- Over 7 years of IT experience in design, development, tuning and maintenance of client/server side of SQL Server 2012/2008R2/2008/2005 in various phases of software development life cycle.
- Over 6 years of experience as a SQL Server Database Administration for complex databases in SQL Server 2012, SQL Server 2008.
- Expert in implementing Business Intelligence Solutions for Enterprise Decision support systems using Microsoft suite of products like SSIS, SSRS and SSAS.
- Experience with SQL Server Database Administration, Excellent ability using Clustering, Standby/Replication, Database Mirroring, and Log shipping.
- Experience in making sure that storage, archiving, back-up and recovery procedures are working correctly.
- Experience working in Troubleshoot performance problems, fine-tuning of databases and index Analysis.
- Data modeling experience in high activity normalized OLTP systems and analytical highly useable de-normalized OLAP systems, staging and Data art.
- Experienced in using Power BI tools for highly interactive ad-hoc reporting needs.
- Experience in data manipulation languages and working with Database Design
- Expert in creating different formats of reports for internal and external reporting purposes including drill down and drill through based on needs of granularity using SSRS 2005/2008/2012.
- Experience in monitoring user access and security, configuration of Microsoft SQL Server and databases.
- Experienced in creating and populating data warehouses OLTP data with various SSIS ETL packages with transformations, containers, variables, configurations and schedules. Debugging knowledge with loggers and event handlers.
- Strong ability in defining query for generating drill down reports, handling parameterized reports and creating stylish report layouts in SSRS.
- Experienced in performance testing and query optimization for faster data access.
- Capable of handling responsibilities independently as well as a proactive team member. Strong Analytical skills and ability to work cross functionally.
MS SQL Developer/DB Admin
Ardi Solution is a professional website design company in Alexandria Virginia since 2005. it specializes in providing high quality web development solutions for companies or individuals interested in outsourcing their web design and web application development needs. It has a large pool of resources and the required business and technical expertise to develop websites of any complexity. It provides complete front-end and back-end development based on the latest technologies and industry trends
- Involved in installing, configuring, upgrade and migration SQL Server 2008/R2, 2005 in development, test and Production environment
- Responsible for using DBCC to check database conditions, upgrading indexes and other database maintenance purpose as well
- Developed, deployed and monitored SSIS Packages including upgrading DTS to SSIS, and transferred the data ETL to between various databases.
- Responsible for monitoring and making recommendations for performance improvement in hosted databases. This involved index creation, index removal, index modification, file group modifications, and adding scheduled jobs to re-index and update statistics in databases.
- Involved in installing a database software as new releases and patches are developed.
- Wrote T-SQL statements for retrieval of data and involved in performance tuning of T-SQL queries.
- Created complex TSQL statements including stored procedure, view, user defined function, join, cross apply, and index.
- Involved in trouble shooting and fine-tuning of databases for its performance and concurrency
- Prepared the project management and technical documentation.
- Export or Import data from other data sources like flat files using Import/Export through DTS, SSIS.
- Working with table creation, views, stored procedures, constraints
- Developing, implementing and periodically testing a backup and recovery plan for the database
- Responsible for optimizing SQL queries, stored procedures and collaborating with database developers.
- Performing three basic security tasks authentication, authorization and auditing.
- Involved in configuring and maintaining Database Mirroring, Log Shipping and Replications in SQL Server 2008.
- Performing Database Backup and Restore Strategy working on storage and capacity planning.
- Involved in monitoring the database server regularly to identify systems that are slowing down.
- Working on normalizing database tables and SQL database diagrams.
- Responsible for troubleshooting when things go wrong with the database.
- Working on database monitoring and Performance tuning, monitoring CPU usage and I/O activity, monitoring backups that are being performed regularly
Environment: MS SQL SERVER 2012/2008 R2/2000, SQL Server 2012, SSIS, SSRS, Microsoft Visual Studio 2008, MS SQL Profiler, Windows NT/2008, MS Outlook, TSQL, Windows 2008.
MS SQL Server /SSRS/SSIS BI Developer
- Involved in designing multidimensional OLAP cubes in SSAS from the existing data warehouse for various sales, marketing and buying divisions.
- Developed and deployed SSIS packages for ETL from OLTP and various sources including Oracle, DB2, MS Access, and Excel to staging and staging to Data warehouse using Lookup, Fuzzy Lookup, Derived Columns, Condition Split, Merge, Slowly Changing Dimension and more.
- Configured the package to send email messages if tasks in the package workflow succeed or fail, or send messages in response to an event that the package raises at run time.
- Handled the exceptions with the help of SSIS by transferring the data into separate flat file or error table and performed Performance Tuning by using unblocking Transformations and row transformations for better Performance of SSIS packages.
- Managed subscriptions, snapshots and security in the report manager..
- Wrote complex SQL queries using joins, sub queries and correlated sub queries to retrieve data from the database.
- Improved database performance including CTE, views, stored procedures, Index, etc. and optimized the T-SQL statements using SQL profiler and Execution Plan.
- Used power BI tools in Excel to spot favorable, unfavorable trends and outliers.
- Generated parameterized queries for generating tabular reports using global variables, expressions, functions, and stored procedures using SSRS.
- Works closely with the Data Warehouse development staff to develop new databases to support reporting needs and to identify and resolve database performance problems.
- Created SSIS packages to import data from Excel, flat files and other OLEDB sources.
- Developed, and scheduled variety of reports like cross-tab, parameterized, drill through and sub reports with SSRS.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012, SSRS, SSAS, Microsoft Access, Visual Studio, Performance point server, Excel Power BI
- Involved in planning, defining and designing data warehouse to bring in data from various data sources based on business requirements and provided documentation. Conceptual, logical and physical design of the model.
- Created star and snowflake schema model using fact and dimension tables based on data granularity requirements. Created additive, semi additive and non-additive facts with conformed and non-conformed dimensions, shared dimension, degenerated dimensions and slowly changing dimensions.
- Created various Extraction Transformation and Loading ETL packages to cleanse the data to maintain uniformity and maintain coherent data as well as populate the data from various source systems feeds using SSIS 2008 R2.
- Used various transformations like Merge, Merge join, Union all, lookup, Derived column, fuzzy lookup, multicast, conditional split transformations to maintain data consistency.
- Responsible for coding SSIS processes to import data into the Data Warehouse from Excel spreadsheets, Flat Files and OLEDB Sources.
- Created stored procedures, Triggers, User-defined Functions, Views for both Online and Batch requests handling business logic and functionality of various modules.
- Have used BCP, BULK INSERT to transfer data from and to SQL server database
- Expert in creating different formats of reports for internal and external reporting purposes and deploy them in Performance Point Server as well as SharePoint.
- Experienced in creating and populating data warehouses OLTP data with various transformations, containers, variables, configurations and schedules. Debugging knowledge with loggers and event handlers.
Environment: MS SQL SERVER 2012/2008 R2/2000, SQL Server 2012, SSIS, SSRS, Microsoft Visual Studio 2008, MS SQL Profiler, Microsoft Visio, MS Office 2010, Windows NT/2008,Erwin 4.0, MS Outlook, FTP, TSQL, Windows 2008
MS SQL Developer
- Imported data from various sources into a staging area, merges the data into the OLTP data model, and presents it to all levels of users.
- Responsible for SSIS activities to move data from text files to SQL Server. Scheduled SSIS Packages on weekly Basis using SQL Server Agent.
- Extensively involved in knowledge transfer for the documentation team for the development activities carried out by team.
- Generated Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Reports as per the customer requirements using subscriptions and Created Tabular Reports, Cross Tab Reports, Sub Reports.
- Created AD-Hoc reports using Report Builder and maintained Report Manager for SSRS.
- Extensively involved in carrying out the Unit testing of the applications and tuning of complex procedures.
- Involved in Fine tuning of database objects using indexes and server to ensure efficient data retrieval.
- Involved with Installation, Upgrade and Troubleshooting of MS SQL Server 2008
- Created Complex Stored Procedure, Triggers, and Cursors, Tables, Views and other T-SQL JOIN techniques.
- Involved in Planning, development, and testing of disaster recovery strategies and procedures to restore the production environment to a production state.
Environment: Windows 2008 Advanced Server, SQL Server 2008, TSQL, SQL Migration Assistant for Oracle.
- Created SSIS Packages to import and export data from Excel Spreadsheets, Text files and CSV files.
- Worked as a developer in creating complex Stored Procedures, SSIS packages, triggers, tables, and views and other SQL joins and statements for applications.
- Created Cross-Tab, Drill-down, Drill-down and Sub-Report using and linked reports using SQL SERVER Reporting Services. Debugging reports and deploying reports and report server configuration for automation. Configured report server for schedules and email subscriptions for managers.
- Involved in database backup, recovery procedures and Planned back up strategy for disaster recovery
- Responsible for log backups and restoration
- Worked with Dynamic Management Views DMV for improving query performance.
- Analyzed the existing application programs and tuned SQL queries using Execution plan, Query Analyzer, SQL Profiler and database Engine tuning Advisor.
- Proficient with SQL server agent for scheduling jobs, SQL profiler for database tuning
- Created and used tables, views, indexes, stored procedures, triggers, used joins to retrieve data from tables
- Designed and implemented stored procedures and triggers for automating tasks.
- Maintained the table performance by following the tuning tips like normalization, creating indexes and collect statistics.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2005/2008, MS SQL Server Reporting Services 2005, Windows 2003 server.
MS SQL developer
- Created, manipulated and supported the SQL Server databases.
- Involved in the Data modeling, Physical and Logical Design of Database.
- Extensively used Normalization techniques up to 3NF .
- Analyzed reports and fixed bugs in stored procedures on the ongoing database operations, as needed, to resolve business problems.
- Created complex Stored Procedures, views, Triggers, Tables and other SQL joins.
- Maintained data integrity by performing validation checks.
- Provided research, design, and creation of a robust system ensuring effective processing of financial information from multiple external locations.
- Import Export of data from one server to other servers using tools like Data Transformation Services DTS .
- Optimized customer billing portal to access information to link up with the customer service portal.
- Created Business-Crucial stored procedures and functions to support the front end Web application.
- Optimized existing store procedures for efficient data storage and retrieval using T-SQL.
- Worked on testing and optimization using built in diagnostic tools such as SQL Profiler, Index Tuning and database tuning advisory feature.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2000, T-SQL, Excel, Windows NT, DTS