Database Programmer and Web Developer with 15 years of experience in a variety of business sectors. Demonstrated effectiveness in communicating with both users and developers. Skilled at giving users what they need with room for future expansion.
- Created a new website for a local horseback-riding club, which improved over their old site in several ways.
- Created several multimedia presentations for a local nature center, using HTML/CSS as the main tools.
- DATABASE: Experienced with relational database design and development, data conversion, data warehousing, Visual Foxpro, queries, SQL.
- Developed a variety of data-import procedures, reports, and analyses in Hawkeye and Prosper databases
- Designed and wrote a major update to Long Haul Trucking LHT insurance-database billing subsystem. Reduced billing run-time by 50 and reduced errors by 80 using a data warehouse and automated error-finder functions.
- Saved time and money by updating the LHT printing subsystem. Update improved efficiency, increased fault-tolerance, and allowed maintenance by the users themselves.
- CREATIVE: Experienced science writer, photographer, and content-creator in a variety of formats, using many different tools.
- Modified photographs into customized portraits for use as riding club end-of-year awards.
- Created brochures, signs, T-shirts, educational displays, and multimedia presentations for New Hampshire Audubon.
- Created business cards, brochures, signs, and customized product images for personal photography business.
Extensive experience writing user guides, system specifications, and other technical documents
- Maintained and improved the Prosper and Hawkeye direct-mail marketing database systems, using skills in form design, report design, database queries, data analysis, data import, and documentation.
- Partnered with users and operations staff to manage services integration during a period of consolidation and restructuring after a corporate merger.
IT Technician / Web Developer / Professional Photographer
- Performed web-development, technical support, and project management and support for a wide variety of clients including retailers, distributors, service providers for-profit and non-profits.
- Operated a photography business focused on regional sports events, capturing action photos and selling the photos online.
- Maintained, documented and enhanced a database for tracking long-haul-trucking drivers insurance.
- Cleaned up data, designed and implemented new features, assisted in fixing data entry errors, and ensured successful monthly data uploads from Trucking System to the company mainframe.
- Supported Cash Ticket tracking database, a small but essential element of the GAIC accounting department. Improved database performance by 10-20 .
- Active volunteer for 6 years at Massabesic Audubon Center: helping with existing programs and designing new ones. Developed a new Pelagic Birding program, including arranging publicity, producing a brochure, teaching a preliminary workshop, and leading the trip itself.
- 2 years as volunteer Photo Editor for NH Bird Records, a quarterly publication of NH Audubon
- Bachelor of Science - Computer Science, Marietta College. Graduated Phi Beta Kappa.