SUMMARY OF PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Alternate Safety Coordinator for 160 Employees
- Superb written and oral communication skills
- Extensive safety training
- Experienced customer service provider
- US Armed Forces Veteran possessing active Top Secret Security Clearance / Sensitive Compartmented Information
Technology: All major desktops and laptops, Dell PowerEdge Servers, Cisco VoIP Phones, Brocade SAN switches, EMC SAN storage devices, Callware Callegra voicemail systems, Nortel P-phones, single/multi-mode fiber, category 5/6 copper cabling, Nortel DMS-100, Nortel Option 81, Nortel Option 11 switches, BMC Remedy and Remedy Action Request System.
Confidential November 2009 - Present Colorado Technician Field Sr.
- Oversees safety for 160 Employees
- Installs, operates, maintains, repairs and modifies cable equipment
- Performs a variety of maintenance and technical support on equipment, integrated systems and subsystems
- Analyzes and evaluates products and related performance
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses malfunctions to eliminate problems in minimum time
- Install, upgrade and remove products to ensure coordinative engineering field change
- Maintains effective customer communications and relations
Confidential March 2008 - June 2009 South Korea Voice Network Systems Craftsman
- Developed and ensured compliance with Federal Safety Standards
- Planned and implemented installation and maintenance of $1.2M VOIP system
- Provided critical voice services and system modernization upgrades for 210 users
- Maintained 800 telecommunications records/ 7 databases with 100% accuracy
- Recommended changes to systems installation saving 80 manhours weekly
- Project manager on $45K networking project / ensured on-schedule installation
- Installed, configured, and maintained local telephone systems, fiber optic end equipment, multiplexers, and modems utilizing associated communication instruments.
- Provided communications support for 1,000+ local subscribers by operating REDCOM gateway exchanges, Nortel Digital Multiplex System and Meridian family telephone exchange switches.
- Scheduled and performed maintenance on interior wiring, intercom systems, data Transmission media systems, and associated telecommunication equipment.
- Slashed material and equipment expenses by 15 percent by implementing approved equipment modifications; evaluated activities and plans routinely.
- Troubleshot and repair of T1's in multiple switches and transport equipment on 911 system and voice & data
Confidential March 2006 - February 2008 Ogden, Utah Voice Network Systems Craftsman
- Maintained, tested, and troubleshot 20,805 telephone lines for a Nortel DMS-100 switch.
- Updated trouble tickets and cable records in Telecommunications Management System (TMS).
- Installed and troubleshot mission critical circuits which included VoIP, fire/intrusion alarms, navigational aids, and T1's.
- Maintained fiber optic systems and main distribution frames for a voice infrastructure supporting over 25,000 Hill Air Force Base customers.
- Operated and maintained satellite communications, line of sight radios, GPS systems, and electronic countermeasures equipment.
- Identified and closed over 200 trouble tickets per month.
- Independently learned Cisco internetworking skills and used knowledge to increase troubleshooting efficiency.
- Worked with customers every day to resolve telephony related issues over the phone and on-site.
- Managed help desk operations and provided technical assistance to junior employees.
- Frequently coordinated with other Air Force work centers and off-site commercial vendors to resolve voice/data infrastructure problems.
- Identified customer telecommunication needs and implemented the appropriate hardware/software solution.
- Assisted cable technicians in a cable cut-over project by terminating over 7000 cable pairs on the main distribution frame in the central office.
- Bachelor's Of Science in Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- A.A.S., Electronic Systems Technology, Community College of the Air Force
- Certification - The Light Brigade, Certified Fiber Optics Installer
- Certification- BICSI, Certified Copper Cable Splicer