An analytical and detail-oriented IT professional with comprehensive technical expertise, encompassing business intelligence, business analysis, data analysis, data warehousing, Agile methodologies, and project management. Utilizes exceptional leadership skills to increase IT value to business, solve complex and challenging issues, facilitate change, and contribute to organizational success. Adept at moving into new environments and drawing from existing experience to quickly adapt to new technologies, ensuring the continued growth of an organization.
- Database Management Systems: Teradata, DB2, AS/400, Oracle, SQL Server
- BI Software: Cognos BI, Crystal Reports, SQL Server Reporting, QlikView, Tableau, Cognos Framework Manager
- Other: SAP, Cognos Environment Administration, BSP MetaManager
- Administered, secured, supported, and installed Cognos 10 environment. Created install and test plans for Cognos environment. Consolidated data warehouse from Oracle 10g to Teradata. Migrated reporting environment from Oracle Discoverer to Cognos 10. Gathered and analyzed client requirements. Developed frameworks, reports, dashboards, and analytics for business decisions. Implemented BI/BA standards. Collaborated with ETL and DW staff to implement data marts for project needs.
- Applied Agile methodology for projects.
- Delivered content through Cognos, Tableau, and QlikView.
- Designed reporting environments for national and international projects.
- Transitioned RSC statewide from Business Objects Crystal Reports to COGNOS BI reporting environment. Directed meetings with business team leaders to outline business requirements. Worked closely with DBA to ensure accurate data. Implemented RSCs Cognos environment. Reduced report developing time from weeks to days. Trained RSC staff members in 45 locations across Ohio on Cognos. Developed new frameworks, reports, and dashboards based on business needs.
- Supported and administered Cognos environment and servers.
- Created accessible reports for the visually impaired.
- Appointed as board member for State of Ohio Cognos education board to guide state's use of enterprise learning license from Cognos. Acted as trainer for State of Ohio. Taught Report Studio 1 and 2 classes as well as Framework Manager classes to state employees.
Supported sales and marketing with Cognos and Business Objects reporting. Created testing procedures and documentation to assure data integrity. Participated in division system implementation of POS data warehouse as market data analyst expert. Defined marketing business needs and identified opportunities to utilize data. Developed data cubes to meet customer needs. Integrated purchased market data files supplied by data vendors with internal shipping and item data. Led outside data vendors and source files.