With direction, bridges the gap between the business customer and the technology solution providers e.g., vendors, infrastructure team, development team, etc. by translating business needs to technical solutions throughout the lifecycle of the product. Coordinates and/or executes plans to ensure that technical solutions meet the needs of the business. May act as a primary contact with clients. Key customers include all users of information services resources, and the various I/S business platforms.
- Expresses complex ideas and positions in a clear, concise and timely manner.
- Listens and asks clarifying questions to understand others' point of view and identify issues.
- Communicates in a way that demonstrates respect for individual differences.
- Encourages others to express their views openly, even if they are contrary to the majority viewpoint.
- Anticipates customer concerns and takes initiative to proactively resolve issues.
- Solicits feedback proactively to identify ways to improve service or products.
- Ensure direct reports or projects and initiatives, if in an individual contributor role are focused on meeting customer needs.
- Investigates and adopts best practices from both within and outside of the organization.
- Adapts both quickly and resourcefully to shifting priorities.
- Helps others adapt in the face of resistance.
- Challenges past assumptions to ensure that processes and outcomes are continuously improved.
- Generates innovative approaches to own work.
- Actively seeks out opportunities to coach and develop others.
- Identifies and takes action to resolve performance problems of direct reports and/or members of team if in an individual contributor role .
- Makes hiring and promotion decisions and/or recommendations if in an individual contributor role based on people's capabilities and business needs.
- Celebrates and/or rewards the significant achievements of others.
- Helps team members recognize the business value of a diverse workforce.
- Directs others by clarifying the broader purpose and mission of their work.
- Demonstrates understanding of how own group's performance impacts overall business.
- Creates strategies to balance day-to-day activities with long-range business plans.
- Develops and monitors plans for executing projects on time and within budget.
- Considers industry, market, and other internal and external business factors when making decisions.
- Applies a global perspective to their work.
- Invites and builds upon the diverse ideas and input of others.
- Embraces team decisions, even when they differ from own position.
- Recognizes the contributions and uniqueness of each individual on the team.
- Encourages people to draw on others' diverse strengths and experience to work together effectively, within and across teams.
- Addresses and resolves conflict directly and constructively, focusing on issues and facts rather than people.
- Finds ways to incorporate others' best thinking into solutions.
- Builds diverse networks throughout the organization to enhance personal influence.
- Develops and presents a compelling case for change to gain commitment from others.
- Asserts own position with confidence and enthusiasm.
- Works with others to identify barriers and potential solutions.
- Sets high performance standards with clear expectations for self and others.
- Monitors progress of others and redirects efforts when goals change, are not met, or are no longer relevant.
- Identifies action steps needed to accomplish team or work group objectives.
- Uses metrics and data to anticipate and address issues so that progress towards goals is not disrupted.
- Puts in extra effort and work to accomplish critical or difficult tasks.
- Removes obstacles to accomplishing goals.
- Identifies resources e.g., budget, people needed to accomplish objectives.
- The following indicates the functional competency level demonstrated on a consistent basis by high performers in this position. The target levels indicate the competence level generally required to perform this job successfully for each functional competency. Refer to the functional competency dictionary for detailed descriptions of the competencies and the levels.