- Around 8 years of Hyperion experience in design, analysis, development and implementation of various applications in client/server environment usingHyperion Essbase,Hyperion Planning, Shared Services and Smart View on Windows and UNIX environments.
- Extensive experience working with multiple Hyperion products such as Hyperion System 11/9 Essbase, (Reports, Analyzer, Smart View, Analytic Services), Hyperion planning 220.127.116.11/18.104.22.168/9.3.1.
- In-depth experience in Hyperion components such as Essbase Excel Add-In and MaxL Automation. For Essbase maintained database optimization while performing Dynamic Dimension Building, Data Loading, Calculation Scripts, Report Scripts, and Cache Management.
- Expertise in Essbase cube analysis, design and maintenance, Essbase database administration upgrades, performance tuning and optimization on Windows and UNIX environments.
- Proficient in Hyperion Essbase Application Manager modules; Outline Editor, Report Editor, Calc Script Editor, and Data Prep Editor.
- Expertise in writing custom Essbase calculation scripts, automating the Essbase cubes using MaxL, ESSCMD and batch scheduling the MaxL scripts.
- Extensive experience in application designing and development using Oracle EPM system 11.1, Hyperion Essbase 22.214.171.124/126.96.36.199/9.x/7.x/6.x,Hyperion Financial Reports, ESSCMD, MAXL, Essbase Excel Add-In and Hyperion web Analyzer.
- Hands on experience in installation, configuration and maintenance of Hyperion Shared services 9.x/11.x, Hyperion Essbase 9.x/11.x, Administration Services 9.x/11.x.
- Created the Meta Data using EPMA (Data synchronization, ADS files)
- Experience in creation and maintenance of finance, planning and reporting cubes across Block storage (BSO) and Aggregate Storage (ASO) Essbase kernels.
- Experience in architecting complete data models combining multiple transaction systems ETL tools INFORMATICA Power Center 7.0 and relational and multidimensional data stores for star schema, snowflakes schema designs and reporting tools.
- Experience in developing complex reports in Hyperion Interactive Reporting Studio V 9.3.1 (BRIO) & Hyperion Web Analyzer 6.5/7.0.
- Good understanding of coding in PL/SQL and very strong in performance tuning and database design expert level Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i /7.x.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle pressure in coordinating multiple tasks in a work/project environment. Versatile team player with excellent analytical, presentation and inter-personal skills.
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal competencies along with detail oriented and problem solving skills in the technology arena.
Reporting Tools: Hyperion Financial Reporting Studio, Hyperion Reports, Web Analysis, Hyperion Analyzer, Hyperion Spreadsheet Add-in, Hyperion System 9/11 Smart View. Databases: ESSBASE 9 BI+, Oracle 9i/10g/11g, DB2, SQL Server 2005/2008, MS Access Web &Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, Web Logic 8.1.2, Web Sphere 6.1
OLAP Expansion Tool: Hyperion System 9/11.x BI+ Analytic Administration Services, Hyperion Planning System 188.8.131.52/184.108.40.206/9.3.1/9.3.0/4.0/3.5.1, Hyperion Shared Services 9.3, Web Forms, Hyperion Essbase 220.127.116.11/18.104.22.168/9.3.1/7.X/6.X, Essbase Integration Services 7.X/6.X (EIS), Hyperion System 9 Smart View, Essbase Excel Add In, ESSCMD, MAXL. Languages: C, C++, SQL, PL/SQL, Java Operation Systems: Windows 95/98/2000/XP/vista/07, UNIX.
Confidential, Alpharetta, GA Jun 2010 - Till date Role:EPM Planning Administrator Responsibilities:
- Worked onPlanning BSOapplications, in design and developing them, for the Actual, Budget and Forecast cycle process.
- Involved in allPlanningandEssbaseTechnical developments.
- Involved in Gathering Business Requirements.
- Involved in systeminstallation,configurationand softwareupgradesof Hyperion Essbase, planning.
- Closely worked with Finance/Accounting/FP & A Teams
- Did work on22.214.171.124version and126.96.36.199version together and involved inMigrationas well.
- DevelopedBlockStorage Cubes(B.S.O) cubes.
- Created Data Source Configuration throughHyperion Configuration Utility 9.3in Hyperion System 9 Foundation.
- DevelopedOutline for the cubeand created various filters as per user requirement.
- Responsible for automating jobs and processes inEssbase and Planning.
- Wrote Business Rules and Assigned to the Data forms According to the requirements.
- Allowed users to go from analyzing data in their Hyperion Planning.
- Was responsible for providing support for the projectteam in production.
- Involved the day-to-day maintenances and Production Application Support Activities.
- Has experience in maintaining the outline before data loads.
- Worked on Data Loads and Calc Scripts.
- Extensively worked on OptimizingAggregate Storage Option.
- Worked on LCM process to copy the business rules, data forms etc for planning.
- Provided security to the users for the data forms and dimensions.
- Transferred the users from one cost center to another cost center.
- Involved in training users on Excel add-in and Smart View.
- Hands onHyperion Shared Servicesto Create User directories, Users, groups, projects, and applications.
Environment:Hyperion Planning 188.8.131.52/184.108.40.206/9.3 Essbase220.127.116.11/9.3, Essbase Excel Add-In 7.X, Oracle 11g/10g, MS Excel 2003/ 2007, Windows XP.
Confidential, IL Jan 2009 - May 2010 Role: Sr. Hyperion Planning and Essbase Developer Responsibilities: Responsibilities:
- Involved in developing design specifications of ESSBASE cube with Customers.
- Developed Aggregate Storage Cubes (A.S.O) cubes using ESSBASE.
- Extensively involved in designing and modifying the outlines for ESSBASE Cubes.
- Developed Calc Scripts, Rule files and Report Scripts for data loads and dimension builds.
- Developed batch scripts using MaxL and ESSCMDs to load data from relational systems database to ESSBASE cube.
- Developed OLAP Models and Meta outlines using ESSBASE Integration Services from star schema in relational databases.
- Involved in installation of Hyperion Planning on Windows environment.
- Created Data Source Configuration through Hyperion Configuration Utility 9.3 in Hyperion System 9 Foundation. Created and registered Planning applications in Hyperion System 9 Workspace.
- Designed and developed several ad-hoc and financial reports using Hyperion Analyzer and Hyperion Interactive Reports.
- Created Complex and Dashboard Reports using Interactive Reporting.
- Developed and created Web forms for users to input the data into ESSBASE cube through Hyperion Planning.
- Worked extensively on Budget process and Budget Administrative tasks.
- Involved in Structure changes and creating Alternate Roll up’s in Web Forms.
- Developed Calc scripts to calculate values like Hourly Wages, Depreciation, Benefits and Revenue.
- Involved in Migration of Hyperion Reports and Analyzer Report groups
- Used ESSBASE Administration Services for activities such as filter creation, creation of users, creation of groups, and migration of cubes and maintenance of ESSBASE Servers.
- Presented detailed analytical reports to higher administrative people using Hyperion Planning induced collaborative decision making.
- Optimized the applications to bring down the runtime and database size considerably.
- Involved in Error Handling, Trouble shooting, handling restructuring and server problems.
- Involved in production support and maintenance of existing cubes.
- Worked as a team member in Hyperion ESSBASE& Planning Implementation.
- Involved in database and security refreshes in Hyperion Planning.
Environment:Hyperion System 9, Hyperion System 9 BI+, Hyperion ESSBASE 9.0.1, Hyperion Planning 4.1.1, Hyperion Analyzer , Excel Spreadsheet Add-in, Hyperion Application Link, Hyperion Reports , Workspace, Windows 2003 Server, SQL Server 2005/2008.
Confidential, Newark, NJ Feb 08 - Jan 09 The Prudential Insurance Company of America, one of the largest life insurance companies in the United States. PICA offers a variety of products and services, including life insurance, mutual funds, annuities and retirement-related services and administration, asset management, banking and trust services, real estate brokerage franchises, relocation services and, through a joint venture, retail securities brokerage services. The aim of the project was to provide the top management and end users, a fully functional data warehouse for each of the business segments separately and as per the user requirements. Development of various cubes, developing calc scripts, developing load rules forecast and budgeting for the next 24 months, combining various cubes, SQL performance tuning, optimization of calc time, were few of the performed tasks. Role: ESSBASE Developer Responsibilities:
- Designed, developed, and implemented multi-dimensional databaseapplication using ESSBASE & Planning.
- DevelopedOutline for the cubeand created various filters as per user requirement.
- Used ESSCMDin an interactive and batch mode to load data files.
- Developed andoptimized Data Loads and Calculations.
- DevelopedCalc Scripts to calculate various figures for the outline.
- ConfiguringODBCEnvironment Variables.
- PreparingRelational Data Sources, Consolidating Relation data & developed the OLAP model & Meta -Outlines,Implemented Star Schemaand usedEIS to interface with the company’s existing Oracle data warehouse.
- Involved in cube creation using Essbase Integration Services.
- Used Perl-script to load user data
- Using Essbase Integration Services configured drill-through paths so that users can drill from summary Essbase reports back to the source data.
- Extensively worked on Optimizing Aggregate Storage Option
- Developed andmaintained Rulefiles, Calc Scripts, MaxL Scripts & Reports.
- Developed theCalc scripts to calculate complex valueslike Acquisition Cost, Gross Margin / Inventory Turn, Revenue / Payroll Hr, Total Head Count, Revenue per QTY, Revenue per Square Foot, Return on Assets, Property, Plant & Equipment, Cash Cost Per User and YTD Commitment & Variance.
- Involved inPerformance Tuningto minimize data load time.
- Analyzed all dimensions and members in the ESSBASE outline.
- Performed tuning by using theDense/Sparse settings and developed the required alternate rollups for reports.
- Responsible forPerformance Monitoring, Backup and Recovery of the cube.
- Implemented various troubleshooting procedures torecover databases.
- Developed thePL/SQL stored proceduresfor implementing the business logic.
- Constructed Oracle DatabaseTriggers and Indexes.
- Responsible for CodeReviews and PL/SQL Code Tuning.
Environment:Hyperion ESSBASE 7.1.2,Hyperion Planning 3.5, ESSBASE Integration Services 7.x, Microsoft Excel 2000, MS SQL Server 7.0, Windows NT/2000, UNIX, Oracle 10g , PL/SQL, SQL*Loader.
Confidential, Hyderabad, India Dec 06 - Jan 08 Spry is experienced in designing and developing high quality, independent solutions at an affordable cost. Spry works with its customers to deliver a broad range of services to help them succeed in emerging digital economy by combining technological innovation, strategies, and management services with the market-leading systems of our strategic partners to deliver e-Solutions. The company is using Essbase to build multidimensional Essbase cubes, to present the financial information to the end users to make better business decisions and uses Hyperion suite of products for financial analysis, budgeting and reporting. Role: Hyperion Developer Responsibilities:
- Involved in gathering requirements and developing a project plan.
- Involved in installation and up-gradation of Hyperion Essbase and Essbase Integration Services.
- Developed Batch files and Rules files to upload data from financial system’s database to Essbase cube.
- Involved in creating Rule files for multi-dimensional databases.
- Worked on Data Loads and Calc Scripts.
- Implemented calculation engine that includes robust mathematical functions for computing derived data.
- Created OLAP Model and Meta Outline for Essbase OLAP Server using Essbase Integration Services.
- Was responsible for reporting using the ASO cubes
- Implemented star schema and used EIS to interface with the company’s existing Oracle 10g data warehouse.
- Designed and developed numerous applications with excellent balance of dense and sparse dimensions.
- Developed Excel Templates for user interface in Essbase database.
- Involved in system installation, configuration and software upgrades from Essbase version 6.5 to 7.1.
- Prepared quarterly forecasts, annual budget, ad-hoc reporting and management reporting by working with the business managers.
- Used Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) for Financial Analysis and Reporting.
- Worked with Hyperion Data Integration Management
- Thorough internal training and practical experience got familiarized with budgeting system, mainframe applications and the General Ledger database.
- Used Hyperion Application Link (HAL) to establish connections between an Essbase database and Developed translation rules and used them with the translation adapter in HAL.
- Prepared Profitability Reports, which detail Unit Cost, Price and Volume Trends, and Expense Variances over prior periods.
Environment: Hyperion Essbase 7.0/6.5.1, Hyperion Analyzer 6.5, Hyperion Reports 7.0/ 6.5, Essbase Integration Services 6.5,Hyperion Financial Management (HFM), Hyperion Application Link(HAL), Cognos Report Net 1.1,Erwin 6.0, MS-Excel 2000 Spreadsheet Add-In, SUN Solaris 7, Windows NT 4.0.
Confidential, Bangalore, India Jan 05 - Nov 06 Role: Software Developer Responsibilities:
- Involved in various stages of Enhancements in the Application by doing the required analysis, development, and testing.
- Configuration ofTomcat Web Serverto authenticate and authorize the Hutch customers for the application access.
- Developed logic and code for the registration and validation of the enrolling customer.
- Developed Code forTCP/IP-Based Provisioning Server and Customer Care Billing System.
- Developed web-based user interfaces usingServlets,JSP,HTML,andXMLbased client and server application.
- Integration of front-end withOracledatabase usingJDBC APIthroughJDBC-ODBCBridge driver at server side.
- Responsible for the development of databaseSQLqueries.
Environment: Java Servlets, JSP, Java Script, XML, HTML, UML, Rational Rose, JDBC, Apache Tomcat, JDBC, SQLServer2000, Oracle 9i, Windows.
EDUCATION: B.TECH in Information Technology
References: Available on request