- 7 years of efficient, dynamic, result-oriented experience in IT, Design & Development of OLAP, Decision Support Systems, Business Intelligence, and Client/Server Applications.
- Expertise in a range of Hyperion products including Essbase, Hyperion Planning, Web Analysis, Integration Services, Smart view and Spreadsheet Add-In, in Windows environments.
- Experience with installation, configuration of 11.1.2 versions and migration from 9.3.1 versions.
- Expertise in ETL tool like FDM and ODI.
- Expertise with relational drill-through, managing spreadsheet templates, reporting on web-analysis and Interactive Reporting.
- Expertise in Calc Scripts, MaxL, MDX Querying, Esscmd, Report Scripting, Performance tuning, thorough understanding of Essbase data mining framework.
- Proficiency as Essbase Administrator in maintaining Essbase, managing database settings, optimizations, thorough understanding of ASO and BSO cube architecture, Essbase Cache settings, optimizing calculations, attributes, storage security, optimizing reports.
- Applied in-depth understanding of STAR and SNOWFLAKE SCHEMA modeling techniques to develop optimized OLAP models and meta-outlines using relational and other database sources.
- Skilled in installations, upgrades, and configuration procedures in client/server environments.
- Result oriented experience performance optimization, tuning, performance analysis, and creation of debugging procedures through development of dynamic test cases.
- Expertise in building Financial Budgeting and Forecasting OLAP applications with Essbase.
- Applied Brio Reports knowledge for reports generation and portal development.
- Extensive experience with Migrations of Essbase version 6.x & 9.x.
- Experience with Clarity Tool.
- Expertise in building Relational Databases using SQL Server and Oracle and knowledge of Essbase server upgrades.
- Proficiency in data warehousing techniques, application of PL/SQL for migration, querying, development, end-user training, parallel testing and production environment for Essbase.
Analytic Tools : Hyperion Essbase System 11.x/9x/7x/6.5.1, Essbase Administration Services (EAS), Hyperion Essbase Integration Services (EIS)9.x/7.x, Hyperion Shared Services Analysis Tools : Hyperion Planning 11.x/9.3.1/3.x,Hyperion Business Rules (HBR) Reporting Tools : Web Analysis, Hyperion Analyzer 6.5, Hyperion Reports 7.2, Hyperion Financial Reporting 9.x, OBIEE/OBIEE+, Interactive reporting, SQR production reporting Excel Add-in Databases : Oracle 11g/10g/9i, SQL Server 2005, 2000 Languages : MDX, MaxL, ESSCMD, SQL, PL/SQL Scripting Operating Systems : IBM AIX 5.x, 6.x, MS Windows 2003, 2008, NT/XP/2000/98/95/DOS Dimensional Modeling & Integration Tools : Star Schema and Snow Flake Schema Modeling, Fact and Dimensional Tables, Physical and Logical Data Modeling FDQM 11.x/9.x, EIS 9.x, 7.x Computer Software : Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, Stat graphics, SPSS
BS in Commerce
Confidential, Alpharetta, GA May 2011 - Current Hyperion (EPM) Developer & Support Lead Worked on the upgrading / migration activity of Essbase System 9 toOracle EPM126.96.36.199 Duties includes Migrating Planning apps, artifacts, Essbasse Standard Alone Cubes and their objects, security. Automating script, validating data,testing and support end-users on security related issues, troubleshooting their problems andmaintaining applications. Roles and Responsibilities:
- Involved in Migration from 9.1.2.to 11.1.2.
- Used Essbase Administration Services for activities such as filter creation, creation of users, creation of groups, and migration of cubes and maintenance of Essbase Servers.
- Involved in production support and maintenance of existing (ASO & BSO) cubes. Worked as a team member in Hyperion Essbase & Planning migration activity.
- Responsible for end to end build and testing of all the applications.
- Involved in improving performance of the applications by adding new dimensions and optimized data retrieval by creating materialized views
- Maintained application security and added/deleted users per management requests.
- Was responsible for all the scripts migrations and their validations in all the environments.
- Assist Financial Analysts to load and validate their budget, and prepare Actual, forecasts, budget, ad-hoc reporting and management reporting by working with the departments' managers.
- Provide support to users on access related issue and to some users, installing essbase add ins and smart view.
- Involved in testing the performance of the scripts in UAT and preparing test cases and results.
- Involved in Knowledge transfer and development transition to the other team members and to production team (onshore and offshore).
- Analyzed financial results and prepared web based financial budgeting and forecasting with Hyperion Planning tool to support business managers make profitable decisions.
- Created groups and users for different business segments and then assigned security and filters to define Essbase privileges on them.
- On time completion of all assigned tasks and desirables meeting the business expectations and timelines.
- Expertise in development and performance tuning and optimizations for data/dimension loads, database restructuring (BSO/ASO), calculations, overall Essbase performance. Key techniques used were resetting databases, grouping sparse member combinations, using parallel calculations, managing caches, using two-pass calculations, changing buffer size, setting numeric precision
Environment: Oracle EPM suite 188.8.131.52, Oracle System 9 Suite (Hyperion Planning, Essbase, EAS, APS, Shared Services, Workspace, Hyperion BI+), Smart View, Excel -Add-in, Oracle 10g, ODI 6.1, Windows 2008 R2 Server
Confidential, Dover, NHMar 2010 - Mar 2011 Hyperion Developer/Admin Started from the first phase of implementation where I was involved in installing the EPM products in the development environment. Involve in requirement gathering, loading data, metadata using both ODI and FDM. Roles and Responsibilities:
- Involved in requirements gathering, design, development, implementation, production, testing and implementation of planning project
- Applied HP for data management processes for gathering data, calculating, approvals, consolidations, and submissions of data. .
- Involved in performance issues of FDM mapping.
- Used ODI and FDM to extract data from people soft.
- Loaded Data to multiple target applications of multiple systems using Financial Data Management (FDM).
- Translated end user requirements into application design specifications.
- Developed ASO and BSO cubes using Hyperion Essbase that contained financial data that was retrieved using FR reports and supported Excel Add-in for MS Excel 2003
- Developed Hyperion Planning application (full cycle implementation) for budgeting and forecasting requirements. Worked with business analysts for requirements gathering and creation of design documentation.
- Worked on the performance tuning (Cube Optimization) of the BSO cubes for the faster data load, better calculation time and for faster retrieval of the reports using the Dense/Sparse settings, Cache settings, making changes in Outline formulas and by optimizing Calc scripts Performed data loads using FDM.
- Worked extensively with Data forms, Data grids, Rules, Journal entries, FDM, Calculations, and Consolidations.
- Created enterprise view of both Financial and Analytical Master Data Management.
- MS Excel Report generation with VBA programming for Essbase.
- Created maps to handle sign flips for some accounts.
Environment: Hyperion 184.108.40.206/9.3.1, Hyperion Essbase 220.127.116.11/9.3.1, Hyperion Financial Reports, ODI, Hyperion Web Analysis, Workspace, Shared Services, Hyperion Planning 18.104.22.168/ 9.3.1, ESSCMD, Calc Script, ESSCMD, MaxL, MDX, SQL
Confidential, Columbus, OH Jan 2009 - Feb 2010 Hyperion Admin The application provides business intelligence analysis services to Confidential on Direct Expenses, Revenue and Balance Sheet, Sales and expense allocation, IC offsets and Salary and Benefits modeling. Budgeting Application is the official database for Business Line Reporting for Chase. The Reports are consolidated to Corporate Level and line of business level. Multiple combinations of Actuals and Forecast are stored in separate versions. Roles and Responsibilities:
- Involved discussions with business users to derive requirements. Lead design sessions and created functional and technical design documents.
- Expertise in designing and developing of ASO and BSO cubes to support Planning, Forecasting and Reporting.
- Optimized the various cache settings to enhance the performance of Cubes.
- Created Unix scripts using MaxL to automate Essbase application refresh process (dimension building, data loading and calc scripts).
- Involved in developing Report scripts to export data from ASO applications.
- Extensively used calculation commands and functions to improve the performance of applications. Developed Calc Scripts for complex calculations and optimized them.
- Prepared templates for achieving quarterly forecasts, annual budget, ad-hoc reporting and management reporting by working with the business managers
- Responsible for security provisioning using shared services across the entire Hyperion environment.
- Actively involved in project development life-cycle from analysis of Functional Specifications Document (requirements gathering), application design, development, parallel testing, rollout into production environment, implementation and end-user training across subsidiaries.
- Worked with offshore team in order provide Overnight processing tasks.
- Created reports Using Smart View and Excel Add-ins.
- Prepared Quarterly forecasts, annual budget, ad-hoc reporting and management reporting by working with the business managers.
- Worked Extensively on Shared Services, Essbase applications 9.3.1. Performed monthly ,weekly and quarterly data loads and verifications.
- Performed daily backups of Hyperion data. Helped facilitate creation and loading of Monthly, quarterly budget data.
- Worked with the business users directly on Drill through issues
- Responsible for month-end tie-out and provide related support to financial controllers.
Environment: Essbase Administration Services 9.3.1/7.1.6, MAXL, Hyperion Work Space 22.214.171.124,Hyperion Integration Services, Smart View, Essbase Excel Add-In, Oracle 10g, Solaris, Unix / AIX Shell Scripts
Confidential, India Mar 2008 - Oct 2008 Oracle Developer Roles and Responsibilities:
- Worked extensively on detailed system analysis, design and development of the system lifecycle.
- Used Data Modelers before implementing the data model, giving inputs about the required indexes, constraints, foreign key relationships.
- Worked on Oracle and SQL Server databases.
- Worked on PL/SQL for writing Stored Procedures, Packages, Functions and Database Triggers.
- Developed PL/SQL scripts for back end validation/ updates.
- Used ASP and Developer 2000 for designing the client server applications.
- Developed Manual Test Scripts for unit testing.
- Performed Integration testing simulating a real time production environment.
- Developed reports using SQL* Plus and Crystal Reports.
Environment: Pl/ SQL, Windows 2003
Confidential, Bangalore, India Sep 2007 - Feb 2008 Business System Analyst Mainly responsible for testing, documenting and recommending software and systems to achieve company's business requirements Roles and Responsibilities:
- Providing support and help in the development of system processes
- Responsible for understanding the limitations of the systems and providing solutions for them
- Responsible for managing projects to improve system process
- Responsible for working with the programmers and other system experts
- Responsible for communicating with the customers and understanding their requirements
- Prepared BRD and converted into functional specifications using requirement management tool.
- Provide technical and procedural support for User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
Environment: Pl/SQL, Oracle, Win2000
Confidential Sep 2005 - Aug 2007 Customer Service Representative Worked in various out bound and inbound project where my job as a customer service was involved in finding potential customers to help them refinance their mortgage, understand their present financial situation enter data and schedule appointment. My other project in the 24/7 also includes finding potential customer for chase credit card which involves gathering requirement and validating the information we have. Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ability to utilize PC keyboard efficiently and accurately. Proficient data entry skill.
- Demonstrate verbal communication skills and ability to convey information clearly and effectively.
- Good knowledge on credit card
- Operate our phone system; communicate over the phone with our customers and vendors.
- Proactively escalate and communicate call center technology issues to appropriate personnel.
- Adequately respond to their comment, request and problems
- Recognize own strengths and developmental needs and take action to leverage developmental opportunities.