Summary of Healthcare Experience
- Contract Senior Subject Matter Expert to demonstrate the Use of Personal Health Records PHRs and Standards Integration. The project focus is on a coordinated approach to PHR infrastructure and will test the uptake and usage of the electronic Long Term Services and Support e-LTSS standard, the harmonization of e-LTSS standards with the Office of National Coordinator's ONC's Standards and Interoperability S I Framework, and its interoperability with the State's Health Insurance Exchange HIE infrastructure/framework.
- Program Manager of Siemens Soarian Electronic Health Record EHR implementation for Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services DBHDS . Responsible for Meaningful Use MU implementation and attestation for Stages 1 2. Certified VITA Project Manager for the Level 1 project with a budget of approximately 38M. Duties include procurement and execution phases of the project for 14 hospitals and training centers.
- Program Manager for the Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services VA-DBHDS that evaluated proposals and was integrally involved in the establishment of a Project Management Office PMO including policies, procedures, budgeting/financial for the PMO.
- CIO for a large health center network in Washington, DC serving the homeless underserved and incarcerated. Established a formal Information Technology IT Division and Program Management function. Responsible for project management personnel for multiple projects supporting a 28M contract for healthcare services with the DC Department of Corrections and the implementation of a 4M eClinicalworks Revenue Cycle/EMR for over 30 health center sites with 600 users. See Unity Health Care below
- CIO for a physical security company led by former U.S. Secret Service leadership. Established the IT division and provided C-Suite level communications on technology initiatives. Negotiated the purchase and implementation of a 5M financial management system. Facilitated the IT integration to an acquiring company in a 65M merger. See Vance International below
Sr. Subject Management Expert
Contract Senior Subject Matter Expert to demonstrate the use of Personal Health Record PHR and Standards Integration technology. The project focus is on a coordinated approach to PHR infrastructure and will test the uptake and usage of the electronic Long Term Services and Support e-LTSS standard, the harmonization of e-LTSS standards with the Office of National Coordinator's ONC's Standards and Interoperability S I Framework, and its interoperability with the State's Health Insurance Exchange HIE infrastructure/framework.
Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental
Program Manager - EHRS Implementation June 2012 to May 2014 Previously, DBHDS and the Commonwealth of Virginia have not had an EHRS implementation or the personnel infrastructure needed to support a multi-hospital implementation. Duties in support of this implementation include hire and manage prime and sub-contractor staff, implementation planning and support, hire and develop full-time state employees. Program Manager of Siemens Soarian Electronic Health Record Systems EHRS implementation for Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services DBHDS . As part of job responsibilities obtained certification for state VITA Project Manager for the Level 1 project with a budget of approximately 38M. Duties include procurement and execution phases of the project for 14 hospitals and training centers including Meaningful Use MU Stages 1 2 for Behavioral Health.
Integrally involved in the establishment of a Project Management Office PMO including vendor procurement for implementation, creation of policies, procedures, budgeting/financial for the PMO.
Additional responsibilities include: Management and interaction with clinical staff physicians, nurses, etc. as well IT staff. Member of the executive committee IAOC interacting with senior DBHDS leadership Chief Medical Officer, Assistant Commissioner, Chief Financial Officer, etc. . The Middleton Group, Inc. Falls Church VA, USA 22042
Sr. Project Manager
Short term 3 mos. contract for planning and implementation of Allscripts for both hospital and ambulatory networks.
Developed detailed project kick-off plans, project charters, communications.
Sr. Project Manager
- An experienced Sr. Project Manager with responsibility for planning and implementation of HMS Electronic Medical Record EMR radiology, lab results, PACs transcriptions, etc. for hospital and ambulatory networks.
- Developed detailed project kick-off plans, project charters, communications and project plans for a 400 bed hospital using Microsoft Project Web Access PWA .
- Organized and led key stakeholders in the formation of internal and external committees needed for the EMR and MU implementation.
- Acted as the principal liaison between hospital C-Suite and corporate partners to facilitate the implementation of and EMR and MU initiatives.
Sr. Project Manager
- Middle Eastern countries are in the process of building a health care system at an enterprise level to include health insurance, construction of facilities and health care technology.
- Responsible for negotiations and eventual acquisition of an infrastructure internet service provider for the hosting of the enterprise EHRS software. Acquisition price of approximately 5M U.S. dollars.
- Director level consultant for a technology start-up in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. The company was founded by an MIT Fellow and produces artificially intelligent enterprise software for healthcare and government agencies.
Chief Information Officer CIO
- Directed and managed the purchase, implementation and training of a 4M eClinicalworks revenue cycle and electronic medical records system.
- Represented the C -Suite in negotiations with eClinicalworks to finalize the contract and represent Unity's interest in the implementation of the EMR system.
- Authored and submitted a proposal that successfully won a 1.4M HRSA grant for the implementation of electronic medical records.
- Directed the implementation of a state-of-the-art computerized training center for Unity Health Care in support of training for the electronic medical records implementation. Hired and developed the training staff.
- Responsible for the training of over 600 health care and support professionals utilizing classroom and distance learning technology in functional areas of clinical support, patient demographics, scheduling, finance and medical billing.
- Acted as the C-Suite management and technical liaison between Unity and eClinicalworks, dealing with eClinicalworks technical, implementation and project management teams.
- Hired staff and contractors for all phases of the project. Staff and contractors numbered 40 analysts, hardware and software specialists and trainers.
- Acted as the management and technical liaison to outside entities such as the District of Columbia Department of Corrections GE Centricity , Medstar Health D.C. Hospitals and the D.C. Regional Health Information Organization D.C. RHIO .