A role in senior management where skills in strategic planning and a strong problem-solving background will contribute to improving the work performance, job satisfaction, and productivity in the organization. My relationships, experience and involvement in the finance and technology community can enable me to bring industry standards, and new thinking into an organization. I have the vision, and energy to enable an organization to grow in a competitive marketplace.
SPECIALIZED RELATED SKILLS TECHNICAL
- LAN and WAN technologies VPN, MPLS, POE, WIFI and Cellular Broadband
- Firewalls, DDOS, and SPAM prevention
- Compliance and Patch Management, Shavlik NetChk Pro, GFI LANguard S.E.L.M.
- SIEM, IPS, IDS, and DLP systems
- Cisco VOIP, Routing and Switching
- Antivirus, Malware, and Spyware tools
- Electrical Design Planning and Installation
- Mechanical Design Planning and Installation
- Diesel and Natural Gas Backup Generator Sets 80 KW to 1000KW
- Penetration testing tools Kali Linux, Nmap, Wireshark and Nessus
- Network Engineering Tools AD Toolkit and Solar Winds
SPECIALIZED RELATED SKILLS MANAGMENT
- Problem solver with formal troubleshooting methodology.
- Ability to manage diverse teams across lines of business.
- Project management and change management.
- Information security management.
- Communications written and oral.
- Technical and compliance trainer for 300 plus employees and customers.
- Vendor management.
CEO and Founder
- Managed the start-up of and independent technology firm focused on Small-Cap and Mid-Cap companies.
- Leveraged entrepreneurial expertise in the development of a business plan that will enable Black River Technologies to deliver a full range of consulting services Strategic Planning, Security / Risk Management, Infrastructure, and Compliance.
VP IT Manager
- Reporting directly to the Chief Information Officer responsible for all technology initiatives to include project management, production support, engineering and tech support / help desk.
- Responsible for developing a Three Year Strategic Plan designed to be a technology roadmap leading the bank's technology in a direction that corresponds to the mission, values, operating principles, and risk tolerance.
- Developed and manages an annual IT budget of 4.2 M. maximizing return on technology investments.
- As the Lead Project Manager for IT, I was responsible for the successful planning and completion of over 220 technology related projects. This included four core conversions, internet banking conversion and upgrade of the Bank entire WAN infrastructure.
- Implemented and personally provide an Information Security training program for the entire bank.
IT Operations Manager
- Reported to the Director of IT Operations and the Chief Information Officer.
- Manage an IT Operations team consisting of 14 members supporting 7 x 24 x 365 Production, QA, Test and Development environments. Manage a Production Support team consisting of 4 members supporting 7 x 24 x 365 Production environment.
- In on the ground floor developing and industry standard change management process.
- Responsible for all Data Center maintenance and support in four 4 Data Centers. Provide remote monitoring for 90 Branch Offices covering Ohio, Arizona, and Florida.
- Elected by Executive and Senior members of the bank to the title of Systems Officer effective January 1, 2004. In recognition of the responsibilities and challenges that I have accepted in my position in Information Technology.
- Directly responsible for an annual budget of 1.16 M.
IT Operations Supervisor
- Developed career path for members of IT Operations.
- Supported over 450 front end and middle tier code migrations from the Test to Production environments.
- Designed and implemented workflow for Production systems monitoring.
- Initiated a server consolidation and cleanup project reducing space requirement in the Data Center.
- Coordinated and supervised the purchase and install of two 2 Liebert 10 ton HVAC units and one 1 American Power Conversion Symetra 40 KW UPS.
- Responsible for over 50 new server installs.
IT Operations Shift Lead
- Developed three separate shifts into one team with guidelines, goals, procedures and objectives.
- Mentored junior members in IT Operations to succeed to new positions in IT.
- Resolved numerous electrical and environmental design problems in a one 1 year old state of the art 5000 square foot Data Center. Coordinated effort to resolve a high impact design problem requiring a complete power down of the Banks Primary Data Center. Due to these efforts total downtime was kept to one hour.
Deployment Team Lead
- Windows 2000 Migration Consultant for Castrol. Team Lead for a deployment team that migrated over 800 users from a Microsoft Windows 95, NT, and Lotus Notes environment to a Windows 2000 Office 2000 environment. Allowing for a seamless transition for Castrol to the BP Amoco operating environment.
- Supported a variety of equipment including desktops, laptops, thin clients, and various network devices. Participated in a wide range of roles from Network Administration to personnel management.
- Principle member of a team that deployed more than 1000 workstations in 7 cities in the Midwest region.
- Conducted pre-migration assessments on user workstations. Determining the appropriate actions needed to allow critical legacy applications to exist in a Windows 2000 environment.
- Built over 400 base installations of Windows 2000 Professional utilizing Norton Ghost Multicast Server to push Windows 2000 images to the workstation. Installed user applications and configured workstations for optimum performance.