As a highly proficient software developer with over 30 years of programming and leadership skills I have accumulated a large storehouse of experience. I am a dedicated professional seeking projects where utilization of acquired programming, analytical, communication and leadership skills can be utilized. Specializing in Access and MySQL databases with strong business acumen and ability to translate business needs into reliable, efficient, technical solutions. My experience includes extensive work with Access utilizing VBA code, functions, macros and queries to develop screens, reports and charts along with interfaces for SQL and Oracle databases.
A software developer for many years with Microsoft Access, VBA and MySQL, I have created several packages for various industries including bus transportation, paratransit companies, pharmaceutical organizations, insurance training schools, scaffolding companies as well as precious metal refining organizations. Complete project creation from concept to design, software development through installation and training. My experience includes creating business solutions using functions, macros and queries to support Access screen forms, menu forms, input output forms, and many associated subforms and reports. All these items support a very well designed set of tables normalized to function efficiently. Menu designs are user friendly and forms have many built in dropdowns functions.
- Responsible for a staff of several sales professionals to market computer hardware service contracts. Built the organization up from zero sales to over 3 million dollars of service and product sales. Developed customer service policy designed computer systems for client tracking, billing and sales reporting.
- DIRECTOR, EDP SERVICES ACTUARIAL BENEFITS
- COOPERS LYBRAND
- Directed a team of programmers and analysts to maintain and produce a full range of data processing services for the Actuarial Benefits Consulting Group of C L.
Responsibilities included designing marketing research and analysis reports. Developed mathematical models for Sale Forecasting utilizing the latest techniques in mathematical forecasting.
- MicroSoft ACCESS 2000 - 2010
- VISUAL BASIC FOR APPLICATIONS VBA
- SQL Oracle Database Interfaces
- Relational Database Management Systems
- MicroSoft Office products: Excel, Word, Outlook
- BASIC FORTRAN
- Student Bus Company system: A comprehensive and robust software package that organizes many office functions for a student bus company including a full set of management reports. The menu includes: Student list maintenance, routing creation and schedules, attendance tracking and integrated billing. The system updates excel sheets to submit to the NY City Department of Transportation to facilitate invoicing. The routing system works with a mapping program to optimize driving routes to pick up and drop off each student.
- Insurance Training system: Maintaining student records, scheduling and registration. Tracking student licenses and creating course certificates. The software controls the billing system, student record verifications and integrity checks. Record keeping for class attendance, class certificates and coordination with the NYS Department of Financial Services to maintain licensing for students.
- Pharmaceutical Reporting system: Designed reports coordinating different specialty medications scripted by doctors throughout the county. The main reports were coordinating doctors and patients with medications including usage, dosage and frequency, medication name and description, NDC number, etc. The reports were segmented by manufacturer and state. Summary reports were generated to show the cross section of usage by region and medication.
- Scaffolding Management system: Created and maintained delivery tickets, controlling the different costing and contract methods. Very complex billing systems were set up to determine timetables and payments for flat rate and or unit pricing per time frame. Coordinated jobsite additions and returns, missing or stolen items and generating inventory status reports and controlling the entire project from delivery and installation through dismantling and project billing.
- Paratransit system: Designed with eight menu levels to control data access and data integrity for the operations of one of the largest paratransit companies in the country. Within the menus the functions and operations for the entire company are controlled including operations, vehicle movement and peak usage control, fleet verification and usage, as well as modules for data file integration, reports and system utilities. The system tracks every aspect of the operation including a very extensive daily operations sheet showing changes in drivers, buses, time tables and routing for hundreds of routes every 24 hours.