Analyst / Developer with experience in application development and support, data warehousing, database development, administration and analysis.
Environment/OS: Windows, Linux, HP-UX Language: SQL, PL/SQL, Python, C#, ASP.Net, ADO.Net, ODP.Net, Linux Shell Script, HTML Database: Oracle Database 10g/11g, Microsoft SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 Tools: Visual Studio 2005/2008/2010 Professional and Team Editions, SQL Navigator, TOAD Software: MS Office/Visio, MS SharePoint, TC Technology GoSync! Source Control: Microsoft Visual Source Safe, Clear Case Enterprise Application: Oracle Utilities CC&B (Customer Care and Billing), ESRI ArcGIS 9.3.1
- Oracle PL/SQL Developer Certified Associate (OCA) - Oracle
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS): SQL Server 2008, Implementation and Maintenance - Microsoft
- Sun Certified Java Associate (SCJA) - Sun Microsystems
- ITIL Version 2.0 Foundations IT Service Management Information Systems Examination Board (ISEB)
Confidential (Jacksonville, FL) May 2011 - May 2012 Senior Application Analyst
- Responsible for supporting the GIS system and Enhanced Outage Information System (EOIS).
- Performed enhancements by adding data sets, feature classes and fields to the GIS system and to the GoSync! mobile extract. Troubleshot application and integration issues. Made fixes, tested and deployed C# applications using the ArcGIS API. Also worked database issues with stored procedures and views in Oracle 10g database.
- Wrote Python script that used the ArcGIS API to cache the data features of the GIS web application.
- Maintained legacy Java application (EOIS). Monitored system performance and maintenance. Performed enhancements on the database interface with stored procedures and views. Troubleshot integration issues with the IVR system in the database interface. Setup application on backup server for disaster recovery and performed DR test.
- Documented system, process, and procedural information on MS SharePoint site.
Confidential (Jacksonville, FL) August 2010 - April 2011 Data Warehouse Developer
- Responsible for development of ETL code and support of multi-client 6 TB Oracle 11g data warehouse.
- Collaborated with the data warehouse architect team in developing and testing ETL jobs in order to meet project requirements.
- Developed both Linux and SQL scripts to validate changes made to database.
- Created code and design documentation, test results documentation and knowledge transfer documents.
- Performed data analysis to identify specific data conditions and troubleshoot problems.
Confidential (Jacksonville, FL) January 2009 - November 2009 Software Developer
- Responsible for development and enhancements of MRO/MTO software for U.S Navy contractor.
- Managed eight MS SQL Server databases.
- Performed database maintenance, modifying maintenance plans for scheduled database backups and synchronized remote mobile databases with master database.
- Database development on SQL Server 2005, created update scripts, new stored procedures in T-SQL modified stored procedures, views, added functions, CLR assemblies in C# 2.0, database analysis and tuning.
- Database development with Oracle 10g database modifying packages, stored procedures, functions, views and triggers.
- Responsible for maintaining ASP.Net web applications. This included troubleshooting and working with clients in remote locations.
Confidential (Jacksonville, FL) March 2008 - October 2008 Associate Applications Analyst
- Responsible for support, development and enhancements of JEA's CC&B (Customer Care and Billing) system. Worked with Business Analysts to develop and enhance CC&B Java batch programs with the SPL Java API.
- Moved nine Visual Basic 6 applications to a development server and new production server. These programs are responsible for the inventory of all JEA's electric and water meters.
- Worked in upgrading Itron MV-90 xi v1.0 to Itron MV-90 xi v2.0 and upgraded the Pervasive SQL (PSQL) database from version 8 to version 10.
- Created a C# 2.0 Windows application to validate JEA's meter inventory files for quality and accuracy from vendor. This saved man-hours and improved the accuracy of the data input in to JEA's CC&B system.
- Enhanced JEA's billing reports using Crystal Reports 2008 running in a Business Objects Server which interfaces with JEA's CC&B system. Added capabilities so that it could output reports in Excel and or Word format by enhancing the existing java code with the Business Objects Java API.
- Wrote queries from Oracle 10g database and created reports using Crystal Reports for business users.
Confidential (Jacksonville, FL) April 2007 - March 2008 Junior Programmer / Analyst
- Managed four MS SQL Server databases.
- Responsible for maintenance, support and enhancements of all Visual Basic 6 applications.
- Rewrote two Visual Basic 6 desktop applications into web based n-tier applications with C# 3.5 .Net and ASP.Net.
- Responsible for maintenance and support of the Visual FoxPro and C# server applications.
Confidential (Jacksonville, FL) April 1999 - April 2007 Office Manager
- Oversaw many of the day-to-day office functions of the business, to include recordkeeping and interacting with customers and vendors. Coordinated with customers to schedule projects and resolve problems.
- Developed MS Access databases to transition from paper to electronic records to track jobs, projects, and inventory.
- Created reports and spreadsheets using MS Access and Excel.
- Managed accounts receivable and tracked accounts to ensure payment. Maintained a 4K SKU inventory, to include making purchases of up to $90K per month.
Education: B.A., Political Science with Public Administration Minor
- Relevant coursework included: Public Administration and Management and Policy Making.
A.S., Computer Programming and Applications (Microcomputer Specialty)
- Relevant coursework included: Oracle SQL & PL/SQL, Object Programming with Java, C, Visual Basic 6, Information Systems (SDLC) and Technical Report Writing
B.A., German with Business Minor,
- Relevant coursework included: Principles of Accounting I & II, Managerial Accounting, Business Law, Financial Management and Risk Management & Insurance.
A.A., Associates in Arts