- Extensive experience of a wide mix of Technical/Business exposure, culminating in a results-driven IS/IT multidimensional professional, with 29 years of experience.
- In-depth experience in all phases of the MIS waterfall, spiral, and agile SDLC.
- Offering a breadth of experience in IT designed and implemented business and technical requirements to support critical initiatives for global companies in diverse industries.
- Successfully elicited, facilitated and defined business and functional requirements for new customer needs.
- Skilled problem solver who works well under pressure. Met demanding deadlines and customer/user support needs.
- Achieved career highlights such as performing the following roles: Technical Business Analyst, Business Analyst, Systems Analyst, Project Lead, and Data-/Programmer Analyst.
- Received various awards and recognitions for excellence, and always aiming to add value to companies' bottom lines.
- Strong Financial/Banking experience: business/systems analysis, design, specifying, building, testing 14 years
- Wide knowledge of HIPAA ANSI X12 Medicare/proprietary health/dental care claims processing, and EDI 6 years
- Played a significant role in the Child Support Enforcement System SETS of the State of Ohio 2 years
- Multi-industry business analysis: elicitation, user stories/cases/scenarios, BRD/FSD artifacts 9 years
- Deep systems analysis/design including UI UX , functional and technical specifications, and reporting 13 years
- Extensive System and Functional testing test plans, test cases/scripts, and UAT testing/support 9 years
- Excellent and wide hands-on structured development/coding and problem solving experience 20 years
- Extensive data analysis: sourcing/-gap/-cleansing/-mapping, integration, quality, validation, modeling, SQL 9 years
- Strong leadership/organization skills managing medium sized technical projects of up to 11 people 12 years
- Analyzed, designed ETL and business intelligence BI requirements based on current/historical data 4 years
- Strong experience in software and business process redesign BPR , in terms of improvements and quality
- Excellent analytical, technical, interpersonal, communication, CRM, listening, and technical writing skills
- Strong interfacing and problem solving skills: business/technical concepts/terminology - can communicate in both
- Guided system and application design and provided technical consultation in multiple system environments
- Analyzed and modeled business processes context-/process-/data-/control-/workflow-/UML diagrams
- Strong migration/conversion experience: one data conversion/data integration and two software conversions
- Accountable for multiple system implementations as a SDLC technical business-/systems analyst
- Good experience with hands-on on-site/off-shore model
- Software: COBOL II, ANSI SQL, JCL JES2/3 , EZTRIEVE Plus, MicroFocus COBOL, PL/1
- Tools: DL/I, TSO/ISPF, SPF/PC, MicroFocus Workbench, ROSCOE, IBM Utilities, COMPLETE, File-AID, File Master, CA7, File Manager Base and DB2 , Abend-AID, SyncSort, MQ Series, TTS, ABT Suite, SharePoint, HP QUALITY CENTER 9.2, MS OFFICE Suite including Excel, Word, PowerPoint , Visio, Corel, TimeLine, ABC-Flowcharter, BP Win, VOLLIE, WYLBER, EDI, BMS, CEDF, MFS, IDCAMS, SPUFI, QMF, SDSF, ENDEVOR, FTP, CONNECT: Direct, Serena CHANGEMAN, INTERTEST, XPEDITER, TAO, RUMBA, and other IBM, CA, Compuware, and BMC Utilities
- Databases/Files: IMS DB, DB2/SQL, VSAM, GSAM, ISAM, HISAM, HIDAM, HDAM
- Transaction Managers: IMS DC TM , CICS
- Operating Systems: IBM z/OS, OS/390, MVS/ESA/XA, OS/VS1, VM/CMS, VSE/SP/ESA, WINDOWS XP/7
- Hardware: IBM Mainframe/Enterprise Servers, MS SQL Server, IBM ES/9000/9021, Client Server OS/2
Role: Sr. Technical Business Analyst
- Total System Services, Inc. commonly referred to as TSYS is the largest processor of merchant acquirers and bank credit card issuers 1 for credit card issuers and 2 for merchant processing in the United States . TSYS processes over 1 trillion a year in credit and debit card transactions. They created the TS2 and TS1 technology platforms, which are considered among the best in the industry.
- The Merchant Accounting Systems team is responsible for building, testing and implementing new Merchants to the TSYS Credit Card Systems.
- Performed as a Sr. Technical Business Analyst, inclusive of all associated tasks and deliverables. Elicited, analyzed, and documented customer business and functional requirements, documented artifacts, UI and UX design, the extraction, transformation and loading ETL of test data to test environment, creation of test plan and test cases, performed tests, creation of JCL jobs to obtain test data, analyzed test results, SQL Queries, resolution of differences in actual and expected test results and supported system and user acceptance testing.
- Skills: HP QUALITY CENTER 9.2, DB2/SQL, SQL Queries, IMS, QMF, TSO, JCL, File Manager Base and DB2 , VSAM, MS Office Suite 2007, MS Outlook, Excel, Visio, and SharePoint.
Role: Sr. Data/Business Analyst
- The Certification Data Services team is responsible for refreshing the CBT O integrated data for the integrated and independent releases. To meet demands of new data requirements, have synchronized data between Consumer, Card, HL I, GWIM, and TSYS, minimizing the need for data conditioning, and provide up-to-date test data which mirrors production data.
- Providing a process to support release and initiative testing with end-to-end data availability, variety, volume, accuracy of data, reusable and portable data in a cost effective manner.
- Supporting the ability to respond expeditiously to multiple, concurrent and frequent requests of testing efforts in test planning and execution.
- Improving the quality of testing QA , reduce post production defects and enhance customer delight by providing accurate data to meet testers' needs.
- Worked with the Selection team and product owners as a Data/Business Analyst to elicit, analyze, and document customer business selection requirements, reporting, analyze test scripts Quality Center , analyze data files that changed during testing and analyze data testing needs i.e. Sampling or other methods , SQL Queries, created traceability matrices, data mappings, and STM Excel documents.
- Skills: DB2/SQL, SQL Queries, IMS, QMF, TSO, JCL, FILE MASTER, VSAM, CA-EZTRIEVE Plus, MS Office Suite 2007, MS Outlook, MS Excel, SharePoint, and HP QUALITY CENTER 9.2.
Role: Sr. Technical Business Analyst
- The project involved the re-hosting/migration of the BCBSKS processing of proprietary, ITS, and FEP claims, from the IBM z/OS Mainframe to an open systems platform. Also included were sub-systems for billing, membership, archival, miscellaneous, and others.
- The task entailed analyzing and documenting the JCL job streams for the conversion team, which will be used as input to the conversion phase, using MS Office Suite 2007, Excel, and SharePoint.
- This short involvement ended when the management decision was made not to go the Micro Focus route.
Role: Sr. Systems Analyst
- The EDW Enterprise Data Warehouse consists of the core data of record of all the business areas of the company. This large data warehouse contained more than 1,100 DB2 tables.
- The business areas consist of CLASS Customer Lending and Solicitation System , CAL Customer Account Lookup , RISK Risk Management a system interfacing with credit bureaus and internal payment history , SCORE Systemized Computerized Online Real-time Environment System Front-end , SCORE Back-end , Marketing, Administration including Accounting and Securitization. The business products consist mainly of Personal Loans, Mortgages, Retail Loans, Real Estate Loans, Commercial Loans/Lending, Equity Loans, and Credit Risk.
- Performed business analysis, using the agile methodology inclusive of all artifacts BRD, FSD , held close customer relations CRM , coordinated and performed analysis, data sourcing, data mapping, data integrity research and corrective updates across DB2 tables, analyzed and designed business intelligence BI requirements based on specific current and historic data marts, data transformation/conversion, dimensional modeling, data migration, loan modifications, time estimations, development/coding, setting up of test plans, use and test cases, created traceability matrices, unit/system testing, and implementation of requirements from the above mentioned business areas, creating reports, problem solving, individual and in a team environment, utilizing IBM z/OS Mainframe, COBOL II, DB2/SQL, SQL Queries, SPUFI, JCL, TSO/ISPF, SDSF, DB2 Load/Unload, FILE MASTER, CA-7, VSAM, CA-EZTRIEVE Plus, Serena CHANGEMAN, INTERTEST, IDCAMS, LOTUS NOTES, and MS Office Suite including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Incorporated and implemented additional interfaces to two Credit Bureaus for Risk Management.
- Coordinated and performed the analysis and retirement of the data warehouse part of a Retail System.
- Supported all EDW applications during daytime and on an on-call basis during afterhours.
Role: Sr. Technical Business Analyst and Mainframe Developer
- Acquired an excellent knowledge of ANSI ASC X12 HIPAA 837, 27X, ITS IPP , Medicare and proprietary 4010A1/ICD-9 health/dental claims processing, in terms of validation/editing, eligibility, adjudication, payments, plans/programs and reporting.
- Elicited facilitated JAD and structured work sessions, etc. and documented customer business requirements BRD , business rules/regulations, functional/non-functional requirements, and business modeling, all translated to functional specifications FSD .
- Performed Medicare HIPAA EDI X12 transaction 837 to BCBS proprietary development programming and debugging , and ICD-9 code set rule changes, using the spiral and agile SDLC, ERDs, designed UI and UX, created user stories, test plans and test cases and performing integration and regression testing in the system testing regions, implementation, and production support.
- Later on, fulfilled a primary role the go to person and was the SME in the test services area.
- Performed business analysis BRD and FSD and data/systems analysis, data sourcing, diagrammatic process flows, context diagrams and design, hands-on programming, creating traceability matrices and user reports, testing, technical documentation and implementing new processes and process improvements of in-house testing software.
- Build and implemented various processes programs, jobs, and JCL procedures for the extraction, transforming and loading ETL of test data to test and UAT CICS regions for customer testing.
- Analyzed and designed business intelligence BI requirements for performance measurements, metrics, analytical analysis, and benchmarking, e.g. to determine trends of cost per claim type for top management, using past and current data.
- Re-engineered and improved the performance of processes for claim test data ETL by 90 .
- Coordinated the performing of benchmarks for before/after data file image comparisons and data integrity across major files, in preparation for change control and software bundle moves to the UAT and production environments.
- Performed close customer contact reviewed and resolved customer/tester/EDI/MQSeries issues related to system and UAT testing.
- IBM z/OS Mainframe, COBOL II, IMS DB/TM , DL/I, DB2/SQL, SQL Queries, QMF, CICS, MQSeries, SyncSort, VSAM, TSO/ISPF, SDSF, ENDEVOR, JCL, IDCAMS, MS Office Suite, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Access, CA-EZTRIEVE Plus, QMF, File-AID, HTML, MS Outlook, and TAO.
Role: Sr. Technical Business Analyst and Mainframe Developer
- Responsible for ATM/POS data warehousing system component hands-on programming, extensive testing including test plans and test cases, and running/controlling remote batch integration testing remotely via VPN, and utilizing IBM's Message Queue Interface MQI for MQ Series communication.
- IBM z/OS Mainframe, COBOL II, CICS, MQ Series, TSO/ISPF, File-AID, SyncSort, SDSF, IDE/ENDEVOR, JCL,
- Connect: Direct, VPN, CA-EZTRIEVE Plus, MS Office Suite, and Lotus Notes.
Role: Sr. Data/Business Analyst
- Responsible at first as a data analyst for the business sourcing of data, gap analysis, data cleansing and data mapping, and creating mapping rules between the current and future data state, resulting in a final data mapping artifact.
- Continued as a business analyst: building and maintaining customer relations, elicited business requirements for the business data conversion rules requirement specifications, defined use cases, analyzing and translating it into functional requirement specifications, and created traceability matrices for a data conversion from Ford Payroll / People Soft Personnel to Fidelity in-house, JAD, held negotiations, and working with a remote development off-shore team.
- MS Office Suite, MS Excel pivot tables , Word, PowerPoint, MS SQL Server, and MS Project.