To obtain a full time or temporary position which will make use of my mainframe computer skills, my finance skills and my analytical skills.
- Mainframe COBOL programmer
- Computer languages: COBOL 2, Inquire Query Languages and SQL formally trained in the use of Oracle
- Practical experience with the following software packages:
- IMS - Batch and Online
- DB2 - Batch and Online
- Inquire - Batch and Online
- CSP - Online
- CICS - Batch and Online
- Focus - Reporting and Online with windows
- QMF - SQL reporting and online PROCs
- Access - Client server reporting and some forms experience
- VB 3.3 - Visual Basic batch
- HTML - Imbedded HTMl to format web report
- Extensive work in database design using INQUIRE, FOCUS, DB2, CSP, VSAM and IMS
- I wrote a visual basic program which used word basic to format a document and the program E-mail the formatted document
- System work for several data base systems
- Member of QIT team which created a dynamic process to adapt PCs for home terminal use, requiring some PC programming
- Chargeback Analysis of computer charges to customers and the relationship of these charges to productivity
- I was thoroughly trained in the quality assurance process at Xerox. I also used a QIT approach to address those tasks, which had a significant number of aborts on the monthly ABEND report
- I am also experienced in CMM level two system implementation.
- I also have extensive experience in business system analysis. I have years of experience writing detail specifications that could be easily converted to cod
- I am HIPAA certified.
- I also ran a tutoring program for The Rochester City School District for three years.
- I was a member of many disaster recovery teams for several different systems.
Going door to door collecting census data from those who did not file their census questionnaire for 2010.
I worked for Unisys at the Capitol One Help Desk. I received calls and solved computer problems from all over the world for The Capitol One Bank
Assisting customers take purchases to their car where I then would assist them in getting items into the car. I also had the duty of retrieving shopping carts from Wal-Mart parking lot and returning them to cart silo for further customer use.
- I worked on the Managed Care team and there I primary work in the resolutions of numerous
- SN. The most notable and complex were timely filing and the 1099 project. I also worked on the HIPAA project where I established the link between the IMS remit program and the DB repository. I was not involved in the coding of cpw410 but I was the backup to the primary technician and help in a lot of testing and problem resolution. This included helping in the use of QMF to run queries against the DB2 Repository.
I worked in a backup capacity for the production support of The Flexible Spending Account System. The FSA system is a complex CICS batch and online system which is used by the EBS Group to maintain an employees payroll deduction and cash disbursements into and from the FSA System. Over the past year and a half I have modified numerous programs and JCL procedures. I have also updated and implemented documentation of The FSA system.
I worked as an IMS cobol programmer on the Claims Payable system. This assignment included work on the Global Crossing Release, Blue Point 2 release, Starnet and The Model Office Project. All of my work on these projects and releases were implemented with zero defects. I also identified, resolve and implement numerous fixes to several ongoing production program problems that had plagued the Claims Payable System.
I worked on the Order To Collection System doing reset and documentation on he Equipment Performance Reporting System EPR My system documentation required the preparation of a mapping document which detailed every field on all of the input files fed to EPR. The documentation included the definition and source of each field contained on the input files. The mapping document is then used to create a system requirement document SRD which is used by the client server development team to convert the system to oracle. I also acted as the liaison between the oracle group and the mainframe system assisting in ensuring accuracy in the new system
- Analyzing IMS HDAM batch jobs in search of a solution to extremely long wall
- Run times. This involved the scrutiny of various tasks run mixes, the IMS
- Tuning for the running of batch job which included the examination of each PSB, PCB and IMS procoptions..
Advanced System Engineer
- Design and develop the best technical solutions for mainframe systems using COBOL II,
- Also assist in using the correct data base structure which would best serve the new system. This would include VSAM, DB2, Inquire, IMS or sequential.
- Write and implement complex COBOL II or SQL system.
- Develop unit and base case test conditions for new or modified programs by using various utilities which includes BTS, iINTERTEST or XPF, DSNLOAD, DB2 EXTRACT and IDCAMS..
- Make major modifications to cross system product CSP online session for Consolidated Revenue Reporting.
- Investigate and identify systems that could be converted to focus online. Three systems were identified as candidates and our team converted all three to focus online. I personally work on a hugh peace of this conversion effort..
- Create and implement JCL and documentation for new or modified programs.
- Review problem systems and create ways to eliminate abends and decrease the run time.
- Train and mentor programmer trainees.
Train and educate EDS employees, on The Xerox Account, of the value diversity can bring to global corporate entity. This was accomplished through group presentations, sensitivity sessions and group workshops. Diversity training was mandated by EDS for all employees on The Xerox Account.