- Used technology t make the status of business processes transparent t business unit stakeholders
- Completely revamped how BRCs and sample shipments were processed at an acquired company, saving approximately 40 FTE seasonal employees while reducing processing times from months t 1 - 2 days.
- Managed development of integrations t e-commerce sites and financial system Dynamics GP
- Established HCC Shared Services and facility 2004 : Researched properties, purchased equipment, interacted with local officials, lawyers, engineers, and architects oversaw set up of IT and phone infrastructure, structured departments and hired initial staff, and created and managed t budget.
- Managed subsequent moves of departments fulfillment, financial, and IT related and products from six companies int shared services
- Relocated Manhattan based customer service call center t new facility--new phones, new management, and eventually new staff. Turned one of the worst customer service groups int a competitive advantage
- Relocated the Shared Services facility in 2009, saving 600,000 in annual lease expense
- Full P L responsibility for shared services division, including working with each business unit t budget both allocated and direct costs based on projected revenue by product type
- Negotiated excellent contracts with suppliers, IT outsource vendors, and shipping companies
- Hands-on, walk around management style promoted a proactive, flexible organizational culture and collaborative management style in a diverse workforce environment
- Matrix reporting structure: worked closely with division executives and corporate COO/CFO
- Held monthly meetings of entire staff, attended by both corporate and business unit executives
- Worked extensively across corporation t improve profitability and service levels, often with technology
- Responsible for shared services Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and corporate IT controls
- SVP Operations and IT--responsible for technical product development, all operations, and select major clients
- General Manager of Fulfillment Center and Director of Programming
- Project Leader for establishing 850,000SF Time Warner now Hachette warehouse in Indiana. .
- Won Disney and Microsoft Press worldwide contracts. Met extensively with potential clients
- Customer Service and Fulfillment rated 1 in trade publishing industry polls