- Demonstrated ability to perform triage investigation and research to resolve Wi-Fi/VoIP technical issues and Linux administration.
- Leverage more than a decade of extensive IT support expertise to efficiently manage network devices and IP based circuits for maximum performance and minimize downtime.
- Upgrading hardware on existing office network for commercial realtor.
- On-call IT support for both iPhone devices and email applications.
- Managing Catalyst switch installation and configurations during POTS to VoIP conversion on UT Campus.
- Supervising team of VoIP techs during initial surveys and phone deployments.
- Collaborating daily with third party to ensure compatibility between multi- vendor switches and various Polycom desk phones.
- Managing installation and testing of network switch/router augmentations.
- Creating configuration templates for field techs for various vendor routers.
- Administering UCCE VoIP network Cisco Call Manager/Unity .
- Managing voice gateways state-wide at 75 field offices and 9 call centers.
- Configuring new DIDs and Cisco IP phones for State of Texas agencies.
- Triage and resolution for problematic Frame Relay bundles and PRIs.
- Testing/bake-in for new ticketing system prior to company-wide rollout.
- Managing installation of Wi-Fi and WAN/LAN elements for temporary events.
- Implementing network switches, access points, controllers and Debian software upgrades on existing deployments.
- Verifying functionality of Wi-Fi elements on Linux server refresh and network augmentation project for over 20,000 deployments.
- Key member on Hilton project to integrate 2,000 existing POS/VLAN/WLAN configurations with new management servers and augmented topologies.
- Improved support at existing large permanent venues 100 to 3600 nodes by mapping WLAN topologies and documenting existing infrastructure.
- Initial point of contact for second-level and after-hours technical escalations.
- Documenting internal process/procedure for new hires and existing team.
- Completing migration of more than 2500 Blackberry devices to Blackberry Enterprise Server 5 before project deadline.
- Initial point of contact for all iPhone upgrades in Houston corporate office.
- Managing Cisco ASA/PIX firewalls, as well as provisioning and administering Catalyst switch and router configurations in collocation data center.
- Creating/editing DNS zone files and preparing ARIN SWIP templates.
- Configuring/supporting managed web hosting accounts and POP/NMAP/SMTP email services.
- Configuring Nagios monitor updates for host and service checks.
- Constructing physical data center infrastructure, including: 48U racks, cages, fiber runs, Ethernet drops, and 110/220 volt power runs.
- Administrating a 23-city Sonus SoftSwitch network while investigating VoIP service levels related to T-1s, DS-3s, IDSN PRI , DID, SIP and SS7 nodes.
- Analyzing packet sniffer captures and investigating log files to resolve PSTN and toll-free call termination failures.
- Initial contact for after-hours escalations from customers and network maintenance with transport vendors.
- Assisting with bug testing of new in-house ticketing system.
- Troubleshooting collocation, carrier T-1, T-3, metro-E, OC-48 issues data center routing and traffic analysis.
- Monitoring bandwidth and server health checks for multiple server clusters and escalating to system administrators when needed.
- Streamlining both phone and email support for and ticket management NNTP provider including DMCA resolution and multi-vendor client support.