- Versatile, high-energy Finance and Accounting professional who leads organizations through change and challenge to profitable growth. Strong facilitator of expense recovery and profit growth through superior tactical implementation and reasoned strategic input. Outstanding strategist adept at resolving complex issues while motivating staff to peak performance. Skilled in negotiating partnerships, alliances, and other business transactions. Exhibits exceptional leadership identifying and synthesizing information to provide value added analysis to senior leadership. Core competencies include:
- Financial Analysis Reporting GAAP Accounting/Audit Management Budget Planning P L Management Technology Tax Preparation Client Consulting Operations Analysis Reconciliations General Ledger Management Staff Leadership Team Development Leadership Financial Management Strategic Planning Productivity Performance Improvement Payroll Processing Variance Analysis Cash Management Persuasive Presentations Organization Communication
- Collaborates with individuals, corporations, estates and trusts, and partnerships to prepare income tax returns as well as monthly, quarterly, and annual payroll tax returns and financial statements.
- Skilled at researching and attaining successful resolutions to complex tax and accounting issues.
- Provides objective advice, expertise and specialist skills with the aim of creating value, maximizing growth and improving business performance.
- Assisted professional service firms with tax return preparation and reviews during 2010 and 2011 tax seasons. Served as Director of Operations for a Wealth Management and Financial Services group during the 2012 tax season.
Staff /Certified Public Accountant
- Maintained full charge of audits and reviews for mortgage loan processor, government contractor, residential home builder, and non-profit organizations.
- Prepared income tax returns for individuals, corporations, trusts and estates, partnerships, and non-profits as well as gift tax return preparation.
- Oversaw the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual payroll tax return for numerous clients.
- Saved company revenue by strategically reducing general liability insurance by more than 18K per year.
- Oversaw functions of accounting with direct supervision of seven associates.
- Maintained daily cash management, floor plan reconciliation, and line-of-credit management while consistently preparing, reviewing, and submitting all financial statements. Teamed with external accounting firm to provide assistance with year-end audit preparation.
- Leveraged expertise to restructure accounting department into more efficient, accurate, and compliant unit.
- Initiated annual reduction of floor plan interest expense by 70K in an effort to maximize profits.
- Singlehandedly adjusted bonus structure to realize reduction in administrative payroll expense by 50K annually.
- Managed accounting records for related real estate LLC's and actively prepared and reviewed financial statements and supporting schedules. Held responsibility for the preparation and implementation of weekly cash flow budget. Collaborated with independent CPA firm in preparation of year-end audit.
- Fully accountable for conversion to Timberline Software program that increased productivity and accuracy of data.
- Oversaw job costing system, weekly draw schedules, and loan schedules for individual jobs.
Registered Investment Representative
- Provided strategic advisory services, general market intelligence, developed sales and marketing tactics and execution strategies for more than 300 clients with assets of more than 9M. Aggressively pursued new business opportunities by creating and utilizing innovative sales and marketing strategies.
- Conducted educational sales presentations to deliver knowledgeable advice, investments, and services.
- Utilized interpersonal communication skills to perform persuasive speaking engagements to clubs and organizations, host broadcasts, and hold seminars designed to deliver knowledge and understanding of business products and objectives.