Constant improvement is my mantra, in my life and in my work. I will advance to the next stage in my career in Information Technology by building upon the solid foundation of skills and knowledge I've acquired. I will utilize my boundless curiosity, strong work ethic, and supreme adaptability to effectively overcome challenges and reach the top of my field. Along the way, I will take an active role in empowering my peers to discover their own potential, recognizing that the success of the team is just as important as that of the individual.
Senior Database Editor
- Supervised, developed, and inspired a team with accountability for meeting department goals.
- Maintained a database of over 11 million unique digital assets, using scripting techniques to automate the ingest of data from websites, xml feeds, spreadsheets, word docs, and pdfs. This was entirely manual data entry when I started, but I have kept pushing for more efficiency in the process, to the point where this is now approaching 80 automation.
- Set up new PC's, installing supplemental RAM, new video cards, connecting monitors, mouse, keyboard, and installing drivers, security updates, and necessary software from a library of disk images. Assisted heavily with the company-wide upgrade from Windows XP to Windows 7 on over 400 desktop computers.
- Regularly reconfigured and troubleshooted Avaya VOIP phones, whenever employees moved around the office, or new employees were hired.
- Used Active Directory to manage domain and user accounts for my subordinates, applying and updating passwords and lockout conditions, as well as establishing corporate email accounts.
- When I started, all incoming data was printed and distributed by hand. I helped devise a system using shared Outlook inboxes to track and process everything, to allow for a paper free work environment, saving time, desk space, trees, and over 50,000 a year.
- Provided first level software and hardware troubleshooting and technical support for staff, including account lockouts, registry errors, driver troubles, automation scripting errors, email connectivity, start-up errors, printer troubles, and network connectivity problems, including wireless.
- Configured VPN with Cisco AnyConnect, so that staff with corporate laptops could access the internal network securely from home.
- Established intercontinental conference and video calls, including use of pc-connected projectors, cameras, microphones, and speakers.
- Prepared and presented soft-skills and technical training courses as well as educational presentations, including job specific training in the use of Excel, Outlook, and many proprietary software systems.
- Hired, trained, and motivated 80 attendants in 16 locations.
- Consistently exceeded sales, budget, and customer satisfaction goals.
- Created a customer-centric environment to ensure positive experiences.
- Trained staff in sales techniques to increase revenue.
- Designed and implemented product plans and merchandising strategies.
Systems: Windows 2000/XP/7/8, Windows Server 2008/20012, Mac OS X, Linux
Software: Active Directory, Exchange, Microsoft Office Suite, VMWare, Cisco
Anyconnect, Salesforce, Workday, Kronos, Quickbase.
Concepts: Virtualization, Hardware Configuration/Troubleshooting, Wireless,
VPN, Firewalls, Group Policies, Disaster Recovery and Information Security.
Skills: Organization, prioritization, and indentifying efficiencies and procedural
improvements. Masterful troubleshooter, will not rest until a problem is solved and thoroughly documented.