I have advanced knowledge in policies within HR benefits, focusing in the field of workers compensation. I also have over 7 years of experience in providing outstanding customer service and the ability to resolve customer issues quickly and maintain effective working relationships with customers.
B.S. in Business Management- Human Resource
Microsoft Access/Excel/Word/PowerPoint/Outlook, Windows 98/Me/2000/XP/Vista
Underwriter Assistant I
- Obtain risk information for new and renewal business, to assist underwriters in the rate-quote process.
- Complete policy forms and endorsements accurately and timely.
- Issue new and renewal policies in accordance with bureau, state requirements and company service standards.
- Follow up and complete a variety of underwriting correspondence, in reference to applications, policies and endorsements.
- Cancel, non-renew and reinstate policies in compliance with bureau and state requirements.
- Endorse policies in compliance with bureau and state requirements, as well as company service standards.
- Review earned premium reports and take action to resolve variances that are outside of the company’s target variance.
- Obtain policyholder employee concentration information, and maintain computer system accuracy.
Administration Specialist I
- Ascertained customer needs and provided guidance to efficient and cost-effective solutions.
- Consulted with both internal and external customers to ascertain their needs.
- Maintained records of employee activity, updating information and assuring accuracy and completeness of employee data for the purposes of reporting.
- Escalated complex issues and inquires to the appropriate subject matter expert(SME) for resolutions
- Exposed to and processed confidential employee data
- Maintained excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Provided adherence to agreed upon deadlines.
- Researched and resolved discrepancies with workers compensation payroll audits.
- Worked closely with insurance adjustors to support group decisions and company goals.
- Wrote and developed technical training documentation for billing issues.
- Outstanding customer service skills with the ability to resolve application issues quickly and maintain effective working relationships with customers.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, dynamic team environment and interact at all levels within the organization.
- Developed a understanding of the life cycle of workers compensation claims