- 7 years of IT experience in Configuration Management, build and release management, weblogic and WebSphere application server administrator.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining the integrity of the project artifacts throughout the software development lifecycle using configuration management tools such as CVS, Subversion, GIT, VSS, Team Foundation Server, Rational Clear Case and Clear Quest, Jenkins, Confidential , Confidential on UNIX and Windows environment.
- Extensively involved in risk analysis and providing mitigation plan to known and predicted issues
- Experience in build/release process maintain the Archive of software releases internal external .
- Experience in all build/release engineering tasks associated with the component/production releases.
- Experience in preparation of build scripts, build specs applying label for the software builds.
- Experience in troubleshoot build problems as they arise work with engineering team to resolve issues.
- Experience on best practices for feature branching, merge conflicts and common library management.
- Experience in automate post-build integration including Code Coverage other tools.
- Experience in Defect management plan root cause analysis.
- Strong knowledge in SDLC, QA Methodologies, Configuration Change Management systems
- Strong knowledge in Software development methodologies like Agile, Scrum/Sprints, Iterative, Waterfall models etc
- Identifies and implements process to strengthen, streamline the build process.
- Tracks and maintains the projects change requests, impact assessments and reporting.
- Work closely with the offshore and onsite teams for Change Management and resource planning.
- Work with QA team to integrate the build system with automated test systems.
- Proficient in MS Build and PowerShell for automated Build-Release processes.
- Extensive experience in setting up baselines, branching, merging, periodic backups of the source code and automation processes using shell scripts.
- Worked on cross-platforms Windows-Unix with Clear Case, GIT CVS, Perforce and Subversion.
- Experience with System Center Configuration Manager SCCM .
- Created Configuration Management Plans and Test Plans for Applications.
- Extensive experience covers areas of software engineering such as Software engineering principles and relational database management systems.
- Expert in writing and gathering the functional requirements, excellent communications skills, management skills and technical documentation skills.
- Good knowledge in different web technologies.
- Strong experience in Oracle Weblogic Server and setting up Oracle Weblogic Servers in the development, testing and production environments and Experience in UNIX Shell scripting for administration, maintenance and troubleshooting
- Experienced in Installation and Configuration of IBM Websphere Application server V/5.x/6.0/6.1/7.0/8.0, Web logic 6.x/7.x/,11g, IBM HTTP Server, Apache, Tomcat on AIX, Solaris, Linux and Windows platforms and Implemented Single Sign-On SSO through Web SEAL for web applications
- Excellent communication and analytical skills and detail oriented.
- A good team player with flexible attitude and able to work independently.
- SCM Tools: CVS, Subversion, VSS, StarTeam, Clear Case, UCM, Clear Quest, ANT, Cruise
- Control, Maven, Jenkins, GIT, Team Foundation Server 2008/2010/2012, Perforce, Quality Center, MS Project, Visio, Visual Studio 2008/2010, MS build,
- Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux red hat , Windows 7/XP/ 2000/ 2003.
- Database: Oracle 9i/ 8i, PL/SQl, VPN, SQL Server 2005/2008R2,
- Languages: C ,C/C , Java, PASCAL, COBOL, FORTRAN, SQL, PL/SQL, VB .NET
- Other Tools: SQL Reporting Services, Toad, ETL Informatics , Rapid SQL
- Web Technologies: HTML, DHTML, XML, XSLT
- Application Server: IBM Web Sphere, Web Logic Server, Apache Tomcat, IIS 6.0
Build and Release Engineer
- Developed, monitored and enforced release management processes and policies in support of cross-domain configuration integration, completeness and consistency
- Developed EAR, WAR and JAR using Build Scripts from Scratch with Maven and Ant.
- Configured CI environment, to Build and Deploy automatically using Jenkins.
- Used JENKINS For Automatic Build and Deployment.
- Developed build scripts using Maven and Ant from scratch to replace the values automatically based on the environment specific.
- Responsible for Merging the Code between Different VOB'S and Release Baselines.
- Responsible for promoting the code using the specific Activity to Release Environments.
- Provided support to domain-specific release management resources in a timely and efficient manner
- Coordinated release program activities and functions as a subject matter expert in release management.
- Worked in Agile Environment.
- Tracked software customization, defects and issues via the use of SDLC.
- Acted as the gatekeeper to the production environment, ensuring consistency in policies and operational procedures, release integration testing and production validation.
- Created detailed production implementation plans and performing mock dress rehearsals in a production release environment.
- Developed different configuration files based on project like properties, logging and project Environment files.
- Developed JIL files for batch for nightly batch jobs.
- Developed Complete Implementation Plan for Higher Level Environments includes Build environment/ WebLogic Environment prior to deployment
- Developed the build scripts for Oracle Service Bus OSB using maven.
- Developed build scripts to replace the Tokenization values using command line.
- Create or find effective alternatives/solutions if any dependency issues exist within a release
- Created VOBs, Dynamic views, Snapshot Views.
- Transferred all the required VOBs for the project and created new VOBs as necessary.
- Performed regular VOB maintenance activities.
- Configured Data Source, JMS modules, JMS server, Topic, queues on Weblogic server.
- Configured LDAP and Store and Forward Agent on Weblogic Domain.
- 24/7 on call supports for emergency site maintenance and immediate build and install requests.
- Created Builds for changing environment and requirements, as well as the ability to support multiple projects.
- Created the build instructions docs and install deploy instructions docs for each application for different environments.
- Preparation of issue log file of all the issues faced during deployment
- Integrated Dimensions CM role management to control build administration and execution
- Responsible for Emergency Bug Fixes to push them to different environments and monitor their
- Performed Implementation Planning meetings prior to deployment
- Coordinated Mock Deployments and partnering with Project Managers on code Releases
- Perform quality control on build requests and reviewing entrance criteria.
- Managed the flow of deployment's and releases across the Organization and managed Builds that will go to Production.
- Facilitated implementation workbook review meetings with functional teams, to build run book and back out plans
- Communication, preparation planning of releases through liaising with all necessary parties to coordinate Change building, testing and implementation, in accordance with schedules.
- Provide technical leadership in the execution of the deployment cycle.
Environment: W2k/NT, Windows 2003,Clear Case, ClearQuest , Maven, Jenkins, Jira, WebLogic Application Server, Websphere Application Server, Oracle Service Bus, Java, SQL server, Oracle Applications, Remedy, Unix Shell Scripting, Autosys Server-JIL scripting.
Configuration/Build and Release Engineer
- Manage build process and document configuration and deployment instructions
- Installed TFS 2012 and setup different TFS user groups for the project team
- Configured SVN and provided detailed documentation to developers regarding SVN
- Managed and controlled the source code repository, currently housed in SVN for Java code and TFS for .Net code.
- Evaluated and lead the conversion to using Team Foundation Server for integrated source control, builds, testing, and deployment and lead upgrades of TFS
- Responsible for configuring different branched like trunk, branches and tags.
- Responsible for merging the code between different branches.
- Assisted with the planning, controlling and troubleshooting of software releases of .net and Java code.
- Create and manage associated SharePoint sites
- Developed EAR, WAR using build Scripts for JAVA code with Ant and Maven.
- Developed the hook scripts for SVN to track the bugs in SIT, UAT and higher environments.
- Configured Hudson for automatic build and deployment of JAVA code using specific baselines.
- Responsible for provide read or write access to SVN repositories based on their role.
- Developed server-side scripts to defect tracking, build management on SVN server.
- Train, mentor and coach end users in all functional areas of TFS
- Maintain automated build system implement new features or scripts for the build system
- Work with Operations to coordinate production and test releases
- Run the automated test scripts including build verification test scripts after every build
- Assist in component/production issue diagnosis and resolution
- Be in charge of our source control system and the build process
- Verify Build requests, Resolve merge branch conflicts.
- Developing generating Build summary reports and send to leadership team.
- Developed build scripts to use replace the specific properties based on the environment using Ant and Maven.
- Responsible for maintaining project software, Project documentation and hardware inventory
- Establishes and maintains the CM process and procedures.
- Produces builds of products for use in testing and in production.
- Guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers
- Guiding the team on self-organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Deployed the JAVA code to QA, UAT and Production servers on Websphere application server domain.
- Coordinate with Offshore and Onsite Development teams.
- Develop and maintain build and release documentation Baseline builds
- Performed quality assurance of tools and database testing
- Monitored and ensured response to all configuration requests
- Doing everything possible to ensure delighting customers
- Administrated and worked with multiple project teams to develop shared processes, optimize the usage and configuration of JIRA and provide technical leadership and tool development.
- Provided daily status for software builds and deployments in agile standup meetings
- Monitored, maintained, and controlled hardware and software configurations in classified ITIL environment
- Necessary support of the table set ups as needed. This will include moves to the Integration Testing Environment
- Tracked software customization, defects and issues via TFS
- Provide weekly status reports to the Project manager
- Assist PM's to update error and track defects in production
- Audits of hardware software releases prior to and following implementation to Production
- Participated in the lessons learned meetings after every release.
- Provided 24/7 on call support in both testing and production environment.
Environment: W2k/NT, Windows 2003,TFS , SVN, Ant, Maven, Websphere Application Server, IIS, Remedy, JIRA, .Net, Java, TSF, SQL server, Oracle Applications, Power Shell, Unix Shell Scripting, Cron Jobs.
Build and Release Engineer
- Implemented a deployment solution for DEV and QA that could deploy a build selected from a dropdown menu into an environment selected from another menu with the click of a button.
- Designed and coded application components in an agile environment utilizing a test driven development approach.
- Created the build definitions for various applications using MSBuild.
- Automated the regular build and deployment processes for pre-prod and prod environments using tools such as Maven following the Software Implementation Plan.
- Used Shell scripts to automate the deployment process.
- Responsibility for automated Scheduled Builds/Emergency Builds and Release using ANT scripts for Enterprise application J2EE .
- Created unit and functional test cases through use of testing tools such as Python and Bash.
- Merge conflicting code to ensure release to test environments.
- Create automated build procedures to ensure code is always ready for deployment.
- Create and maintain build scripts using Final Builder to perform builds efficiently.
- Experienced with JIRA for defect tracking.
- Used SONAR for monitoring code quality
- Used Jboss for building, deploying, and hosting highly-transactional Java applications and services.
- Coordinated all the IT projects successfully by resolving release interdependencies and planning roles.
- Developed UNIX Scripts for the purpose of manual deployment of the code to the different environments and E-mail the team when the build is completed.
- Shell scripting for building and deploying Java application to target environments.
ENVIRONMENT: Java/J2EE Ant, Maven, Tomcat, Subversion, JIRA, SVN, shell/bash, Ruby UNIX
Build and Release Engineer
- Participated in the release cycle of the product which involves environments like Development QA UAT and Production.
- Used Perforce for the purpose of Software Configuration management and maintaining the versions of the Symantec's Website Code.
- Coordinating the resources by working closely with the Project Manager's for the release and Project Manager for all the Operational Projects.
- Automated Build Artifacts using Jenkins and Cruise Control.
- Carried Deployments and builds on various environments.
- Wrote ANT Scripts to automate the build process.
- Providing Release Management and Build Automation with TFS 2010 Build Automation for project
- Configuration of Continuous, Rolling, Scheduled, Gated Automated Builds with TFS 2010 Build Automation.
- Developed web forms in ASP.NET using C as the code behind language and LINQ as the SQL data consumer.
- Coordinated with IT groups on the release timings to ensure systems are ready for code to be deployed.
- Manage source code, software builds, software versioning, and defect tracking on all software maintenance tasks and projects.
- Maintain releases plan, manage release content, communicate release status and analyze functional and technical dependencies among projects and maintenance releases.
- Involved in the configuration and Implementation of ClearQuest workflow for the Bug Tracking tool.
- Worked with different Bug Tracking Tools like Remedy, Jira and ClearQuest.
- Helped CC Admin and involved in Administrative Activities.
- Performed Builds for various Environments like QA, Integration, UAT and Productions Environment.
- Documented the deployment process Migration Doc of code to production on an Excel Sheet.
ENVIRONMENT:Java, .NET J2EE, Ant, Maven, Jenkins, perforce, Cruise Control, Shell, Perl, Html, PHP, Oracle 8. X/10. X, Solaris 2.9 JSP, Servlets, JDK 1.4.2.Clear Case 6.0, ClearQuest 2003.
- Designed/developed/Modified tables, views, materialized view, stored procedures, packages and functions.
- Coded PL-SQL packages and procedures to perform data loading, error handling and logging. Tied the procedures into an existing ETL process.
- Tuned database SQL statements and procedures by monitoring run times and system statistics. Inserted hints and rewrote code as required.
- Used SQL loader to load the data from the files provided by the interfacing applications.
- Created new Procedures, Functions, Triggers, Materialized Views, Packages, Simple, Ref Traditional Cursors, Dynamic SQL, Table functions as part of Project/Application requirements.
- Created partitioned tables and partitioned indexes to improve the performance of the applications.
- Wrote PL/SQL Database triggers to implement the business rules in the application.
- Created external tables to handle huge volumes of data which is not used frequently.
- Optimized lot of SQL statements and PL/SQL blocks by analyzing the execute plans of SQL statement and created and modified triggers, SQL queries, stored procedures for performance improvement.
- Developed various backend application programs, such as Views, Functions, Triggers, Procedures and Packages using SQL and PL/SQL language for the top management for decision making.
- Implemented all modules logic by using Triggers and Integrity Constraints.
- Good understanding of database objects and ability to triage issues.
- Involved in PL/SQL code review and modification for the development of new requirements.
- Created materialized views required for the application.
Environment: Developer2000 Forms5.0, Reports3.0 , PL/SQL, Oracle Application Server, HTML