Seeking a challenging and rewarding position in the Information Technology field where I can utilize my skills and abilities to help the company and my teams exceed their goals.
Windows OS XP, Vista, 7, 8
Networking Standard Protocols
Windows Server NT, 2000, 2003, 2008, 2008 R2
Superior Customer Service Skills
Unix Operating Systems Linux, Fedora, HPUX, Solaris, CentOS, AIX
Oracle SL Console
Tivoli Storage Manager
IBM XIV Hardware
SQL Server Mgmt Studio
Microsoft Office 2003 thru 2010 Word, Excel PowerPoint, Visio
Remedy ticketing system experience
Excellent Communication Skills
EMC Symmetric Analysis Configuring
TSM Capacity monitoring
- Worked with Capacity Management team to setup a monthly scripts that will monitor all JCP Tivoli Storage Manager servers for capacity for monthly Infrastructure reports including detailed documentation write up for future knowledge base transfer.
- Onsite and Offsite DRM reports
- Setup script that send daily onsite and offsite Disaster Recovery tape list directly to offsite tape vendor Iron Mountain via Secure File Transfer Protocol SFTP .
- IBM ProtecTIER data migration to Data Domain
- Configured TSM server for setup of migration of data from IBM ProtecTIER VTL to EMC Data Domain.
PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Support JCP TSM backup and recovery environment which is 4 TSM servers with 11 instances, 3 NFS servers and 1 test server.
- Knowledge of EMC Data Domain and IBM ProtecTIER deduplication appliances.
- Implementation, configuration, and troubleshooting of Tivoli Storage manager TSM TDPO Tivoli Data Protection for Oracle environments
- Scheduling the scripts in the cron job.
- Restoration of client data in both GUI and CLI interfaces.
- Tivoli Storage Manager TSM LAN-Free setup and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge and administration of IBM and StorageTek automated SL8500, SL3000, L700 tape libraries and T10KA, T10KA, 9840D tape drives.
- Configuring TSM operations like expiration, migration, reclamation, etc.
- Knowledge of ACSLS software for direct troubleshooting of StorageTek tape libraries.
- Perform daily Health Check of TSM server.
- Implementation and troubleshooting for Tivoli Storage Manager TSM TDP for SQL.
- Define and configure Tivoli Storage Manager client schedules and administrative schedules.
- Registration of new TSM clients providing TSM client specific configuration per customer requests.
- Worked in conjunction with Oracle and other vendors for error reporting concluding faulty tape and tape drive problems resulting in tape and tape drive replacement for prevention of TSM infrastructure issues.
- Knowledge of HP Autonomy Connected Desktop Backup.
- Oracle KMS encryption administrator covering user setup, user resets, client upgrades, Quorum creation and drive encryption un-enroll and enrollment.
- Used organizational skills to coordinate onsite vendor arrival for direct troubleshooting reducing downtime of system hardware.
- Successfully closed 200 plus problem incidents resulting in the correct identification of root cause both specific to TSM and other aspects of JCP's IT infracstructure.Checking / running of DRM script for daily backups that occur.
- Monitored Tivoli Storage Manager TSM for server crashes, backup results scripting for troubleshooting of escalated tickets.
- Experience with troubleshooting of Sun Micro StorageTek SL8500, SL3000, L700 tape libraries.
- Reported on Problem Based Incidents resulting in meeting, follow up, consulting, and implementation of found, proven, and testing resolutions.
- Used Symmetric for storage and port allocation and monitoring of departments using EMC SAN arrays.
- Reported on storage allocation on file shares on Isilon and also using InsightIQ for follow up resulting in reclaiming of storage space through deletion or reallocation of shared data.
- Imaged over 500 VOIP phones including firmware package rollout and update implementation.
- Part of team responsible for rollout and first point of customer escalation of WIFI setup in over 900 JCPenney stores.
Technical Support Agent
- Entered and verified DNS records covering MX, TXT, CNAME, NameServer, and A Records. Including pointing of NameServers from current host to AutoRevo.
- Handled domain purchasing, and email setup of domain name s for current and new client dealership clients.
- Troubleshoot and configured MS Outlook server and port settings both in walk through via phone and direct remote connection to client computers.
- Responded to client inquiries of lost data through direct login of FTP site s for direct access to FTP file data.
Provide onsite initial technical support on issues regarding internet, intranet, database, and MS Office product troubleshooting for faster resolution on outsourced escalation.
Sr. Technical Agent troubleshooting proprietary 3D solid modeling software within an enterprise environment, including system crashes, slow-downs and data recoveries including covering and tracking priority issues, with responsibility for the timely documentation, escalation if appropriate , and resolution and closure of trouble tickets.