Accounting Manager Resume
Confidential is a technology savvy accounting professional with more than sixteen years of experience. She possesses rich experience in running an accounting department (AP, AR, GL, Payroll, Contract, COA, Balance Sheet reconciliations and month end closings) on packaged applications. Confidential is detail - oriented and has excellent analytical and problem solving abilities in all facets of accounting in a team atmosphere.
GCS Premier, SAP, Oracle GL, AP, AR, Project Accounting, Confidential, Hyperion, Great Plains, QuickBooks, Sharepoint.
- Responsible for overseeing the all aspects of the Accounting department including AP, AR, GL Contracts and payroll
- Contract setup, all aspects of government contract billings-CPFF, T&M, FP., Time charging
- Managing 3 employees on day-to day basis, conducting quarterly and annual performance reviews.
- Interacting with Department heads and Project Managers to ensure the smooth work flow of information.
- Supervising AP and AR Accountants, Managing AR functions ensuring all related entries are recorded in accordance to GAAP, FAR.
- Review and approve all AP entries to ensure proper accounting treatment in books.
- Review and approve payroll runs.
- Train Accounting and HR employees on AP, AR, Contracts and Payroll.
- Led the development and documentation of all accounting policies and procedures for internal training and for DCAA Audits.
- Analyze and close the books, prepare monthly financial statements; Income Statement, Cash Flows Statement and Balance Sheet.
- Responsible for a portfolio of real estate development projects and maintaining Corporate accounting books.
- Applied GAAP to analyze financial information, processed accounting transactions through to financial statement for several active construction projects.
- Compiled and analyzed financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts in Confidential E1 system.
- Performed balance sheet reconciliations of general ledger accounts pertaining to assigned projects.
- Reviewed banking activity and A/P transactions pertaining to assigned projects.
- Recorded home settlements and COGS pertaining to assigned projects.
- Recorded and monitored interest from bank loans.
- Reviewed work of AP staff.
- Assisted in SEC reporting projects such as 10k reports.
- Individual responsibility for setting up and implementing Confidential -GCS premier software related to General Ledger, AP, AR, Contracts and Payroll.
- Led execution of all accounting processes including GL, AP, AR, Contracts, Payroll and month end closing.
- Oversaw the revenue recognition and ensured proper client billings.
- Setup, reviewed, and analyzed all contracts, budgets, and work plans for project management.
- Prepared/Reviewed and approved Balance sheet, Bank, GL reconciliation schedules, journal entries.
- Reviewed financial transactions and ensure proper accounting treatment in books.
Senior Accountant, (PeopleSoft OneGlobe & Hyperion)
- Involved in high volume, high pressure environment for closing the past years accounting books for SEC compliance.
- Coordinated with accounting departments from across all regions worldwide to identify and resolve accounting issues.
- Streamlined financial consolidation and reporting, improved efficiency, cycle time and integrity
- Responsible for recording and maintaining inter-company transactions within various global business units.
- Analyzed the inter-company transactions and engagement/Project Work In Process (WIP) information.
- Prepared justifications to support accounting treatments and reported to internal and external auditors for SEC compliance.
- Prepared, Reviewed and Approved reconciliation schedules, journal entries, disbursements requests and inter-company billings.
- Initiated and documented changes to support the Sarbanes Oxley controls
- Analyzed large amounts of financial data and distill the key issues into clear, concise presentations for the Controllers of various BE business units.
Senior Analyst/Accountant, (SAP Financials)
- Prepared annual/quarterly/monthly forecasts and budgets.
- Prepared month-end closing, monthly financial reporting packages and conducted ad-hoc analysis on financial and operating issues.
- Developed, implemented, and interpreted highly complex financial projects in support of financial planning and control strategies.
- Analyze data for recurring and baseline management and regulatory reports.
- Conducted profitability and ratio analysis/reporting.
- Managed payroll by uploading general ledger information from ADP (Pro business)into SAP
- AnalyzedSG&A P&L expense accounts and prepared month end analysis on material changes.
- Worked in cross functional teams to improve processes and procedures.
- Prepared monthly variance analysis on various accounts.
- Followed up and resolved any outstanding variance items.
- Implemented and monitored processes and procedures to ensure revenue and expense compliance with accounting principles.
- Set up, reviewed, and analyzed all contracts. Implemented revenue recognition methodologies, including percentage of completion (milestones), fixed price, and time and material.
- Developed knowledge expertise in Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and supported audit related questions and schedules.
- Analyzed revenue expense and related cost that affects project contribution margins.
- Prepared monthly revenue reports (Oracle) for the management. Tracked project progress on a monthly basis and advised project managers and senior management of variances from budget
- Processed and reconciled revenue booking to project Estimate to Complete (ETC) and reconcile unbilled receivables.
Senior Accountant (Consultant)
- Closed and analyzed balance sheet for seven sets of books at corporate.
- Monthly consolidation of financial statement and balance sheet.
- Responsible for analyzing and reconciling general ledger accounts, preparing bank reconciliation’s.
- Preparing financial statements such as the Statement of Cash Flows and Balance Sheet, maintaining general ledger accounts, variance analysis, assisting with the budget.
- Oversaw project accounting and processes to ensure the integrity of client related financial data.
- Oversaw client billing and revenue recognition accounting processes.
- Review project related financial reports to ensure accurate and timely invoicing to clients.
- Responsible for Ritz’s accounting - General Ledger & COA, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable..
- Analyzed and posted daily transactions. Prepared monthly reconciliation and financial statements.
- Set up and processed vendors and invoices.
- Developed Accounts Payable transition plan for Oracle conversion from legacy system.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes