Human Resources Professional
A bilingual English/Spanish , top-performing Human Resources professional with demonstrated knowledge of state and federal regulations applicable to human resources ACA, ADA, ARRA, GINA, ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, CFRA, NJFLA, ADA, FLSA, Title VII and Sarbanes Oxley benefit programs and leave of absence laws. Strong expertise in Benefits Administration, Staffing and Recruitment, HR reporting tools, report creation and systems and databases HR Perspective, SAP, People-soft and ABRA . Experience working in a corporate and union environment, with strong analytical, decision-making and multi-tasking abilities. Technical proficiency in MS Office Suite 2013 SharePoint, Taleo, ADP PayXpert, ADP HRB.
Areas of Expertise
Talent Performance Management
Business Technical Writing
Project Program Management
Human Resources/Payroll Associate
- Administered policies and programs relating to all phases of human resources activity including HR planning, recruitment, training and development, employee performance evaluation and appraisals, firing processes, and maintained knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources.
- Administered benefits programs such as life, health, dental and disability insurances, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance, provided guidance to managers and supervisors regarding employee leave policies, and kept records of benefits plans participation such as insurance and pension plan, personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
- Collaborated with senior HR leadership to investigate and resolve issues, identify potential risks and provided counsel to supervisors/managers on confidential and sensitive employment matters to avoid unnecessary litigation expenses.
- Created and updated job descriptions for approximately 100 active job titles, worked with directors and managers to schedule quality based required training, and coordinated recruiting process for open positions in the US office to include developing job descriptions, sourcing resumes, interviewing candidates, coordinating offers, coordinating background check/drug screen, etc.
- Managed and maintained employee data in corporate HRIS system, provided detailed reporting and analysis of workforce data used to identify resource gaps, and designed and implemented a multi-purpose orientation program, enhancing new employee experience and empowering staff to contribute to established goals and objectives within first six weeks of employment.
- Reviewed, updated and provided Employee Handbooks, and trained and advised management in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, sexual harassment, and resolution of employee relations issues.
- Administered salary administration program to ensure compliance and equity within organization, investigated accidents and prepared reports for insurance carrier, prepared employee separation notices and conducted exit interviews to determine reasons behind separation. Processed monthly payroll for 100 employees, maintained computerized records of all payroll advancements, submitted tax deposits, filed employee tax returns and conducted wage surveys within labor market to determine competitive wage rate.
Human Resources Administrator
- Supported approximately 500 employees in the corporate office and multi-state locations, and HRIS administration for 500 employees which included new hires, terminations, and salary increases.
- Acted as point of contact for employee benefits, policies, payroll questions and issues, conducted investigations into employee complaints and performed disciplinary actions as needed.
- Counseled Managers regarding MANA's company policy and human resources procedures and assisted managers in completing documentation of employee related performance issues.
- Ensured compliance with federal, state and local regulations concerning Company employment practices.
- Collaborated with Human Resources Manager to evaluate, approve, and process employee separations, and assisted the Finance department in preparation of reports and forms for compliance audits.
- Responded to initial requests for information for unemployment benefits if warranted, represented the Company at unemployment claims hearings. Facilitated corporate orientation sessions, and provided knowledge transfer and organizational overview to preparing new hires with knowledge for accelerated acclimation and assimilation to organizational culture.
- Administered employee benefit programs for 2500 participants and their dependents in compliance with carrier contracts e.g. enrolling new employees, explaining benefit options, organizing benefit fairs, mediating benefit eligibility and payment issues, open enrollment, etc. for the purpose of providing maximum coverage to employees within contract specifications.
- Processed and distributed a variety of information e.g. COBRA, FMLA and retirement benefits, eligibility, enrollments, etc. to document and disseminate information to appropriate parties. Provided input to management pre-negotiations for the purpose of recommended modifications, ensured achievement of competitive benefits programs and other goals identified by each Publicis USA division served. Researched discrepancies between employee, payroll, benefit provider/s, and government agencies and ensured accuracy of records and maximized eligible payments.
- Corresponded with benefits vendors and other third parties to ensure pertinent documentation were properly prepared, reviewed and acted upon in a timely manner.
Human Resources Coordinator
- Responsible for various HR competencies such as Benefits, Compensation, Training, HRIS and Employee Relations, and coordinated off boarding process to include coaching managers and consulting with legal counsel when necessary.
- Administered and coordinated employee benefit plans including new hire orientation program, open enrollment process and wellness program for 650 employees.
- Prepared annual EEO-1, OSHA, VET 100 100A reports, and maintained companywide communications, employee files, I-9 files and org charts. Processed rollovers, distributions, and added new enrollees for the 401 k , COBRA and Workers' Compensation administrations, and FMLA, Short-Term and Long-Term disability claims. Reconciled monthly HMO bills liaison between employees and benefit carriers, distributed employee communications, publications and announcements, created weekly reports of company turnover by department, attendance, current staffing vs. required, new hire scorecard and employee relations issues.
- Worked with department managers to develop HR strategies, researched issues and found strategic solutions that were implemented in the workforce, and functioned as business partner responsible for the communication of new policies, benefit programs and serve as a HR liaison for employees and managers. Counseled employees and managers by providing effective conflict resolution advice, offered employee relations advice and counsel with a focus on mitigating legal risk and in compliance with appropriate federal and state employment laws. Escalated issues as appropriate to HR Manager or director/ and or internal employment counsel to ensure best possible resolution.
Human Resources Assistant
- Processed weekly payroll for 375 employees through a mainframe system which included reconciling sick/vacation leave, correcting any errors on the edit report, oversaw input of change of status forms, and printed weekly timesheets. Responsible for running bi-weekly audits to maintain accurate levels of employee data reporting. Maintained expertise in systems Oracle, PeopleSoft and analyzed processes to enable accurate running of Web-I reports for data validation purposes.
- Handled and coordinated 403 b defined contribution plan, summary plan documents, benefit communications, 5500 filings, compliance testing and created and prepared EEO and OSHA reports.
- Maintained and entered data into HRIS/payroll System organized employee files Personnel, Benefit, Training, I9 Forms .
- Assisted in recruiting, employment verification, and background checks, processed garnishments and medical support notices and conducted New Hire, Benefit, Safety and Ergonomics orientations and training. Planned company events Including Health Fairs, Picnic, Christmas Party and Open enrollment .
Prepared and disseminated information and correspondence akin to the organization's programs and relevant procedures. Uploaded product information to e-commerce websites, kept marketing department's documentation and databases up-to-date, and maintained financial records and prepare reports concerning revenue and accounts management. Assisted marketing manager and team with all marketing activities, and researched delivered intelligence that will inform proposition development for new investment projects which resulted in successful business deals for IVP.
Provided support to the office and managed expense reporting, reception and training/development correspondence. Assisted with marketing and sales activities, coordinated travel arrangements, assisted with meeting planning and planned and organized corporate meetings and seminars. Managed venues, equipment, materials, and communication activities between company and other related agencies.