- Accomplished, multi-talented, results oriented visionary Global IT Senior Executive with a successful record of IT transformation in complex global organizations ranging from 1.0B to 25B in revenue. Reputed for defining and executing multiple large global initiatives that increased revenues, reduced costs and improved global collaboration by developing efficient and effective solutions. Highly valued strategic business partner that solves diverse and complex business problems in Consumer Products, Technology, Aerospace and Defense, Manufacturing, Retail, Industrial, Healthcare, Transportation and Logistics, Supply Chain, Insurance and Bio Pharmaceutical industries.
- Global Leadership Research and Development
- Alignment of business IT Strategy
- Restructuring Change Management
- Directly work with Sales, Engineering and Product Marketing
- Benchmarking/Best Practices/Metrics
- Data Warehouses BI/OBIEE
- Led 440M 18 Month Cost Reduction Initiative
- P L Responsibility
- B2B and B2C experience
- Building High Performing Teams
- Profitability Productivity Improvement
- 50 SAP, Oracle ERP and Microsoft Dynamics Implementations Globally
- Vendor Management Contract Negotiation
- 25 M A Projects and Wrote a M A and Integration Playbook
- Agile Methodologies
- Private Equity Experience
- Cloud Computing and SaaS migration and deployment
- Data Management and Data Analytics
- Global Mobile Strategy and Execution
- 25 SAP, Siebel, Oracle and Salesforce.com CRM implementations globally
- 25 Data Center Implementations and Consolidations
Sr. Vice President, Chief Information Officer
- Defined an Outsourcing initiative that transformed the Global IS organization from tactical to strategic. Baselined existing infrastructure and application services against manufacturing industry best in class metrics utilizing CoBit Maturity Assessment model. Completed vendor evaluation, selection and contract negotiation of outsourcing partner. Key components of the deal are:
- a 7 year contract is self -funded through savings it generates.
- b Included buyout of existing HP hosting contract.
- c Implemented Global Helpdesk package with 7 x 24 support in five local languages.
- d Moved company to defined industry SLA's for IS services.
- e Moved critical applications to being hosted in a Tier 3 versus Tier 1 rated data center.
- f Includes all critical infrastructure projects defined in the IS Strategic Plan
- Implemented the Outsourcing initiative, coordinating its execution and delivery by managing expectations and coordination of stakeholders globally. Services were transitioned in 2 months achieving 100 re-badging acceptance beating industry metrics for initiatives of this type and received recognition from Blackstone, other portfolio companies, and research firms such as Gartner, resulting in a white paper regarding this initiative.
- Generated savings of 1.7M and laid foundation for network computing by consolidating global network from 3 global vendors to 1 while IT was at .6 of revenue spend.
- Consolidated 68 e-mail domains and multiple platforms to 1 reducing costs 60 .
- Commenced virtualization/consolidation of 272 servers with 1M savings.
- Rolled out Oracle ERP EBS to Spain and France European businesses replacing multiple legacy systems integrated into the global system to improve working capital productivity, on time delivery, optimize production and reduce lead-time. These resulted in a 5M margin improvement potential.
- Improved responsiveness and reduced costs 24 by outsourcing all tactical and Application Maintenance Services.
- Implemented Global shared service desk providing 7 x 24 multi-language support.
- Upgraded global intranet providing Voice of the Leadership Voice of the Customer through streaming video.
- Produced global infrastructure and applications roadmap and guiding principles thus standardizing platform and vendors. This resulted in a 900 per laptop cost reduction across the enterprise.
- Implemented Ariba Spend Analytics to reduce 5M in global procurement spend.
- Saved 12 of IT operating budget in first year of transformation with 3 M over 2 years.
- Reduced Oracle licensing cost globally by 33 and maintenance by 15 and upgraded hosting hardware to ensure uninterrupted performance and scalability.
- Reducing costs 35 by negotiating cell phone and other telecom contracts.
- Implemented Global Program Management Office with standard templates and portfolio management methodology for quoting, prioritizing and scheduling global initiatives.
- Implemented Global Shared Services model for the IS organization resulting in standard, repeatable and measureable processes/services: Service Desk, Network Operations Security Operations DC Operations Back-up Recovery Change Advisory Board and Incident, Problem Change, Asset and Service Request management.
Sr. Vice President, Chief Information and Chief Technology Officer
- Shifted overall IT spend from 85 maintenance and 15 drive the business, to 55 maintenance and 45 drive the business in one year.
- Upgraded SAP to ECC6 and Oracle DBMS to Oracle 10.
- Implemented a worldwide Program Management office requiring best practice standards and employee certification through the Program Management Institute PMI .
- Renegotiated a 20M global telecommunications contract saving the company over 4M
- Championed a Value of IT program to raise the awareness and image in the business of IT. This resulted in six IT members being selected to the CEO's annual Circle of Excellence for the first time ever.
- Implemented Portfolio Plus online system for outside customers and business partners. It resulted in 70 of all orders, order tracking and invoicing being processed on line. This program was given J.P. Morgan's Innovation of the Year Award and was highlighted at the Bramble's Annual Stockholder's Meeting as one of the company's five major accomplishments of the year.
- Renegotiated all other separate vendor contracts reducing the overall spend IT spend by 16 million dollars while simultaneously delivering 4 million dollars of reciprocal revenue. This was the first time in Brambles history that IT was seen to be aligned with the business and able to generate revenue.
- Implemented Salesforce.com resulting in contact management and increased revenue by combining front and back end application to one platform.
- Implemented the first ever Brambles IT shared services model and built three geographic centers of excellence to be aligned with the business units.
- Created the first Global IT Strategy, as part of my 100 day plan, which integrated the management and operation of applications, infrastructure and services and support. This included an evergreening process to keep the IT strategy current and a sunset roadmap for retirement of legacy applications.
- Partnered to convince the CEO and Board to set up a Global Innovation Board and set aside 10M in funding to incubate next generation technology and trends. Mr. Infinger is a member of this Innovation Board that meets monthly and was patterned after the work done by Google and Procter and Gamble both are known for their innovative culture.
- Implemented SAP Netweaver Service Oriented Architecture SOA Suite and SharePoint development tools for common Master Data Management MDM to allow readily available information for decision making to run the businesses real-time. This allows for easier integration of multi-user, multi-platform, and multi-tasking operating systems environments.
- Negotiated and signed a 42M global outsourcing deal with Dell/Perot bringing a higher service level and reducing costs for Brambles. Thus ensuring that the geography specific functional roadmaps are in line with the global roadmap.
- Rolled out Siebel CRM upgrade and salesforce.com for effective sales management to focus on generating cash and sales.
- Partnered with the engineering organizations to open the doors at Google, Cisco and IBM so that they could share in best practices and expand enabling technologies.
Sr. Vice President, Chief Information Officer
- Led Program Management of Step Change initiative across company to reduce 440M in total costs over an 18 month period.
- Consolidated the global IT infrastructure into one SAP instance and upgraded from 4.6C to ECC6.0 Oracle 10G with standardized processes.
- Implemented Oracle CRM and Salesforce.com giving the sales team real time access for sales campaigns on one integrated platform.
- Led and implemented a 48M global outsourcing initiative utilizing a hybrid on and offshore model resulting in 7M in savings.
- Managed IT expense at cost effective 1.2 of net sales comparing favorably with Gartner metrics.
- Negotiated telecom contracts with SLA's lowering costs by 0.7M.
- Implemented VoIP telephony worldwide reducing telecom spend by 22 .
- Implemented SAP's warehouse management with transportation management resulting in inventory accuracy >99.7 order processing >99 at < 24 hours reducing costs 300K.
- Set up offshore application development 24x7 global help desk reducing costs shifted IT spend and resources from 90 of their time on maintenance activities to 60 .
- Built e-commerce website/portals for dealers. This became the second largest channel for revenue.
- Upgraded project execution with Project Portfolio Management moved subsidiary onto SAP.
- Implemented one standard Manufacturing Execution System across all Harman businesses.
- Improved supply chain visibility and order processing speed using Extranets EDI with electronic customer orders increasing from 30 to 80 .
- Implemented a company wide Program Management Office and methodology to ensure project execution to plan with rigorous program reviews and an executive level portal in SharePoint that allowed Senior management visibility.
- Took the IT department from a 1.0 on the COBIT maturity to 2.57 which is best in class for manufacturing companies with greater than 3B in revenue and over 10,000 employees.
- Optimized distribution network strategy in the US generating 5M annual logistics costs savings. Revamped network with 2 new DC's, consolidated warehousing across divisions supported by an enterprise system with returns capability. Structured KPI based contract with 3PL reducing order fulfillment from 72 hrs. to 95 out of stock parts at 2.5 of net sales. Variable selling expenses down 8 over 4 years. Consistent annual operational cost reductions led to best in class level of 1.58 of net sales.
- Negotiated freight contracts with global RFP process reducing costs by 4.3M.
Sr. Vice President, Chief Information Officer
- Led a 7 year 1 billion new outsourcing contract negotiation for legacy Raytheon services and renegotiated the acquired outsourcing contract from the purchase of Hughes Electronics. This resulted in a 23 460 million reduction in the cost of services.
- Opened software development center in Derry, Ireland resulting in a 40 reduction in legacy applications support costs. Worked closely with the local government and 2 Nobel Peace prize winners to make this a reality.
- Led the CIO technical team that created the infrastructure architecture for the aerospace exchange. The team was comprised of Mr. Infinger and the CIO's from Boeing, Lockheed Martin, EADS, and BAE Systems. The architecture allowed the exchange to be operational in 90 days, far ahead of competing exchanges.
- Created development standards and a strategic architecture plan and communicated it to the end-user community with defined service levels SLA's . Led the negotiation of Raytheon wide contracts resulting in 183 million in software and hardware licenses savings.
- Reduced IT budget from 1 billion to 550 million in three years. This included implementation of SAP Financials and Procurement at Corporate 3 months early, at a savings of 2 million.
- Implementation of SAP Manufacturing and Procurement in 5 manufacturing facilities under budget and on schedule. This included all production at Raytheon Aircraft for manufacturing of airplanes and parts.
- Implementation of Peoplesoft HR and Oracle CRM as well as Salesforce.com.
- Completion of IT strategic plan mapped to the company business plan and creation of companywide steering committee for IT projects. Consolidation and integration of 9 data centers into 2, resulting in 125 million in savings. With the acquisition of TI Defense Systems, he led the mainframe separation project that resulted in a 3 million savings per month to Raytheon.