- Lead developer, system architect, and project manager of a data mining system that acquired information from 100,000 Lucent customer systems and stored the product information in a terabyte data warehouse and presented the data via the Web using English queries. I performed all aspects of the development cycle: from business case creation, project management, hardware/software analysis, requirements definition, hardware/software setup, data modeling, software architecture, implementation of infrastructure, user interface design, and deployment to user community. This innovative application saved Lucent 3 million dollars and enabled development, support, and marketing groups with information at their fingertips to better serve customers. I received the Lucent President's Award for this innovative product.
- Designed and implemented a set of tools that automatically collected port usage information from Lucent customer equipment. The information was summarized as a lease invoice per customer. These tools helped Lucent generate extra revenue of 2 million per year.
- Designed and implemented an expert agent to resolve error and alarms in the Center Stage framework of DEFINITY. This work greatly reduced the number of tickets that were being dispatched to technicians
- Lead developer in designing and developing a build environment and source code system that managed a projects code base from a common area. This build system allowed developers to have sparse workspaces and enabled them to build executables on multiple hardware platforms without having to move source code from machine to machine. I achieved this task by using a remote compile approach that allowed applications to be built on any hardware and software platform regardless of the location of the source code. This build system greatly simplified a developer's task of building on different platforms and allowed projects to quickly and easily build software on new platforms with minimal effort. The source code management system I designed and implemented helped developers to create and maintain sparse workspace, to set build targets, to build with specified software versions, to integrate workspaces into integration and official software loads, and to quickly browse workspace and official source code
- Designed and implemented an OpenView/NetView application that graphically displayed the changing alarm states of Lucent PBX's and Proxy Agents. This application worked by receiving SNMP traps and by polling products for Health Status MIB's. The polling was non-blocking and could be done on multiple objects simultaneously. The application did auto-discovery of Proxy and PBX objects and handled all map and user events immediately and interfaced with REMEDY to generate trouble tickets. I wrote a documentation manual which described to customers how to setup REMEDY schema's, macros, and commands to enter a new alarm state as a trouble ticket
- DEFINITY work involved everything from developing new call processing features, to modifying message sets, to system administration GUI design, to internal system audits, to voice mail features, to performance improvements, and MR blitzes