Manager, Cloud Architecture Performance Engineering
- Architected Enterprise Storage VNX5300 and Performance Project using Fast Cache/Fast VP technology utilizing SSD/EFD technology.
- Jboss application server environment design to increase performance, HA, FT.
- Received training on DynaTrace Application Performance Management APM analytical software
- Tested and created comparative analytics using OpenVZ and Oracle VirtualBox.
- Deployed Linux kernel and cloud design performance optimizations.
- Managed VPS virtual web hosting test environment to determine concurrency and performance metrics.
- Manage technical issues and bugs for CloudStack Cloud Platform - designed and executed upgrade process to 3.0.6.
- Support various architects, systems engineers, storage engineers and IT operations groups.
- PM on cloud density and performance project - design technical documentation and executive summary.
- Conducted research and testing on SSD/EFD performance - Linux kernel optimizations on virtual clusters in the cloud.
- Performance test procedures for Commvault enterprise backup, and an in-house Cloud Distribution system.
- Designed test plans and technical performance documentation for JBoss/SOA/Linux SaaS environment using APM techniques service distribution, dependency and inter-process communication for increased application performance.
Enterprise Solutions Architect / Senior Project Manager / Cloud Consultant
- Contract Technology Consultant for all phases of advanced technology, architecture, and infrastructure operations
- Trained and mentored technology professionals on various design architectures involving but not limited to: Cloud Platform Design and Services, Enterprise Federated/Distributed Storage Architecture, Virtualization Consolidation, Cluster LB/HA, WAN Optimization and Acceleration, Infrastructure considerations, Operations of all IT functional groups, IT Project Management Goals Objectives, Datacenter Design and Objectives.
Vice President, Infrastructure Operations Promotion
Enterprise Solutions Architect
- Worked directly with the SVP, CTO on all technology innovation, and who jointly managed the IT CAPEX and IT OPEX budgets. Developed and supported the expanding infrastructure for business applications that included: data products, order management, PS accounting and finance, content management, CRM, ERP, HRMS, DB design, circulation, distribution and fulfillment, web platform design, cloud architecture, server virtualization and consolidation, multi-location teleconferencing, data center design, Virtual Home Office, Cisco UC/VoIP. Relationship manager with off-shore outsourcing company TCS Tata Consulting Services . Jointly managed with SVP, CTO the CAPEX, OPEX budgets. In-charge of global helpdesk operations using India based company TCS . Assumed the CTO responsibilities for the ending 10 months of employment.
- Executive In-charge of global and domestic IT infrastructure and operations
- Functional tested and created various cloud platforms using AWS, AT T Compute Cloud combined with advanced CDN Content Delivery Network services Akamai CDN , Limelight CDN , Level-3 CDN to determine business drivers for product delivery and consumer marketing groups.
- In-charge of the planning, development, QA and architectural design of a digital video platform specifically for the iPhone launched on a cloud environment running Linux Red Hat, Python programming language architected across WAN links utilizing CDN services to increase digital video playback to achieve increased performance.
- Possess the following core competencies and acumen: Technologist, Network Architect, Problem Solver, Planning/Organizing, Analytical Perspective, Business awareness, Learning Growth, Presentation/Verbal/Written Communications, Relationship Builder and Negotiator
- Architected various datacenter storage platforms federated distributed design in researching phase including legacy Dell EqualLogic and compellent EMC Clariion, Celerra, and the Centera knowledge of the VMAX architecture for virtualized data centers with virtualized front-end servers blades centers either in SAN or NAS configurations using various RAID/LUN/Pool/meta-lun/fast cache, fast vp designs.
- Managed the relationship and architected the technology platform with off-shore managed service company TATA - TCS reducing operating expenses and improving responsiveness/effectiveness of ITO and BPO support aligned with KPI.
- Established ITIL governance for IT requirements using service strategy, service design, service transition, service operations and continual service improvements.
- Designed and implemented high-end GIG Cisco switch network geographically across data centers utilizing DC interconnects to expand and leverage investments.
- Designed Cisco UC architecture environment Call-Manager, Unity, Meeting Place, Mobility, Presence, CUPC, CIPC, WAP, ASA, Catalyst Switches, and Routers replacing traditional legacy PBX systems installed nationally.
- Enhanced MPLS Multi-Protocol Label Switching multi-provider MP-BGP, EIGRP, OSPF routing which connected India and locations in the U.S.
- Installed and configured high-level HD Tandberg video multi-site, multi-point conference capability that reduced T E expenditures.
- Responsible for enterprise/corporate technology solutions involving network architecture and storage.
- Designed and implemented global U.S., Europe, India WAN optimization design using Riverbed-Steelhead devices.
- Platform design involving Oracle 8.9, 9i, 10g and 11g using Peoplesoft running on Linux platform.
- Designed web server environment utilizing private cloud hybrid datacenter design with front-end load balancing, data compression and optimization, VMWare virtualization and consolidation, advanced SAN and NAS storage, high-speed flash-memory and a virtualized DB server design all running on a dedicated LAMP Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP environment.
- Design and deployment of a load-balanced multi-server Exchange environment using multiple datacenters.
- Architect in-charge of datacenter virtualization and consolidation to reduce the data center infrastructure sprawl using VMWare/blade technology/EMC storage and Cisco switch-router combinations.
- Created executive awareness and conducted presentations for the executive committee which focused on a global datacenter design strategy involving India, Paris and the U.S. using DCI and OTV.
- Upgraded PeopleSoft financials platform including infrastructure for ERP, Financial Mgmt, Cash Mgmt and e-Procurement.
- Designed WEB server environment located at a corporate datacenter and also hosted on AWS using hybrid architecture of DEV, QA, Stage and Production.
- Implementation of Microsoft Sharepoint, Microsoft Project Server, CRM, ERP, HRMS.
- Re-Implementation for tighter control of Data Domain site replication for DR and BC.
- Member of the INNOVATION LAB covering new business revenues focused on consumer electronic multimedia and SaaS platform.
- Design and deployment of corporate office hoteling Software AgilQuest to reduce employee workspace requirements using a sharing/rotation methodology.
Sr. Director, Infrastructure Operations Promotion
- Managed the CAPEX and OPEX budgets with SVP, CTO of the division formulating several processes for tighter control. Assumed role as the IT Security Officer. In-charge of PM processes management. In-charge of global Helpdesk operations. Acting Security officer in-charge of establishing policy and procedures.
- Responsible for design, planning and lead management control and direction of IT projects.
- Initial deployment of MPLS Multi-Protocol Label Switching routing to control video, voice and data through QOS tagging
- Responsible for multi-tiered storage design using virtualization and blade technology.
- First level out-of-band site-to-site IPVPN4 to establish datacenter, remote-office storage redundancy using Data Domain for DR/BC requirements.
- Enhanced multi-layer security framework using IDS/IPS standards, router/switch/firewall ACLs including host-based protection.
- Established the following policies: acceptable use, backup, incident response, VPN, wireless, network access, remote access, guest access, confidential data, mobile, outsourcing, password, encryption, retention and legal discovery.
Director, Network Technology Promotion
- Leadership role in directing and managing the Service Delivery, Networking and Telecom Departments. Manage CAPEX, OPEX budgets for IT Department. Plan and oversee the research, evaluation and integration of new and advanced technology. Managed IT vendor relationships and worked on solutions design and pricing.
- Deployed datacenter server VMWare virtualization and consolidation.
- Implemented multi-tier storage design for backup and recovery and business continuity
- Designed IT infrastructure servers, storage, Web, DB, App Dev, Helpdesk, LAN/WAN, Telecom
Manager, Network Technology Promotion
Leadership and management role of all the functional process, operational control, design and implementation of IT technology advancements. Started managing CAPEX, OPEX budgets. Implemented multiple tier-4 datacenters locations. Designed digital web environment: Web Server, SAN/NAS storage, database replication/mirroring and failover capability. Managed all vendor relationships and worked on solutions design and pricing. Conducted think-tank technology sessions between team members to introduce different ways of combining technology and the actual business process. Responsible for implementing network functional change procedures. Implementation and configuration of high-speed Nortel ATM switches. Implemented ATM switch technology using advanced MCP blades traffic routing over an ATM LAN environment. Converted entire company to corporate Exchange email system and deployed a multi-network authentication process combining Novell and Microsoft. Converted from IPX/SPX to a pure IP based network. Deployed and configured state-of-art Cisco switches/routers. Conducted a national business study to determine the right technology for efficiency and growth. Upgraded all remote office legacy PBX systems to Cisco VoIP system. Deployed NAS, SAN storage systems providing centralized multiple-tiered on-line, near-line, off-line and archive storage designs. Launched centralized CD juke-box storage technology for special projects, and the use of LTO tape technology for off-site DR. Enhanced the current ISDN video conference capability between all national offices. Designed and deployed Oracle and MS-SQL database clusters in a failover-redundant design using fiber-attached SAN storage technology. Implemented the Peoplesoft 8.9 Accounting and Finance modules. Provided all levels of support for Windows and Macintosh workstations including Advertising, Promotion, Editorial and Business units. Deployed enterprise antivirus, anti-malware and web-filtering. Designed and implemented Editorial Production Systems and Storage. Responsible for all Service Delivery Helpdesk operations.
Sr. Network Engineer
Responsible for technical knowledge on different systems and reported directly to the Director of Network. Promoted to Manager within the first year. Lead technician responsible for the day-to-day network design, implementation and management. Configured a LAN/WAN environment for utilizing centralized service and storage. Provided support for all business remote locations around the country. Improved the inter-network infrastructure by redesigning and implemented a site-to-site VPN tunnel network between locations. Developed corporate IT standards for equipment and application deployment.
Manager - Business Computer Systems
Responsible for automating and supporting five New York locations, five national sales offices, including advertising, promotion and corporate departments which consisted of 800 users. Designed and installed 19 LANs nationwide. Supported a main-frame environment with SNA 3270 emulation gateways connecting to an IBM 4381. Researched and implemented a corporate DR strategy. Utilized a PM System providing executive management with the following reports: Gantt Charts, CPM, Resource dependency/activity, project time cost. Developed business applications using Dbase III, Clipper, C, Lotus Macros and Advanced Revelations. Presented annual IT budget strategy plans.
Manager, Technical Support Department
Support high-end CGI workstations used to create the original movie TRON. New business development contributor in charge of technology innovation and the creator of a workstation prototype to run in-house developed high-end graphics software called Excalibur that used the IBM Advanced PGA Graphics Adapter. The systems transmitted digital files used in the creation of presentation slides and over-head transparencies using an in-house Perk Elmer mini system. Managed a national support service team that consisted of 10 Application Support Specialists, 5 local field technicians and National service organization. Provided support for over 300 installed customers within the first year.
Manager of sales team consisting of 20 systems consultants. Reached 8 million in annual sales first year. Conducted sales meetings dressed as an NFL Referee using motivational techniques like throwing down the flag when consultants were spending too much time explaining technical product descriptions impressive tech talk , and not enough time asking for the order. Everyone looked forward to the Monday morning sales meetings. The meetings emphasized what it means to be a Sales Person. Received multiple awards in Management and Sales Excellence . Conducted training sessions for sales staff covering network design and gaining executive level approval through the proper use of ROI and TCO techniques.
VMWare vSphere 4, MS Project, MS Exchange 2003/2007, MS Server 2007, MS Office, MS Dynamics CRM ERP, MS Sharepoint and Project Server, McAfee Enterprise, Commvault, AgilQuest On-Board hoteling sw , Equitrac/Rightfax, EZPublish, Dataplan, Adobe, Woodwing, Publisher Studio, Telescope DAM , Admarc, ADP, Online Reporting, Peoplesoft PS Asset Tracking, PS Payment Predictor, People Linux Enterprise, Smart Focus IMDB, People Tools, IDM, PS Financials ePro, Project Costing, AP, AR, GL, Expenses, Asset Management , Dynasign, Avaya, BMC Patrol, Oracle Solutions Manager, BMC Remedy, EMC DPA, Novell ZENworks 11, Cisco Works using NAM
Operating System Experience
Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows Server 2003, 2007, 2010, Novell, Linux Red Hat, Novell Suse, Novell Open Enterprise Server
Database System Experience
MSSQL, Oracle 8i, 9i, 10g, 11g , MySQL, Dalim
Cloud Platform Experience
Amazon AWS , AT T, Equinix, Sungard, Rackspace, RightScale, OpenStack, CloudStack
F5/ASM-Big IP, Data Domain site-site backup/replication , Tandberg vcs, c20, movi, express, mxp , Cisco Switches, Cisco Routers, Cisco WAP, Cisco ASA, Cisco Call-Manager/Unity, Cisco Unified Communications Servers, EMC Storage Clariion, Celerra, Centera , Dell Servers, Dell Blade Center, Riverbed Steelheads WAN Compression/Optimization , Fortinet/Fortigate Website filter, Security , Xerox MFD Multi-Function Devices
Verizon, AT T, Level-3, XO, Cogent, Lexent, Lucent, Synergy, Metro-Optical, Global-Crossing, GTT, Akamai CDN , Limelight CDN , Brightcove CDN
Information Systems Experience
Infrastructure and Operations, Technology Solutions, NAS/SAN Multi-Level Storage, Enterprise DR/BC Solutions, IT Solutions, LAN/WAN Optimization, Telecommunications VoIP Design, Data Center, Cloud IaaS, SaaS, PaaS , Enterprise Virtualization Consolidation, Enterprise Web Platform, IT Cost Management, Project Management Leader, Team Builder/Motivator, Technology Innovator, Virtual work-from-home Office, Network Security, Network Performance Optimization, Enterprise Video Voice and Data Conferencing/Collaboration SIP , Blade and Storage, IT outsourcing management, Cost Reduction Implementation, Business Unit Analysis and Application Solution Implementation, Application Training Deployment, Business Intelligence and BUAD Research.