Highlights of Qualifications
- Function at director-level and individual contributor in highly matrixed environments as well as interact with executive management to drive the decision-making process
- Experienced in technology and planning for over thirty years in various capacities from consultant and technology subject matter specialist to departmental and global program management.
- Established track record of delivering projects on budget and on time
- Certified PMP working at the program and project level delivering projects on-time, within budget scope, budget and risk management.
- Agile Scrum Master and Product Owner certified.
- Certified CBCP by Disaster Recovery Institute International DRII , BS25999 and ISO 22301
- Technical knowledge and skill set encompasses Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery planning, High-Availability designs, client/server, communications, open systems and mainframe platforms.
- Customer focused and bottom line oriented work with large client accounts and complex projects to drive the incremental business with existing clients and new opportunities.
- Security Assessments, ISO7799, COBIT and ITIL framework
- Managed many business continuity and disaster recovery initiatives: Risk Assessment and Business Impact Analysis as well as implementation management and plan documentation.
- Focusing on providing high availability solutions addressing regulatory and commercial business continuity requirements as well as email archiving products.
- Presented BC/DR topics at various professional group seminars and deliver complex written and oral communications.
- Clear understanding of marketing, selling and service delivery creative problem solver.
- Began career by writing application code on major trading systems and went on to manage trading systems for two major investment banks
- Managed the deployment of a client/server system for an established, global, financial services corporation. Global deployment project involved the coordination of sites in Asia, Europe, North American, and South America and the upgrading of software on 90,000 desktops and the installation of over 50 regional servers.
- Other accomplishments over the recent past include desktop management outsourcing agreement for a major brokerage house.
- Strong experience in managing multi-site / highly available implementations, with deployment plans that provide for minimal or no business disruption if an outage event occurs.
- Outstanding track record of implementing and supporting products for key business processes while managing the technology refresh process.
- Project Management based on Traditional and Agile best practices
- Direct major projects, track budgets, work-in-progress and risk management
- Work with clients to develop proposals and detailed statement of work
- Establish client recovery objectives and document business continuity plans
- Developed strategies and designs based on client high availability requirements
Director of Professional Services and PMO Lead
- Senior Program and Project Manager for all major projects, track budgets, work-in progress and risk management
- Work with client organizations to deliver projects on time and within defined budget constraints
- Work with clients to develop proposals and detailed statement of work including work breakdown structure WBS , budget estimates, forecasts and earned value management
- Establish Scrum framework to deliver products faster and with minimal defects
- Develop with clients programs to assess risks, establish recovery objectives and document business continuity plans
- Partner with major IT vendors to present BC/DR concepts and planning approaches
- Developed strategies and designs for client high availability requirements
- Partnered with storage and high availability vendors to implement solutions that achieved clients recovery objectives
- Responsible for project engagement planning, staffing and P/L
Business Continuity Practice Program Manager
- Project/Program Management Financial Services, Banking, Retail, HMO - Health Services
- Developed high availability and business continuity culture within technology integration consulting group
- Created practice procedures and training necessary to develop high availability solutions
- Defined Business Impact Analysis framework to work with clients in establishing recovery objective requirements
- Managed technology solutioning for high availability and disaster recovery scenarios
- Partnered with storage and high availability vendors to provide clients with integrated solutions
- Managed many significant network deployments, data center moves and infrastructure upgrades
- Responsible for project engagement staffing and P/L
- Director of Email and Internet Services
- Established disaster recovery program, architecture and budget to provide for recovery of global email services
- Established product management culture and managed messaging services, evaluations and vendor management programs
- Defined product dashboard benchmarking products against marketplace and peer groups, using financial and operations metrics
- Directed recovery process for messaging infrastructure post 9/11 and designed enhanced disaster recovery capabilities
Principal/Chief Operating Manager
- Managed outsourcing practice as well as global desktop outsourcing evaluation process, including vendor selection, contract negotiation, and implementation for major global financial services firm
- Managed technical consulting services company servicing metropolitan New York region
- Facilitated the definition of client recovery objective requirements and associated high availability solutions
- Managed security assessments focused on Internet and networking facilities, for large retail corporations
- Developed relationships with clients and potential clients, managed multiple projects, and hired staff
- Assessed scope of projects, performed technical reviews for clients, and created strategic alliances with hardware and software vendors leading to further business development
VP/Director of Messaging Services 1995-1999
- Managed consolidation of multiple messaging environments onto single, highly-redundant global platform, deployed client software on 90,000 desktops and 65 servers, and outsourced target platform
- Established redundant UNIX server environment supporting global electronic mail and Internet interfaces
- Managed global email implementation project including budget controls, outsourcing, operations documentation and controls, network design, resource estimates, team building, custom software development, problem management, and modified rollout strategies so as to achieve implementation targets
- Developed department to support networking applications: Notes, LAN-based email UNIX, DOS/Windows/NT OS2 , host-based email VMS/All-In-One , X.400 and financial messaging VMS/DECNET
- Established corporate standards for LAN-based email
- Reviewed marketplace trends regarding evolution of highly available email client/server offering, and implemented centralized systems management for global host-based email
- Managed technical support and operations, staff of 45, for network, operating systems, and related data and voice communications in multi-platform environment IBM, DEC HP .
- Directed first successful disaster recovery program for IBM, DEC and HP Private Bank applications
- Created LAN architecture necessary for the rollout of client/server applications and formed design group providing connectivity for metropolitan campus environment application provided for GUI front ending host access, data staging on server and application logic executing on the workstation.
- Migrated application workloads to regional data center and decommissioned facility at local site.
Senior Technical Consultant
Designed and implemented multi-platform testing suite by creating isolated mini-bank processing plant to test and evaluate implementation of entire new set of banking software
- Corporate Vice President, Manager of Telecommunications
- Directed technical support team for online processing during period of growth from 3,000 to 10,000 employees
- Positioned online environment to support dramatic increase in demand for service generated by business sectors
- Improved online service availability to 99.999
- Defined mainframe configurations, performance/capacity plans, disaster recovery plans, network configurations, and mainframe gateway designs, resulting in improved system availability
- Directed LAN infrastructure design team providing support for applications development and production support systems
- Developed support and implementation plans for client/server processing, database products, and off-loading of host development environment to LAN-based technology
- Stabilized online processing availability and coordinated project team designing new data center migration scenarios
Senior Systems Manager
- Consolidated multiple, distributed, online platforms into single, centralized operations model with redundant mainframes
- Managed staff of 10 systems programmers and analysts supporting 300 developers
- Led all trouble shooting and tuning of online trading applications, supported standards development, configured development facilities, and architected production online environment
Assistant Director of Data Processing
- Directed design of systems software environment, application development, and all operation activities
- Managed first major online application back office accounts receivable system, fully integrated with business/sales departments
- Hands-on project leader responsible for all phases of development life cycle
- Worked closely with internal clients to understand business requirements and develop/implement solutions providing for improved operational efficiencies