- METHODOLOGIES: Waterfall Software Development Life Cycle SDLC
- Business Analysis: Requirements Gathering Use Case Analysis / Documentation / Realization High Level Design and Detailed Design Documents Test Plan/Strategy Document Workflow/Process Flow User Training Project Documentation
- Desktop SOFTWARE: MS Office, Lotus Notes
- Databases: DB2,IMS DB/DC, CA-DATACOM databases VSAM, GDG files.
- OPERATING SYSTEMS: Windows, MVS/ESA, OS/390, z/OS
- tOOLS: File-Aid, File-Age, File Manager, Control-M, QMF,TSO/ISPF,
- CA-7, Changeman, Endeavor, Librarian, Intertest, Panvalet, Abend Aid, Super-C, QC, Test Director, Xpediter, SPUFI, TELON
Role: Sr. Mainframe Developer
Tools Skills: IBM Mainframe, z/OS,COBOL,CICS,DB2, JCL,FILE-AID,VSAM,IMS DB, LIBRARIAN, CA-7,XPEDITER,TSO/ISPF,QMF
- Developed and coded online and batch applications COBOL, CICS, and SQL programs.
- Performed COBOL and CICS development with relational database DB2 using SQL, TSO, Abend-AID, File-AID, QMF, Xpediter, Librarian, IDCAMS, Syncsort other MAINFRAME Software development tools.
- Modified applications written in COBOL, CICS, Easytrieve2, DB2/SQL and SPUFI. Used Xpediter as the primary test utility for the COBOL, DB2applications.Updates were made to VSAM files as well as DB2 database tables. Responsible for developing business solutions as well as the creation and execution of test cases
- Designed coded and implemented changes using Cobol-2, CICS, VSAM, DB2/SQL, JCL.
- Primary responsibilities include designing, coding, and testing of COBOL, CICS, VSAM, DB2 programs for online applications executing changes and testing related batch job cycles.
- Librarian was used for program version controlling/configuration management and CA-7 is used for job scheduler. SDF2 was used to create online maps/screens for CICS.
- Responsible for creating several new CICS programs used to help drive development and maintenance of new online interface applications.
- Planning and coordination of daily development coding unit testing activities Primarily responsible for preparing the detailed technical design LLD documentation from the business specs and HLD doc. with active participation from tech. lead and other senior developers in the team.
- Responsible for Coding Testing of day to day agreed upon deliverables/project milestones, issues, problems, dependencies, assumptions, risks, conflicts and mitigation and resolution of the same and escalation to PM client management where warranted.
- Responsible for regular communication and necessary coordination with Client leads/Managers of the respective tracks, Reporting issues/progress during weekly/monthly status calls with offshore onsite project teams assisting Dev. Lead / PM in tracking and controlling the project / people issues till closure. Liaison with other Project Managers/BAs/SMEs and individual Software Development Managers to ensure delivery of a high-quality product which is compatible with release timeline targets.
- Responsible for dealing with challenges such as cross-team dependencies, changing schedules and constantly evolving fluid business requirements scope creep ,changing milestones, changing project schedules which has a huge impact on the project costs, timelines and the number of deliverables. Coordinated Change Requests CRs /Amendments / Extension projects through the change control board CCB reviews and approvals, with revised costs, schedules in accordance with the revised agreed upon business requirements.
Role: Senior Mainframe Developer
- As a Senior Developer of the Dev. Team for the project, involved in analyzing understanding of the Business Requirements, Scope Actively participating daily status meetings, Task execution Status report presentations.
- Assisting the Project Tech. Lead in preparation of design documents, implementing the code changes and unit testing of screens, programs, JCLs
- Where ever CMSe web part is involved testing of web-services and coding of necessary Mainframe programs Regression testing of Reports, Files and other screen/web functionality.
- Worked closely with the Systems Analyst, BAs and the SMEs, from project scope definition to final deployments.
- Coordinated deployments of applications across the IT environments such as DEV, Testing, production environments.
- After the C T phase, assisting the QA team in OPAC OPIN testing, defect analysis, rework with code fixes for defects raised and retesting and defect resolution, assisting code movements thru different endeavor regions and post implementation support.
- Worked with various cross-functional teams to deal with infrastructure setting for various environments such as DEV, TEST and PROD, Database Teams, Architecture teams and User Interfaces design teams.
Role: Senior Mainframe Developer
Tools Skills: S/390, Changeman, FILE AID, VSAM, DB2, IMS DB/DC,JCL,COBOL,CA-7
- Worked on the deliverables for the two Mainframe applications ESPS RPMS as part of the SWIFT Clone GO process.
- Responsible for base lining the Appl. Code from FORD production region.Using the FLASHCOPY technique, copied and moved the code from Baseline Envt to TestCycle1 envt within FORD envt.
- Responsible for scheduling, conducting the SME KT Sessions for the respective applications with FORD IT SMEs.
- Responsible for Copying and moving the Appl. components from TC1 LPAR to TC2 LPAR on the JLR Envt using high speed connection
- Involved with preparing the day to day agenda for KT Sessions along with Application Cloning Team and Data Separation teams based out of both at Onsite and Offshore. Responsible for filling in the information so gathered into the Phase deliverable documents.
- Responsible for coordination, communication and Review of the prepared documents and for getting the Gate Review done and final approval and signoff from the Business SMEs of both FORD JLR
- Participated in Daily Team status meetings, reporting on Project execution Status report presentations.
- Worked closely with the Systems Analyst, Architects, DBAs and the SMEs from project scoping to final deployment to production.
- Coordinated deployments of applications across the IT environments such as DEV, Testing, UAT, Pre-production, Production and EFO Emergency Fall Over environments.
- Worked with infrastructure teams in setting up of the environments for Baseline DEV , TEST, UAT, EFO and PROD, provided capacity requirements to meet the application performance and SLAs.
- Oversaw the Appl. Code Data Migration, testing, deployment, and performance monitoring of the application through UAT and Production with aggressive delivery schedules.