SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE
Process-oriented leader with extensive management and technical experience covering a broad range of complex system integration, information technology and software development programs in commercial and government markets. Expertise covers the complete system life cycle from inception to implementation. Strong leadership skills and the ability to establish and communicate a vision, motivate others, and develop and build highly functional teams. Strengths include communications, stress management, conflict resolution, decision making, technical assimilation, planning, and resource allocation. Experience in the management of programs and projects valued at over 100M and the management of organization of over 300 people. Work well under stress. Continually updates knowledge in new and emerging technologies.
KEY FUNCTIONAL AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Program/Project Management
- System Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Functional Management.
- Executive Management
- Process Management
- Assigned as the Configuration Manager for an ITSM deployment project with Pacific Gas and Electric PG E .
- Responsible for the implementation of a Configuration Management Process and associated CMDB using Remedy 7.5 and HP DDM for asset discovery. Responsible for the development and deployment of Service Models for a series of Business Applications aligned with Business Processes. Responsible for development of process documentation, reporting and training material and for the delivery of training to CI Owners from within the IT Organization. Process documentation included policy documentation, standards, process overview, and procedures.
- Led the assessment of the IT Department of a major health insurance company based on ITIL best practices. Client was using an ITSM solution by HP. Prepared recommendations for gap closure
Senior IT Infrastructure Manager
- Project Manager for a successful wall-to-wall inventory of assets for the Health and Human Services HHS agency. Project included inventory of over 60 sites across the US and Puerto Rico.
- Project Manager for a group of projects that successfully deployed an IT Service Management ITSM solution based on the ITIL best practice for the Security Exchange Commission SEC in Washington, D.C. Project included the integration and configuration of COTS products, development of process artifacts, and training and mentoring of Lockheed Martin personnel. Processes included Incident Management, Request Fulfillment, Knowledge Management, Access Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Release Management, Service Asset and Configuration Management, Service Level Management, Availability Management and Capacity Management.
- Project Manager for the successful deployment of ITSM Change Management throughout the Lockheed Martin IT environment.
- Project Manager for the successful acquisition and deployment of an Asset Management solution for a Lockheed Martin business unit.
- Functional Manager for a group of Project Managers responsible for deployment of IT infrastructure, including the successful deployment of a Managed Desktop Infrastructure MDI capability and the migration of approximately 18,000 users to Active Directory.
Program Manager/Account Manager
- Identification, pursuit, and capture of new business opportunities for assigned accounts .establishment and growth of customer relationships to ensure appropriate insight into new business opportunities program management for negotiated services and meeting or exceeding revenue and margin objectives. System integration, IT outsourcing and E-Commerce. Responsibility for projects in excess of 20M in sales. Examples of services provided for these accounts include:
- Miradiant Led the successful development and hosting of Miradiant's online accounts receivable/accounts payable information management and financial settlement network system. Prototype written in Java and used an object-oriented database. Operational system implemented in Java using an Oracle database.
- Aristar Account Manager responsible for the capture and successful development of a data warehouse for Aristar that supported the profitability analysis of consumer loans. The data warehouse was developed in C using a Red Brick database system and a MicroStrategy OLAP. Aristar is a wholly owned subsidiary of Washington Mutual Savings Loan.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida Led a team that provided support to the customer in the definition of requirements and the evaluation of vendor proposals for the selection of a call center system to be integrated with a new claims processing system.
- Florida Power Light Led a team that was engaged by this utility customer to develop a comprehensive telecommunications plan.
Software Engineering Director
- DTASS - Prototype phased array radar for use by the FAA
- MOTR - phased array radar system for use in range testing
- I-15 - Radar system used to simulate foreign radar systems
- 316F - Phased array radar system for intelligence missions
- Aegis - Destroyer and cruiser combat system for the US Navy
- AN/BSY-2 - Submarine combat system for the US Navy
- Functional Manager of a software engineering organization with a staff of 22 managers, 200 engineers, 100 support personnel, 75,000,000 in contract funds, and an overhead budget of 7,500,000. Major projects included:
- Provided the leadership required to raise software engineering organization from an SEI CMM Level 1 to a Level 3. Initiatives resulted in a 300 increase in productivity and the successful achievement of all major cost and technical milestones for 3 consecutive years.
Additional experience available upon request.