Litigation practice associate.
- Prepared individual, trust, partnership, and corporation tax returns.
- Researched state and local tax issues.
- Researched and drafted memoranda on statutory requirements and restrictions on the use of proceeds from the issuance of municipal bonds.
- Researched and drafted memoranda on permit requirements for oil and gas drilling in national preserves.
- Drafted motions for protective orders and motions to quash subpoenas.
- Conducted legal research and prepared draft judicial opinions on habeas corpus petitions.
- Observed and assisted judge in courtroom proceedings, pretrial conferences, and settlement negotiations.
- Reviewed and edited documents related to public utility regulatory filings.
- Researched public utility regulations and labor and employment case law.
- Drafted legal correspondence and memoranda.
- Chief audit executive for Cincinnati Public Schools with responsibility for evaluating the district's internal control environment and reporting on the effectiveness of internal controls to the Audit Committee of the Board of Education on a quarterly basis.
- Established the internal audit function including procedures, charter, and annual internal audit plans.
- Acted as facilitator and liaison between external auditors, district managers, and the Audit Committee.
- Led internal audit engagements in Confidential
- Completed annual quality assessments of managements' Sarbanes-Oxley documentation and testing.
- Assisted clients with Sarbanes-Oxley section 404 compliance, and supervised and mentored project teams.
- Reviewed managements' 404 test plan results and acted as liaison with external auditors.
- Led operational audits of airport ramp locations and domestic ground operations to ensure compliance with FAA, DOT, and OSHA regulations.
- Prepared audit reports and communicated audit results to senior management.
- Prepared audit plans, fieldwork schedules, project budgets, and supervised audit teams.
- Conducted audits in Confidential
- Developed annual audit plans for five major divisions using a risk-based framework that justified to senior audit management the reason for including particular manufacturing locations in the audit plan.
- Developed, trained, and mentored team members.
Participated in independent audits of the Commonwealth of Virginia's Annual Comprehensive Financial Report and public universities.