- 10 years experience in business-driven, fast-paced, and complex IT environments including Fortune 500 corporations in financial services, insurance, media, telecom, retail and air transport industries.
- Industry expert in strategy, design, architecture and implementation of storage, data protection, disaster recovery and business continuity DR BC projects including infrastructure transformation, consolidation, virtualization, and migrations in multi-petabyte environments.
- Proven track-record of driving multi-million Data Center Migration, Consolidation, Transformation, Virtualization and Cloud Adoption projects to completion on time while exceeding quality expectations.
- Technical Expert in NetApp SAN with background in EMC and HDS technologies. Design hands-on experience in SnapManager for Oracle/SAP, SnapMirror DR , SnapVault Backup , FlexClone Cloning , OnCommand/DFM suite, WFA and OCI SANscreen.
- Vast experience in conducting large-scale DR exercises dry-runs and planning migrations homogenous/heterogenous with zero / minimal disruption and no data loss for critical applications.
- Broad experience and understanding of technologies such as OS, Solaris, AIX, Linux , virtualization VMware, UCS , cloud computing, firewalls, load balancers, web servers, databases, and applications.
- Proficient in writing Statement of Works SOW , evaluating vendors/technologies/solutions, conducting proof-of-concept, sizing, and capacity planning and translating business requirements into a clear technical scope in high-growth dynamic business environments.
- Extensive experience in managing and turning around global storage operations to make IT infrastructure optimized, more efficient, cost-effective, and yet more responsive to users' needs.
- Expert in interacting with both business and technical teams from staff to C levels.
Key Areas: Enterprise Storage Virtualization Architecture, Data Center Migrations, P2V, V2V, Convergence, High Availability, Automated Backup, SOX Compliance, Disaster Recovery, Distributed Scalable Architecture, Performance, Tiered Storage, Chargeback Systems, OSI Layer, Storage Protocols FC, FCoE, iSCSI, NFS, CIFS , Archiving, Capacity Planning, Sizing, KPIs, Deduplication, Compression, ILM, ITIL, Storage Best Practices, UCS, FlexPod.
NetApp FAS/V 6x00/3x00 series, Data ONTAP 7-mode , OnCommand suite
SnapMirror, SnapVault, FlexClone, SnapManager, DTA Migrations, SnapDrive, SnapShot, etc.
Hitachi HDS Lightning series and Sun OEM , USP V, HiCommand, Shadow Image, TrueCopy
EMC VMAX/DMX, ECC, SYMCLI, PowerPath, TimeFinder, SRDF, Clariion, Celerra, VNX, Unisphere, NAVICLI, Replication Manager, HP EVA series, CommandView EVA, SecurePath
Brocade Silkworm, Cisco MDS, Emulex LP, QLogic HBA, and related components
Veritas NetBackup 5.x/6.x, BakBone NetVault, ACSLS, StorageTek, Quantum, LTO Ultrium
Cisco UCS, Cisco Nexus, NetApp FlexPod, VMware ESX, SMT, VDI, Citrix
AIX, Sun Solaris, HP-UX, RedHat Linux, Windows, VMware ESX, Veritas Volume Manager
Database storage architecture, RDBMS Systems, Oracle, Sybase
OOA D, System Architecture, Visio, MS Project, Crystal Reports, MS Office, C/C
Sr. Storage Strategist/Architect
- Enterprise Storage Strategy Developed enterprise data center storage strategy and direction including current state assessment, future vision determination, detailed gap analysis, and successful planning and transition for gap closure for multiple data centers 2 petabyte storage spread across North America and Europe using SKB Global's Ascent Enterprise Strategy methodology.
- Enterprise Data Protection Strategy Developed enterprise data protection strategy encompassing global data centers comprising physical and virtual servers ensuring RPOs and RTOs per business SLAs are met for each tier using heterogeneous approach Oracle RMAN, VSC/SMVI, NetApp SnapShot, NetBackup .
- Vendor Management Technology Roadmap Development Worked with vendors NetApp, EMC, Symantec to understand and align storage backup product capabilities and roadmap with future business needs.
- ITaaS and Cloud Computing Adoption Advised on and participated in execution of transformation from legacy data center to cloud P2V migrations for 100 applications.
- End-to-end Infrastructure Inventory Best Practices Re-architected and implemented OnCommand Insight OCI aka SANscreen to produce detailed reports of current state of storage practices and technologies including Oracle, VMware, Solaris, NetApp, Utilization thin/thick/hybrid , Performance, Tiering , and Operational Incidents Outages.
- Storage Automation Participated in data center-wide initiative to automate build of new infrastructure server, network, storage using CA IT PAM and NetApp WFA tools.
- Data Migrations, Upgrades and Project Management Led multiple application migration efforts to migrate, remediate and upgrade storage, network and server infrastructure ensuring minimal disruption to the business.
- Mission-critical Storage Operations Helped BW with mission-critical storage operations M/A/C/D in extremely security sensitive environment VMAX for Block/SAN, and NetApp for NAS .
- Capacity Planning Tech Refresh Participated and led discussions for capacity planning and finalizing BOM for new equipment / order placement.
- Data Migration Helped BW strategize and conduct data migration least disruptively from legacy ONTAP 7.x systems to new ONTAP 8.x, 7-mode systems while acting as NetApp Subject Matter Expert.
- Backup Disaster Recovery Implementation Helped Altera strategize, define, and implement backup SnapVault and Disaster Recovery SnapMirror in geographically distributed data center and office locations to support SLA with worldwide business operations US and Malaysia .
- NetApp SME Supported global operations being the NetApp subject matter expert.
- NetApp Storage Architecture Helped customers define storage solutions including architecture, tiering, virtualization, backup, and disaster recovery.
- Virtualization / Cloud Storage Architecture Helped customers define cloud architecture using NetApp FlexPod, Cisco UCS Nexus, and VMware technologies.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure VDI Rollouts Designed and implemented large-scale virtual desktop environments on VMware View and Citrix XenDesktop with back-end on NetApp for 5,000 users.
- NetApp Hardware and Software Upgrades Led and performed upgrades from 31xx to 32xx and 62xx systems also performed upgrades of Data ONTAP with minimal impact.
- Migrations Performed migrations from NetApp/non-NetApp to NetApp for upgrades, consolidation, and/or conversions 32-bit to 64-bit aggregates, P2V, etc. using Volume/Qtree SnapMirror and DTA.
- Proof-of-Concepts POCs Set up POCs for evaluation of new storage technology products vis -vis business requirements. Helped devise test procedures to accurately and effectively address requirements.
- Delivery Implementation Responsible for installing, configuring, and rolling out new NetApp hardware including FAS and V-Series systems 62xx, 32xx, 31xx , new UCS hardware, and VMware ESX systems.
- Pre-Sales Engineering Working with account managers to support the sales process for Fortune 500 customers. Generated quotes, responded to RFP's, developed proposals, and achieved revenues of over US 10m per annum as a team. Solutions included NetApp FAS, V-Series, EMC CX, VNX, and VMAX.
- Customer Management Advised customer on best practices and process optimization for day-to-day operations, and assisted in capacity planning in a very dynamic and challenging business environment.
Senior Storage Infrastructure Consultant
- Global Storage Operations Responsible for management of about 1.7PB of storage infrastructure spread across SAN, NAS, and CAS technologies in six locations globally running on EMC Symmetrix DMX-3, DMX-4 , Clariion CX3, CX4 , Celerra NS700g, NS704g , Centera, NetApp FAS 3000, Brocade 24K, 48K , Cisco MDS 9513, 9134 , NetBackup 6.5.x, StorageTek L700, L1400 , and Quantum i500, i2000 systems.
- Storage On-call Support Provided on-call support for specific queries of internal users from administrator/analyst Unix Admin, DBA, etc to Director and Managing Director MD levels to improve storage team's responsiveness and effectiveness.
- Backup Optimization Provided specific recommendations to optimize backups that resulted in saving of backup space/tapes, network bandwidth, and server computing by about 18 for the specific application Exchange resulting in cost-savings for the organization.
- DR BCP Testing Helped in planning and developing procedures for full-blown Data Center failover and failback testing DR BC . Oversaw the tests and provided specific recommendations to improve the process during actual disaster. Testing included failover of about 1TB storage with impact across all mission-critical and business-critical applications of the organization.
- Integration of Legacy BlackRock and Legacy Barclays Global's infrastructures Helped in massive integration effort of two global organizations and their mission-critical infrastructure spread across multiple data centers across US and globally Canada, UK, Japan, Germany, Australia . Helped management understand the storage footprint, and provided recommendations on how the two totally separate organizations can be integrated planning, migration, cut-over under a tight deadline with minimal or no impact to users and with least possible cost to the combined organization effort was underway .
- SAN / Storage Architecture Helped Fortune 500/1000 customers in banking, insurance, healthcare, media, and utilities industries to design and implement high-throughput, highly scalable, and high-growth architecture for storage, backup, and DR in environments as big as 3PB storage and as high performing as 400 MBps on each server. Platforms included NetApp FAS, EMC DMX, Sun Solaris, AIX, Linux and Windows on HP Superdome and other servers running Oracle/RDBMS based mission-critical 24x7x365 applications.
- Data Migration Helped plan, design, and execute host-based data migrations 100 TB with zero data loss and minimal downtime totally seamless at times . Also performed storage based homogenous data migrations.
- Storage Consolidation for Heterogeneous Environment AIX, Solaris, Windows Configured volumes and LUNs, and performed LUN masking, presentation, zoning, HBA configuration, and host configuration.
- Disaster Recovery DR Implementation Designed and architected bunker and remote replication for disaster recovery. Wrote/modified/updated scripts for integration with volume manager. Also helped customers estimate RPOs, RTOs, and bandwidth requirement for mission-critical applications.
- SME and Best Practices Advised customer on best practices and process optimization for day-to-day operations, and assisted in capacity planning in a very dynamic and challenging business environment. Also advised on tiered storage, virtualization, and content management for unusually rapid roll out of storage services, efficient management, and lowering TCO while effectively servicing the business needs.
- Operations Support Acted as primary contact for customer during post-implementation phase, and developed strong relationships with sales, delivery, and support teams to effectively and efficiently resolve customer's operational and technical challenges.
- Storage Throughput Analysis Optimization Provided in-depth performance analysis and solutions for enhanced application performance in complex environment. Identified and tuned parameters in various layers to get as high as 1.5GB/sec on FAS6040 active-active cluster.
- Training Knowledge Transfer Developed comprehensive and efficient knowledge transfer process. Also delivered internal trainings, and provided knowledge transfer to customers.
- Storage Consolidation Worked as lead consultant for the US portion of Citi's global effort to consolidate its data centers from 54 to 24 while still supporting the company's growing need for data processing. Directly responsible for the sub-project that helped Citi immediately save about 3M in hard money.
- Storage Architecture Designed and architected geographically distributed data storage, backup, and disaster recovery systems in complex and diverse data requirements of Citi. Overall environment consisted of 3.5PB storage EMC DMX, Clariion and NetApp FAS with a variety of UNIX and Windows based servers.
- Data Migration Helped plan, design, and execute data migrations 400 TB on-time with zero data loss and minimal downtime totally seamless in some cases .
- Disaster Recovery DR Architecture Implementation Architected and implemented DR for mission-critical and business-critical banking data in multi-region distributed data center environment to achieve business continuance for Citi.